Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New fender strakes

Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New fender strakes

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
It's a story Rudy and I know all too well. When you rely on others you might as well throw deadlines out the window. Secondly when you are charging next to nothing for a product that is painted to match you are going to run into everything. Hell people asked why we charged so much for a pillar pod, well walk into a paint shop tell him you need flawless work and them done yesterday, ohh and by the way painter please sand in between coats and wet sand and buff the final product. They laugh and say we have cars with scratched fenders that make us $600+, I'll get to your Little "project" when we have time but it's gonna cost you $200 and I'm not gaurenteeing the work since it's something we don't normally do. Heck we had shops we thought were hurting for cash turn us away. Communication (which should be attended to daily in most vendors cases) aside what do u all expect to hear? No news isnt allways bad news, and custom parts with custom paint should never have a deadline. Especially guys, when you are funding this product and project. Most start up's rely on members, trust, and a little faith to get a product out. You guys knew this going into it. Half of u want to file claims and u really don't understand how much you are getting for how little. Lastly when your making a name for yourself you want a product to be flawless, i have been there. Do i buy the dropped box story not really, but i dont doubt the product wasnt perfect and it was sent back to be resprayed. for what its worth this is a car we all charish and we all want everything we do to it to be free of imperfection, the 6 feet rule doesnt work here..... Perfect Quality isn't free and it may take a few trys when its not in your control. Imagine getting a scratchd strake you all would have flamed the hell out of this poor guy. My two cents; they should have always been offered as primed, paint is impossible to deliver. Keep people in the loop through pm's, always tell the truth, you would be surprised how far a simple I am sorry I need more time (when it's genuine) will go. Members, sit back, relax, let the kid pull through........ You took a chance on seeing a prototype cell phone pic ohhhhhhhh And leave your strakes on untill these show up in the mail. .
Well Said!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonny, i agree. As a general contractor I learned long ago that my company is only as good as the subcontractors I hire. Their problems become my problems and often with certain individuals you have little control.Hyper is in the learning curve and will not forget the position he now finds himself in. I will wait until he delivers the finished produce to pass judgement. Hyper I am pulling for you. Just a word, timely and honest communication showing you care and intend to make things right can often turn the tide with an unsatisfied customer. Good luck.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F117NH
Well Said!
Well said?? The man wrote a book! If it wasn't well said it would have been a substantial waste of time! Haha

Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Bill, if you have received adequate communication as a buyer, that is great...
I wasn't necessarily saying that, but the pm's that others have posted were sent to me as well, he wasn't only sending them to one person.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:24 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
It's a story Rudy and I know all too well. When you rely on others you might as well throw deadlines out the window. Secondly when you are charging next to nothing for a product that is painted to match you are going to run into everything. Hell people asked why we charged so much for a pillar pod, well walk into a paint shop tell him you need flawless work and them done yesterday, ohh and by the way painter please sand in between coats and wet sand and buff the final product. They laugh and say we have cars with scratched fenders that make us $600+, I'll get to your Little "project" when we have time but it's gonna cost you $200 and I'm not gaurenteeing the work since it's something we don't normally do. Heck we had shops we thought were hurting for cash turn us away. Communication (which should be attended to daily in most vendors cases) aside what do u all expect to hear? No news isnt allways bad news, and custom parts with custom paint should never have a deadline. Especially guys, when you are funding this product and project. Most start up's rely on members, trust, and a little faith to get a product out. You guys knew this going into it. Half of u want to file claims and u really don't understand how much you are getting for how little. Lastly when your making a name for yourself you want a product to be flawless, i have been there. Do i buy the dropped box story not really, but i dont doubt the product wasnt perfect and it was sent back to be resprayed. for what its worth this is a car we all charish and we all want everything we do to it to be free of imperfection, the 6 feet rule doesnt work here..... Perfect Quality isn't free and it may take a few trys when its not in your control. Imagine getting a scratchd strake you all would have flamed the hell out of this poor guy. My two cents; they should have always been offered as primed, paint is impossible to deliver. Keep people in the loop through pm's, always tell the truth, you would be surprised how far a simple I am sorry I need more time (when it's genuine) will go. Members, sit back, relax, let the kid pull through........ You took a chance on seeing a prototype cell phone pic ohhhhhhhh And leave your strakes on untill these show up in the mail. .

