Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Lighting

Old 09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting

I have two issues and I need your help.
The first issue is that my headlight is cloudy and needs to be replaced. I cannot find a site where I can order a replacement. If I go to the dealer, they charge me too much.
The other issue I have is I apperently have a light out, but I checked and all seemed to be working. However, the indicator light on the dashboard tells me otherwise. I am at a loss. I had it checked and nothing.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Lighting

Is you headlight cloudy on the inside or outside? If it's the outside, you can sand/buff that out. There are inexpensive kits available from 3M and other companies you can buy to do it yourself.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the head lamps can be restored to almost new seard the threads, and also check your license plate lights they seem to be the ones that go out the most, and hard to find since the fillement can re-connect for awhile and not be out, but next time you shut the deck lid it breaks and your dash light is on again.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkub57
Yes the head lamps can be restored to almost new seard the threads, and also check your license plate lights they seem to be the ones that go out the most, and hard to find since the fillement can re-connect for awhile and not be out, but next time you shut the deck lid it breaks and your dash light is on again.
The license plate light is usually the one you don't notice since there are two of them...

Old 09-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for your help. I just recently replaced the license plate lights. I wonder perhaps if the cause could be the interior light? One of them does not seem to be as bright as the other. Looks like it may be going out soon. About my headlight, I did just that, but it did not make much of a difference.