Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New fender strakes

Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New fender strakes

Hypr, so is this how it ends?

I realize I did not purchase any of your products, so I am not really sure it is my place, but here goes a little advice. Please post up what happened and why, without giving any excuses. Everyone here was pulling for you to succeed, but after seeing how many others have tried and failed, we tend to get jaded. But now you have customers with no product or subpar products and MANY others on the sideline watching. I would at least post something in the forum because the guys watching are the ones who are going to possibly be your future customers.

Let everyone know what is going on, everyone here is more than understanding, but silence is not a good sign.....

Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ What he said ^^ ........ I double dog dare you!

Old 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

I realize I did not purchase any of your products, so I am not really sure it is my place, but here goes a little advice. Please post up what happened and why, without giving any excuses. Everyone here was pulling for you to succeed, but after seeing how many others have tried and failed, we tend to get jaded. But now you have customers with no product or subpar products and MANY others on the sideline watching. I would at least post something in the forum because the guys watching are the ones who are going to possibly be your future customers.

Let everyone know what is going on, everyone here is more than understanding, but silence is not a good sign.....
Not a good sign I'm afraid.
He hasn't posted since the first of the month, that's three weeks.
The longer there is no response the worse it gets and excuses like we have heard so far will seem even lamer.
It is a pity, but never count your chickens until they're hatched.
I wonder how the hood deal is going. I sure hope that works out well for everyones sake.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

Boiler, this is excellent advice and I couldn't agree with you more. Just giving this a bump in the hopes he responds.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Erzer
Boiler, this is excellent advice and I couldn't agree with you more. Just giving this a bump in the hopes he responds.
We have absolutely bent over backwards to give him the benefit of the doubt, but now this is getting ridiculous.

I am also very surprised at the fact that more of the guys who are out cash have not been voicing their concerns.....

Old 12-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boiler, you did a nice job of bringing this to a head in some fashion. This is one weird deal, I have to say. I've been following it, and was skeptical from the start of this one, and that's why did not participate. If I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't the first messed up rodeo with hyper is it? I seem to remember something else but could be I'm wrong.

IMO, and this is what I'm not getting here, is that he's a member, came up with an idea needing more proto effort, but advertised that it was a ready to go product, got folks into it, then realized it wasn't working so bailed on communicating, or refunding to the folks out there. Does that about sum it up?

Me. I'd never have offered ANYTHING for sale until at least my first one was proven after I proofed it at my expense, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to offer for sale when I understood what the production set up costs were going to be and how much I was selling the thing for.

This deal seems to me to be completely back-a$$wards, and that's how I felt about it based on the nuances of the original conversation. It didn't smell right that it was already to go. Unlike the lighted sills from Wind Restrictor. That was straight up from the start. At least it felt right, except for the paying for it while it then goes into production, but this is a custom graphic on a a standardized sill, so that's that's not the same issue as these strakes.

No hyper screwed the pooch IMO and nailed it by not communicating straight up. I dcan't figure out why a member of a group would run away like this. I've made mistakes before that cost folks money, but always made it up to them and took my lumps. It wasn't there fault that I had messed up, and always let them know what happened, but they didn't lose anything in the process. I have to see them again sometime. Just my take.

Last edited by mdaniels4; 12-21-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Forum Regular

Too bad it ended like this, but he isnt coming back. Good thing I didnt buy either. Just seemed odd with the whole strakes fell through the bottom of the box ordeal.

I really wish someone would make some custom strakes for the car.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 AM

Since I'm one the buyers of the strakes, I should make a few comments.

First, I knew this was a high risk buy, but no aftermarket manufacturer is going to produce plastic parts for a discontinued car with low production volumes and numbers that are getting smaller each day.

Secondly, this whole transaction was a$$ backwards, I knew that, but was willing to take a chance on Hypr getting a company going in support of X-FIRE Owners. Was it a risk? - You bet, but I was willing to take a chance.

And thirdly, I don't believe Hypr was out to do any harm, his dreams were larger than his skills and budget.

Hypr has made a few mistakes and I'll sure he is embarrassed, but he will recover and continue to have dreams. Should he address the forum that supported him, probably not a bad idea if he wants to stay in the X-Fire business.

Now for those who want to tar and feather Hypr, be my guest, but I'm going to spend time with family and friends and count my blessings and MOVE ON. We should leave this at 19 or 20 pages and give some thought to our servicemen and women in harms way and those who do without all year long.

