Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New fender strakes

Old 11-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: New fender strakes

I would like to hear from the two members that received the initial shipment. What do you guys think of the finished product?
HyperLtH,
Just a reminder that my deadline with Paypal to file a claim is Dec, 3 (next friday). I need to have something from you before then or I will have no other choice......Can you a least provide a traceable tracking number?
As other have suggested your lack of meaningful communication is taking a toll on my patience

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 11-30-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
I would like to hear from the two members that received the initial shipment. What do you guys think of the finished product?
HyperLtH,
Just a reminder that my deadline with Paypal to file a claim is Dec, 3 (next friday). I need to have something from you before then or I will have no other choice......Can you a least provide a traceable tracking number?
As other have suggested your lack of meaningful communication is taking a toll on my patience
Perhaps you could PM those two members. They are: tnaski (Alabaster) and 89bird (primer). Hope this all works out.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got Jordan's PM last night...telling me my strakes aren't coming, but a refund will.
Okay.
Not happy, but that is the best outcome all things considered.

...BUT, PayPal says my 45 days are passed, so I can't request a refund.

Jordan- please send me the funds!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by SapGoblin
So I got Jordan's PM last night...telling me my strakes aren't coming, but a refund will.
Okay.

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
Please do not be worried about not receiving your set. EVERYONE will receive them! I am not going anywhere!
I'm sorry but this looks like a train wreck in slow motion.
We have two people who are supposed to have product but never reported back.
I suspect that they are complaining and dare not say it here just in case they ruin their case.
If anyone has not filed a complaint with Paypal they should do it right now.
I think you are all too trusting and these parts are not made of the correct material anyway.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:37 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay.

....PM sent!

Old 12-01-2010, 02:38 PM

Thank You!

Old 12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I'm sorry but this looks like a train wreck in slow motion.
We have two people who are supposed to have product but never reported back.
I suspect that they are complaining and dare not say it here just in case they ruin their case.
If anyone has not filed a complaint with Paypal they should do it right now.
I think you are all too trusting and these parts are not made of the correct material anyway.
I have not heard back from tnaski or 89bird either.. No disputes have been made by either of them.

And how is urethane an incorrect material? bumpers, side skirts, and many other body parts are very commonly made of urethane. Its strong and very forgiving. you dont have to worry about it cracking like fiberglass or abs from just a slight impact. You can bend this stuff in half and it would not break.

Guys look, if I were really here to rip some people off I would be long gone by now. I think you know that. I never meant for these occurring issues to happen.. But they did, and I have done the best I know how to do to handle them. I have learned so much from just this first run, and I am certain that future transactions will happen smoothly.. I have already taken the necessary steps to ensure so.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Okay.

I got the same PM asking me to escalate and file a claim with Paypal to get my money back...... but no explaination as why some sets didn't come out as expected from the painter.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Forum Regular

I got my money back through paypal today.

These do look like a good idea, and when he gets everything straightened out, I'm sure they will sell.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 PM

First impression and all; fell short. Unfortunately, It'll be a hard sell now. Just saying.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

This is a pic of how I mounted mine.. I gave everyone about 30in of adhesive to mount however they like, I do suggest doing like the picture though.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2010-11-10 19.48.18.jpg (55.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 PM

This is a pic of how I mounted mine.. I gave everyone about 30in of adhesive to mount however they like, I do suggest doing like the picture though.
Let's see them on the car and with good hi-res pictures. That picture sucks.
Settle all the questions, a picture is worth a thousand words. That picture is of the back, let's see the front and if it's good I'll be the first to say well done.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Let's see them on the car and with good hi-res pictures. That picture sucks.
Settle all the questions, a picture is worth a thousand words. That picture is of the back, let's see the front and if it's good I'll be the first to say well done.
I agree w/ this. And the critical responses from the members here are important lessons for you; and that for some, it seems that you're taking too lightly, and not listening. Your entrepreneurial efforts are commendable, but be careful that you don't blow off members of this forum, because your crossfire niche business will be done, plain and simple.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As Dave suggests, many of us who mod want only the best fit and finish possible, I have a few XF parts in my garage that I will not put on my car because I believe the quality of them is not first rate.

PLEASE post up some good hi-res pics of a clean car with these strakes installed so we can actually see what you are working with.

Not meant to sound mean, but after weeks of being asked to produce pics, we see several shitty cell phone pics and that will not cut it with a $150 part.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
As Dave suggests, many of us who mod want only the best fit and finish possible, I have a few XF parts in my garage that I will not put on my car because I believe the quality of them is not first rate.

PLEASE post up some good hi-res pics of a clean car with these strakes installed so we can actually see what you are working with.

Not meant to sound mean, but after weeks of being asked to produce pics, we see several shitty cell phone pics and that will not cut it with a $150 part.
I got a tracking number, as soon as they arrive I will post pics up close. Ill let eveyone know my thoughts.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:24 PM

soooo....any one get a refund yet?

Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 PM

Just a thought, I am very leery of using sticky tape to stick things down. On a vertical surface gravity is pulling down all the time and sticky tape tends to slide, especially in the heat. These are not light in weight so the effect is greater.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

OK - Pictures,

I'm not going to say anything at this point. Any comments about the strake pictures, direct at the vendor. My problem is I need to see the car is sunlight. Maybe Saturday morning.

Question is, do they go with the car??? I think so but I need to hear from others.

Now if they don't grow on me, I'll be selling them for around $15K since they are rare and hard to get and I'll throw in the car. lol

Waiting on Jimmy for his thoughts.

Grumps

Last edited by Grumps; 10-01-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:11 PM

Sorry for the delay. I just opened my box up and I am not really happy, the paint is chipped and in my personal opinion I will put these up on the shelf and chalk it up to new design issues. I also ordered a roof spoiler and got an email stating it won't be happening and to expect a refund. I haven't seen one yet ????
I hope you all who have ordered these will be happier with yours. When I get the time I will try to remake these into something usable

Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The black appears way too glossy for my taste. I think they would have looked better in a flat or satin black. The strakes do not appear to sit flush against the body (probably the double sided tape is too thick). In the pictures that are shot from the front of the car looking back, their appears to be a silver piece that goes from the top to the bottom of the piece(not sure what that could be.). I like the looks of the strakes (if they would sit flush.), but the vents do not look realistic to me (cheapens the overall look.).

Quick Reply: New fender strakes