Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New fender strakes

Old 11-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: New fender strakes

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I saw it early on and wrote up my thoughts, but since I was not overly optimistic, I was immediately written off
It was you who I was referring to, but I guess you knew that.
Decent pictures of these items may make a difference in the sales, maybe up or down.LOL

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-21-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Never_satisfied

You have some good ideas, I just hope things work out so you can bring them to the Crossfire Community!!!
Don't confuse me with HyprLTh20 (the seller). I'm just a buyer with no good ideas.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
shipping today:

Billvp-black
tnaski- alabaster
89bird- primer
Grumps- black

I will get pics posted a little later so you can all be assured these actually exist. Again I do apologize for all that has occured.
Easy question - Did the 4 sets ship on the 8th? - and if so, what method and do you have tracking numbers?

I also haven't seen you log on, so hopefully your alright and will be able to address my questions in the near future. I have gaps on each side of my car waiting for your product.

Regards,

Grumps

Old 11-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
shipping today:

Billvp-black
tnaski- alabaster
89bird- primer
Grumps- black

I will get pics posted a little later so you can all be assured these actually exist. Again I do apologize for all that has occured.
communication my young friend...communication...I just don't want to see future vendors turned away, but you do have step back, and do one project at a time...listen to Karl, he won't steer you wrong...ignore the procastinators, but do take care of your customers...again...communicate....use the PM to the buyers...they are the ones that count...because they made the purchase, so obviously they like your product...good luck...

Old 11-13-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Wasn't paying attention? That's not a good sign.
100/80 hit it right on the head. He's not logging in but I suspect he visits as unregistered. I suspect the strakes won't pass muster and he is out of our Venture Capital funds. All we've received so far is pictures, promises and apologies. Companies don't survive long on those.

Since he refuses to communicate with us, the only thing to do is file a dispute with Pay Pal. We will probably not see any money, but the chance of him using Pay Pal for future business ventures will be impaired.

I try not to get cynical about this younger generation , but I grew up when a man promised you something, you got it, and with only a handshake.
(if you are a upstanding young individual that your parents are proud of, don't take offense to my comments)

Jordan, you still have a chance to prove me wrong, but it doesn't take a week to get a package from Florida to Pennsylvania, especially when you're behind schedule. Even a YUGO with flat tires could have it here by now.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Bottom line is that communication is everything. If they were shipped on the 8th, then you should have been immediately sent a tracking number that day. The fact that he has not logged in does not bode well. I know that if this was my maiden product launch, I would be here every day, all day, waiting to hear feedback from the receivers of my initial product. Lets face it, his future as a product supplier will be determined by the quality of the initial product, and how he handles the transactions. I was really pulling for you Hyper as you have many ideas that I like to include the strakes, but you have not handled this in a professional manner which I fear will ruin any chance that you will have to move forward with any future products within this community. It is a shame, because people will usually go out of their way to support a young entrepreneur until they have lost confidence in them. All you had to do was to be candid, honest, and communicate consistently. NO EXCUSES! So sad........

Last edited by bmorgan; 11-13-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
communication my young friend...communication...I just don't want to see future vendors turned away, but you do have step back, and do one project at a time...listen to Karl, he won't steer you wrong...ignore the procastinators, but do take care of your customers...again...communicate....use the PM to the buyers...they are the ones that count...because they made the purchase, so obviously they like your product...good luck...

Good points my friend and while I'm a procrastinator, I do so because I'm interested only. I will consider this mod more when/if this person comes through and the customers are taken care of and I get to see it.

Seeing as he/she is a forum super sponsor and has been a member since 2008, I wouldn't think this is a sham, but things happen. Good luck to everybody and I hope to see one of these in the future.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:40 PM

I was able to locate a contact number for Jordon and decided to give him a call to find out where these might stand. Although he had no definite answer it did sound as if he was trying. From what i gathered he has a painter respraying them and the painter likes to drag his feet on things. He has said it is just to much work to paint these with the masking and multiple colors for what he is charging and the next batch if things get that far will be in primer only.

I suggested he send tracking info to the members that he has strakes currently sent out to.

I will be in his area for some work and reassured him if need be I could stop by the shop or even his place to verify these Fender Strakes do exist. I hope things have moved far enough along that I do not need to make a stop for him to prove himself as a vendor.

I am sure he will be posting soon. I hope what he has told me in our conversation is true so I am not passing out false information..........

Old 11-13-2010, 02:00 PM

Did he give any reason for not providing adequate communication on the status in the forum? I do not think that most people are concerned with these being real, as much as they are pissed about the lack of communication. A lot of people are following the progress of this with interest in future purchases from him. His lack of communication does not inspire confidence for others to deal with him.

Last edited by bmorgan; 11-13-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Did he give any reason for not providing adequate communication on the status in the forum? I do not think that most people are concerned with these being real, as much as they are pissed about the lack of communication. A lot of people are following the progress of this with interest in future purchases from him. His lack of communication does not inspire confidence for others to deal with him.
I kept pushing on the fact he needs to communicate.

