Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New fender strakes

Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: New fender strakes

Just tuned in....and I see what I hoped I wouldn't see happened. Kid if you are tuning in, which I know you are...you need to refund what you can if you aren't going to provide a product, even if the product doesn't live up to your customer's expectations. This is your charactor on the line here, not just business. You tried, and people weren't satisfied. Some of it not your fault, but when money exchanges hands, there has to be restitution. So, make things right here...everyone makes mistakes, and mistakes can be forgiven, but not if you don't make an effort...contact your customers by pm...and work something out....move on...it's the holidays....it's a forgiving time...but not if you don't communicate...

Old 12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

def get me a pic when u can on the car. I was thinking of painting my strakes a flat black and the rest the color of my exterior, but i could go the other route like u did.

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Here they are in the paint booth, getting painted BY A PROFESSIONAL

They look ever better with the flat black on the inserts, but since it has been such crappy weather here, I do not have a decent picture yet on the car....

Old 12-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SoftballJunnkie
def get me a pic when u can on the car. I was thinking of painting my strakes a flat black and the rest the color of my exterior, but i could go the other route like u did.
Don't encourage him....he has his car in pieces....I won't drive near his place, he may take mine apart....I think that bump on the head created a monster...

Old 12-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Don't encourage him....he has his car in pieces....I won't drive near his place, he may take mine apart....I think that bump on the head created a monster...
lol seems like the whole car is in pieces from the pics.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody painted the inserts to match the cars paint?any pics if so?I think they might look better than the one there selling becuase the ones there selling here dont look like if they were perfected to go with the side of the cars line with some work they cuold look really good.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kussh
Has anybody painted the inserts to match the cars paint?any pics if so?I think they might look better than the one there selling becuase the ones there selling here dont look like if they were perfected to go with the side of the cars line with some work they cuold look really good.

What the h3ll??????? Can you make any sense out of what you just posted? I can overlook your using "there" when you should have used "their" (multiple times), but I still cannot make any sense out of this post.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
What the h3ll??????? Can you make any sense out of what you just posted? I can overlook your using "there" when you should have used "their" (multiple times), but I still cannot make any sense out of this post.
I was thinking the same thing...

Old 12-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
LOL very funny, but some of us start a project and finish it, I have been driving my fully assembled car for weeks, how is that Meth kit install coming?

Had to give you some **** LOL

At first I painted the entire strake graphite and did not like it because it did not look right, flat blacked the inserts and it made it feel a little more like actual strakes. On the car they look great, except all the salt covering them at the moment

Old 12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt check every page of the thread, but are there any pictures of them installed on the car?

Old 12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ideating
I didnt check every page of the thread, but are there any pictures of them installed on the car?
Why yes, yes there are.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Why yes, yes there are.
LOL .........

Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Why yes, yes there are.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular

LOL very funny, but some of us start a project and finish it, I have been driving my fully assembled car for weeks, how is that Meth kit install coming?

Had to give you some **** LOL

At first I painted the entire strake graphite and did not like it because it did not look right, flat blacked the inserts and it made it feel a little more like actual strakes. On the car they look great, except all the salt covering them at the moment
Get me some pics dude!! I want to do something with mine.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Ther are sum of us foke aint so edukatd *** sum of yall jis to let yuu no. Pleese tri to undrstand. I sur wiss I had that their? spel chek buy goly!

Old 12-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Ther are sum of us foke aint so edukatd *** sum of yall jis to let yuu no. Pleese tri to undrstand. I sur wiss I had that their? spel chek buy goly!
Dina, where in Norcal are you? Were trying to do a get together in the spring. Check the west forum if ur interested.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 PM

Dina, where in Norcal are you? Were trying to do a get together in the spring. Check the west forum if ur interested.
Thanks for the tip, I just left a post there.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Get me some pics dude!! I want to do something with mine.
I will hopefully get some soon, it has not been above 32 so I can not exactly wash it at the moment. Here is a pic of them on the car from when I first reassembled it, but the light hitting them makes them look silver, I will try to get some better ones....

Old 12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular

so painting the flat black inserts makes the strakes look better on the car?

Yeah, when u get the proper weather def get some pics up. Thanks.

I will hopefully get some soon, it has not been above 32 so I can not exactly wash it at the moment. Here is a pic of them on the car from when I first reassembled it, but the light hitting them makes them look silver, I will try to get some better ones....

Old 12-28-2010, 03:57 PM

so painting the flat black inserts makes the strakes look better on the car?

Yeah, when u get the proper weather def get some pics up. Thanks.
The inserts are unfinished black plastic from the factory, most of them at this stage are faded grey. When we painted the entire strake graphite it looked like there was no depth to it and it appeared to be one large piece (as we know they are) but in painting the small inserts that connect the strakes a flat black, I was able to get more depth and make the strakes look like they were individual pieces. Much more visually appealing to me.

I will get pics when able, it is hard to comprehend from the description, but when you see it, it will be an ah-ha moment

Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM

The inserts are unfinished black plastic from the factory, most of them at this stage are faded grey. When we painted the entire strake graphite it looked like there was no depth to it and it appeared to be one large piece (as we know they are) but in painting the small inserts that connect the strakes a flat black, I was able to get more depth and make the strakes look like they were individual pieces. Much more visually appealing to me.

I will get pics when able, it is hard to comprehend from the description, but when you see it, it will be an ah-ha moment
Do you clearcoat over the flatblack?

Quick Reply: New fender strakes