Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New fender strakes

Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New fender strakes

well all-
I'm still holding hope Jordan's going to man up and show back up here in 2011 and gimme that refund. I'd even take crappy painted strakes at this point. Something. Anything.

But sadly still nothing. Not even a returned e-mail.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Jordan, your life's path will be haunted with this; forever you will have a degree of guilt and misery unless you put this to rights. It should be a priority for you. Only then will you live a happy contented life. And you can't put a price on that. Karma is real young brother.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SapGoblin
well all-
I'm still holding hope Jordan's going to man up and show back up here in 2011 and gimme that refund. I'd even take crappy painted strakes at this point. Something. Anything.

But sadly still nothing. Not even a returned e-mail.
This is really too bad, at the very least I would think some of the damaged strakes could be sent out so you can try to modify them and get them to work....

Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Do you clearcoat over the flatblack?
With these I did not because I wanted to leave the finish of the black matte.

I have gotten some good pictures, hopefully I can upload them within the next few days so you can see what I mean...

Old 01-05-2011, 01:33 PM

As promised, my graphite strakes with flat black inserts....

Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Can I send you mine? How much? lol Yes, those look better than stock.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Boiler. I'm going to do mine in Aero Blue and see how it looks. I do agree it looks much better then stock.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Can I send you mine? How much? lol Yes, those look better than stock.
Dave, what color is yours again? If its graphite, I am going to be doing some more painting later this year, and I could certainly scuff and shoot them then.

Originally Posted by SoftballJunnkie
Looks good Boiler. I'm going to do mine in Aero Blue and see how it looks. I do agree it looks much better then stock.
Thanks. I think the aero would look killer, what direction are you going to go with the inserts?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM

That's very generous of you to offer, but our Coupe is an SSB, but thank you for that. Bob

Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boiler, I like how u did urs, so I'm going to go the same route. Looks clean. This is something I will do this winter. Maybe take it to my paint shop next week, im sure they can get it done within a day. I like the flat black which will match what I plan to do when I powdercoat my rims this spring.

Although I am curious to see how it would look with the strakes painted flat black and the inserts aero blue. Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Dave, what color is yours again? If its graphite, I am going to be doing some more painting later this year, and I could certainly scuff and shoot them then.

Thanks. I think the aero would look killer, what direction are you going to go with the inserts?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

This thread has been viewed 19,606 times, for a dead loss project it sure got everyones attention, it has gone on to better things lately though.
Unfortunately I saw this project going pear shaped quite early.
How's the CF hood project?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Hey guys-
sorry to dredge up old news...but just thought it was worth a mention. If anyone else out there lost their $163 to Jordon aka HyprLtH20 I STILL never got a refund. And now that I've been e-mailing, etc. for 6+ months, just this last week he cancelled my PayPal request. No further response.

So I basically take that as a BIG F#@* you from this guy. Which sucks, 'cause I really thought he'd do the right thing...I know it seems petty to still be going after this all this time, but sadly I'm not made outta money. So even though I have this sweet car, I still need all the $ I can get.

Anyhow, I'm just reaffirming what hopefully all you other users know by now: stay away from HyprLtH20

Old 04-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by SapGoblin
Hey guys-
sorry to dredge up old news...but just thought it was worth a mention. If anyone else out there lost their $163 to Jordon aka HyprLtH20 I STILL never got a refund. And now that I've been e-mailing, etc. for 6+ months, just this last week he cancelled my PayPal request. No further response.

So I basically take that as a BIG F#@* you from this guy. Which sucks, 'cause I really thought he'd do the right thing...I know it seems petty to still be going after this all this time, but sadly I'm not made outta money. So even though I have this sweet car, I still need all the $ I can get.

Anyhow, I'm just reaffirming what hopefully all you other users know by now: stay away from HyprLtH20
Surely someone here can identify him and have a Tampa resident (or two or three or ...) drop by and politely 'ask' for the money. What are friends for anyway.
Surely this is a federal offence, but I guess that's not the deterrent it used to be.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 AM

that would be great...but as it is now, I'm not holding my breath of course!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 AM

At one time in america you could go by and request your money. Sadly we are now like canada and can only do what the goverment tells us we can do.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SNAKEWOLF
At one time in america you could go by and request your money. Sadly we are now like canada and can only do what the goverment tells us we can do.
Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Who pissed in your cornflakes?
Many in the US would have a hard time saying where Canada was. It is so small you can easily miss it in the atlas.
Hint, if in doubt follow a war resistor.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by SNAKEWOLF
You must not know some of the Canadians I know.

Sad to see how this thread ended, though it didn't seem viable from the beginning. But we all know how hindsight goes and all that.

I recall someone in this thread being able to track down Jordon's contact phone number, with that it should be pretty easy to deduce a location. And I'll leave it at that.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:46 PM

I am currently looking into his location, it should'nt be too much longer until I will see him face to face. I have reached my limit on being ripped off. I believe mail fraud is involved along with theft and any other charges the local DA is willing to put on this bum. Custom Crossfire it's only a matter of time

Old 04-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Thank you to all the wise and intelligent comments. I have always known where things are and who can be very nasty when they believe another person may be right. Trust me your sarcasm and anger bothers me little.

Quick Reply: New fender strakes