That's All Folks !!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Jack

Last edited by Grumps; 12-22-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM

Well I'm not here to thread bash or anything...but it DOES suck it's almost x-mas now, and as one of the buyers who never even got the product OR the refund, it REALLY sucks this all went down the tubes this way. Now I'm out the $165 and I haven't even really heard a peep in the last 3 weeks.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM

yes Grumps, in the end you're right, all you do is move on. But I really think the point of this is to in fact bash Hyper for the way he handled this, and thereforeby extension his personal life, because I can guarantee you that this isn't far off his behavior in other areas too, and that's really sad for him. You can't be in integrity in all other areas and then screw up this way on one other issue. Doesn't work that way. Theres a pattern of consistency that permeates behavior. his is dreaming big, promising more than he's able, leading people down a path and then abandoning them when it doesn't go his way. Completely unacceptable in my view.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by SoftballJunnkie
would make some custom strakes for the car.
IMHO it is about making it your own, not needing a new product entirely. On my last car, I had one off custom made carbon fibre strakes, IMO very cool, but from more than 15 feet away, you could not tell. On this car, I went the other way and simply painted mine body color and flat blacked the inserts between each strake. I wanted them to disappear, and have a little depth, like the OEM ones, mission accomplished.

Have fun with it and do something different, thats what makes these cars great, a majority of the mods we each have are completely one off because hardly anyone makes items for us, and I kind of like that aspect. The only guys really doing new things to these cars are the ones willing to go out on a limb with their own car and wallet....

Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Too bad it ended like this, but he isnt coming back. Good thing I didnt buy either. Just seemed odd with the whole strakes fell through the bottom of the box ordeal.

I really wish someone would make some custom strakes for the car.
If I had the talent/ability to fabricate metal, I would. Just don't like the fake strake. I'd love to see a straight full gill style(no strake). Like on a MKIII style Cobra. Stainless Steel, polished or not,or primed for paint. Would give us a lil' tribute to the musclecar era, which has recently been resurrected.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SapGoblin
Well I'm not here to thread bash or anything...but it DOES suck it's almost x-mas now, and as one of the buyers who never even got the product OR the refund, it REALLY sucks this all went down the tubes this way. Now I'm out the $165 and I haven't even really heard a peep in the last 3 weeks.
Have you asked directly for the money? I always say don't ask, don't get.
Try his 'contact us' address. Contact Us | Custom Crossfire
I would hazard a guess that Hyper does not have the extra cash to pay you back. He probably has people with faces that he owes money to, you are just an email address.
But I would have thought that at least a promise to repay you when he can would have been appropriate. Getting others to help decrease your losses is not an honorable thing to do, honor is hard to get and maintain but easy to lose forever.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-22-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

Grumps, I understand what ur saying about moving on and that's all u can do in this situation. Morally the right thing to do is at least communicate with his customers not necessarily in a open forum by PM or email about what is really going on. I don't know about most of u but $165 is $165. I work hard for my money just like the rest, so it would be hard to just "oh well forget about it." Its the principle. I just wonder how many people didn't get a refund?

Hyper had a lot of big ideas but unfortunately those ideas will be on paper because I'm sure he has lost complete faith in the xfire community. A shame it is.

Boiler, do u have pics of ur strakes? I'm still interested in buying a pair if someone wants to cooperate some of their money pm me if so. I think a good paint, prep and correct fitment to the car would do wonders.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Have you asked directly for the money? I always say don't ask, don't get.
Try his 'contact us' address. Contact Us | Custom Crossfire
I would hazard a guess that Hyper does not have the extra cash to pay you back. He probably has people with faces that he owes money to, you are just an email address.
But I would have thought that at least a promise to repay you when he can would have been appropriate. Getting others to help decrease your losses is not an honorable thing to do, honor is hard to get and maintain but easy to lose forever.
Done and DONE...getting nowhere!

Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM

Anybody that wants their money back should get it immediately. That's one business practice that is nonnegotiable.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Forum Regular

Well, over three weeks with no posts...and he's not returning PM's or emails? Do what you've got to do for financial restitution. I feel bad for those that got burned. He seemed like a good, honest guy and that's why everyone trusted him.

I was burned in an internet transaction (not by this guy) for over $750 several years ago for a hood, and never received the hood or a dime of my money back.

I agree with those that say "move on". Forget, but don't forgive.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by TomStratRT
Well, over three weeks with no posts...and he's not returning PM's or emails? Do what you've got to do for financial restitution. I feel bad for those that got burned. He seemed like a good, honest guy and that's why everyone trusted him.

I was burned in an internet transaction (not by this guy) for over $750 several years ago for a hood, and never received the hood or a dime of my money back.

I agree with those that say "move on". Forget, but don't forgive.
He has not posted and the funny thing is when you go to his listing on the members list and look at the column that says last visit it says NA and it said that when he was posting. What does NA mean in this case?
He could be watching but we would not know.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
He has not posted and the funny thing is when you go to his listing on the members list and look at the column that says last visit it says NA and it said that when he was posting. What does NA mean in this case?
He could be watching but we would not know.
Hiding activity and can see everything. Anyone tried contacting him through his web site?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 AM

Boiler, do u have pics of ur strakes?
Here they are in the paint booth, getting painted BY A PROFESSIONAL

They look ever better with the flat black on the inserts, but since it has been such crappy weather here, I do not have a decent picture yet on the car....

Quick Reply: New fender strakes