Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New Halo/HID Pics

Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New Halo/HID Pics

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Don't forget the brake lines...and I need one of those plates for my "hoe"! Tahoe....lol
I can pick one up for you, if you like. US Uniform and Supply is just a few blocks from me. I'm going to give John (Boilerup) a call tomorrow and see if he wants to get together, we could all maybe grab a beer or something.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by No_Dominion
I can pick one up for you, if you like. US Uniform and Supply is just a few blocks from me. I'm going to give John (Boilerup) a call tomorrow and see if he wants to get together, we could all maybe grab a beer or something.
I didn't know they carried them...I can stop in there....unless we are going to meet up w/ Johnny...and I will pay you then....let me know...

Old 11-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good mods on the brakes, as Doc said dont forget the stainless lines.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Forum Regular

I didn't know they carried them...I can stop in there....unless we are going to meet up w/ Johnny...and I will pay you then....let me know...
They carry them as well as SR Jenkins. The ones from USU Supply have a reflective blue line, the ones from Jenkins have just a matte blue line.

Also, USU Supply can do a custom etching in the plate with the 5 point star for whatever county you like, it looks silver where its etched into the metal of the plate.. Costs a little bit extra but it's a nice look and cleaner than the 5-point sticker like I have on mine right now. I'm probably going to be picking one up myself here soon to replace the one I have. The etched plates cost around 20 and the plain ones around 12 if I remember correctly.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 PM

They carry them as well as SR Jenkins. The ones from USU Supply have a reflective blue line, the ones from Jenkins have just a matte blue line.

Also, USU Supply can do a custom etching in the plate with the 5 point star for whatever county you like, it looks silver where its etched into the metal of the plate.. Costs a little bit extra but it's a nice look and cleaner than the 5-point sticker like I have on mine right now. I'm probably going to be picking one up myself here soon to replace the one I have. The etched plates cost around 20 and the plain ones around 12 if I remember correctly.
sounds like I need the 20 dollar one....and yes, we need to meet up...I was at John's last night...let me know...I can make a road trip...

Old 11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular

sounds like I need the 20 dollar one....and yes, we need to meet up...I was at John's last night...let me know...I can make a road trip...
Yeah, it's definitely worth the extra money. The didn't have my county in stock when I got mine or I would have bought one, instead. I'll get ahold of John some time tomorrow afternoon and we can go from there.

Now back to topic, haha. Would it be very difficult to just do the brake lines down the road?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 PM

Yeah, it's definitely worth the extra money. The didn't have my county in stock when I got mine or I would have bought one, instead. I'll get ahold of John some time tomorrow afternoon and we can go from there.

Now back to topic, haha. Would it be very difficult to just do the brake lines down the road?
well, if you are going to replace the brake fluid, this is a great time to change lines...and yes, you could do them later...but, if you don't, this leaves a weak link in your brakes system if you are going to run hard for any length of time...metal lines handle the heat better...

Old 11-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Forum Regular

well, if you are going to replace the brake fluid, this is a great time to change lines...and yes, you could do them later...but, if you don't, this leaves a weak link in your brakes system if you are going to run hard for any length of time...metal lines handle the heat better...
Hmm, I'll have to look into that, then. I think I remember Needwings having a set on their site.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular

To do the brake lines you will need to flush the system. Easy job if you have a power bleeder. Make sure when you add new fluid you get a high quality fluid if you intend to run it at the Dragon or anywhere else that will use your brakes. Motul 600 RBF is a popular option.

The lines are super easy to take off and install.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM

We have most of the Indy guys posting in this section right now, so lets plan a little something. I am hoping to have most of the car back together for this weekend, and we are supposed to have great weather. Anyone else on board for a little mini-GTG this weekend at some point?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:30 PM

How hard is it to crack into the headlight housing and how did you do it? Im looking at a kit for mine by Cincitydesign that will do a Halo/LED combo...