Thanks for that Johnny..

And thanks to all the others who have sent me pm's of support!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by billvp
I wasn't necessarily saying that, but the Pm's that others have posted were sent to me as well, he wasn't only sending them to one person.
From reading the thread I think the "others" that have posted there Pm's have not done so for members like you that made a purchase but for the members that might not have been aware of what was going on....

I for one am glad, Now I know where these stand.

I thunk I will wait for someone to receive and post some info on there quality before I make a purchase from this vendor just as others have recommended!!!

Last edited by Crazy_K; 11-15-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:23 AM

HyprLtH20-

Any more news on if the existing orders will see paint this week? THANKS!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by SapGoblin
HyprLtH20-

Any more news on if the existing orders will see paint this week? THANKS!
not really any news. he just says that he knows the bind im in for them to get done and he is doing his best to help me out

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20

Please do not be worried about not receiving your set. EVERYONE will receive them! I am not going anywhere!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
INTEGRITY......good for you. That is key to starting a new business.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

just keeping you all updated.. I will be in orlando tomorrow and am planning to drop in to see the painter while Im there. Ill post back tomorrow with another update

Old 11-21-2010, 12:02 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

ok.. after going to see the painter he said that he should be able to get most of them done if not all done by the end of the day on friday.. once they are ready to be picked up he will let me know. I hope to be able to ship them out next monday. Everyone cross your fingers! I will post any new updates when I receive them. Thanks again to all for your continued patience!

Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the up date.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ok.. after going to see the painter he said that he should be able to get most of them done if not all done by the end of the day on friday.. once they are ready to be picked up he will let me know. I hope to be able to ship them out next monday. Everyone cross your fingers! I will post any new updates when I receive them. Thanks again to all for your continued patience!
Be careful about rushing the shipping after the paint. I was part of a group buy for some painted headlight eyelids. The paint wasn't dry enough before they wrapped them and the wrapping left impressions in the paint. Thus making the paint job worthless.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Be careful about rushing the shipping after the paint. I was part of a group buy for some painted headlight eyelids. The paint wasn't dry enough before they wrapped them and the wrapping left impressions in the paint. Thus making the paint job worthless.

The painter wont even let me pick them up before they are ready to be handled so no worries there..

Old 11-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

A "one-off" product is worth waiting for...but, and here's the but, hurry up will ya...I want to hear the feed back on this product....lol....OK, J/K....good luck...

Old 11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Good news finally..

Painter just called, they are ready to be picked up. So I will be picking them up first thing monday morning and shipping them out. I will get everyone there shipping number once they are on the way. Thanks again to all for your extended patience!

Old 11-26-2010, 07:00 PM

That is great news, can't wait to see them.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Forum Regular

Hypr, when are u doing the second batch of the primer?

Old 11-28-2010, 01:51 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

I will be starting the second batch as soon as these first ones are shipped.. I already have enough urethane to make about 10 sets. This time I am not going to be taking any money until they are ready to ship. This way there are no problems.

I will also be putting them up on ebay.. but I am pricing them at $200 on ebay and still the same $150+ shipping if you buy through the forum.. So contact me on here if you are wanting a set.

I dont really want to put a deadline on the second batch.. But I know it will be at least 2 or 3 weeks before they are ready. I have a pretty busy schedule coming up. They will definitely be ready to go before christmas though

Old 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned

Good news finally..

Painter just called, they are ready to be picked up. So I will be picking them up first thing monday morning and shipping them out. I will get everyone there shipping number once they are on the way. Thanks again to all for your extended patience!
Did these get sent out to the members that ordered them?

Quick Reply: New fender strakes