From what I could gathered he just does not know what to say. So out of site out of mind.
This is not what he said but what I got from the conversation.

I to believe these exist but am not sure of there quality.

In the end I think they are taking way longer than he ever expected and costing more. I think that some of the places he has been dealing with may be dragging there feet on the time lines and cost that they may have original told him.

I suggested he send out tracking to members of the units he shipped and to post something if not anything just to reassure.

Last edited by Never_satisfied; 11-13-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking like u stated Never, that its taking more time to produce these. He gathered all the money up front from everyone and thought he could produce a certain # of these within a reasonable time frame to cover himself. Instead of having these already made up front and putting his own money towards them.

Too many excuses with the box being torn apart and etc. Like u all have stated he needs to communicate with his customers. Plain and simple. I was going to buy a primered one from him, but i'm glad I held off and will wait for u guys to recieve urs and see what the overall product is like. Its a shame I am/was looking forward to these. I have my car in the shop and wanted a pair, but he hasnt gotten back to me for about a week now. Guess I'll have to wait.

Goodluck to the rest of you guys who have paid. The guy does have some good ideas, but needs to take it one step at a time.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think before we start screaming "dan" at this guy we should give him some time to make sure these are looking the way they were supposed to. I know it isn't my priority to come on here daily. I do agree with everyone that he needs to communicate but should he come on here and say nothing has changed they are still at the painters? Will that put anyone at ease? I'm not attacking anyone I guess it's just my .02 cents. I just have seen a couple good people who sell products get chased away because of a few bad business decisions. I believe I'm the only one that received the flat clear side markers from jereme before he was chased away. I got them free because I was patient and understand when life gets in the way. I'm not saying that will happen here of course!

Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
I think before we start screaming "dan" at this guy we should give him some time to make sure these are looking the way they were supposed to. I know it isn't my priority to come on here daily. I do agree with everyone that he needs to communicate but should he come on here and say nothing has changed they are still at the painters? Will that put anyone at ease? I'm not attacking anyone I guess it's just my .02 cents. I just have seen a couple good people who sell products get chased away because of a few bad business decisions. I believe I'm the only one that received the flat clear side markers from Jereme before he was chased away. I got them free because I was patient and understand when life gets in the way. I'm not saying that will happen here of course!

He has already said that he shipped out a few and that the rest went back to the painter so there is no real need for him to say it again.

Sorry I don't know Dan and was not around when that happened.

I don't see waiting longer for these as a problem, But he does need to tell everyone where he is with this. I told him when we spoke he has some good ideas and I hope this all works out for him but if he does not communicate he may not have much of a chance with future products.

Things come up, Yes
But you must let your customers know when they do without any excuses attached.

He sounds like he is trying, I just hope he can give an update to those members that he sent units out to. I think that would help put everyone at ease.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I checked him out on the members list and his last visit said 'N/A', what does that mean?

Old 11-14-2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Never_satisfied
He sounds like he is trying, I just hope he can give an update to those members that he sent units out to. I think that would help put everyone at ease.
I didn't want to be hard on the kid, and I know how hard it is to start a business, but not communicating with the customer is a no no for anyone in business.

Remember, I'm one of the ten people that placed money on this horse and encouraged other "brave souls" to take a chance. I want him to succeed, but hiding from his investors/customers is not the way to a successful business.

I will hold tight for now and wait to see what happens. Again, I want him to succeed, but tell him third party updates just won't work.

Be honest - We will UNDERSTAND !!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Forum Regular

for those on the outside looking in ...

to be fair, every update that's been posted in this thread, or pm that was posted in this thread ... I received those updates and pm's as well (and I assume everyone else who paid for one did)

Old 11-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by billvp
for those on the outside looking in ...

to be fair, every update that's been posted in this thread, or pm that was posted in this thread ... I received those updates and pm's as well (and I assume everyone else who paid for one did)
Bill, if you have received adequate communication as a buyer, that is great. But, as someone on the outside looking in because I am interested in becoming a future customer, I do not like what I am seeing with this. As someone that has ran my own business for over a decade, It is obvious that he is not communicating as of late for some reason. My guess is because the products did not meet his expectations once completed. Time will tell, but whatever the reason..... If you plan on doing business with your customer base being members of a forum, communication is your lifeline. He now knows that people are expecting feedback based on the conversation that Never_Satisfied had with him, yet he has decided to ignore that advice. Should everything turn out fine, I will still consider purchasing from him, but I will definitely be much more wary. Bear in mind that he was on the forum daily until this past week. Good luck to those that are awaiting their product.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:31 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Sorry to seem distant guys.. its been a crazy week for me

tracking numbers were sent to tnaski and 89bird.

billvp and grumps- i noticed scratches which i did not see originally. they were very hard to see over the black paint as they were not very large like the rest. I apologize for getting your hopes up. They were taken back to painter

I have notified a few of you on here.. I will no longer be providing these painted for future batches. the paint is too much of a hassle with no gains on my end. This ordeal would not have happened had I not outsourced for paint. Since I lack the proper skills to paint them myself this is the only option I have. Outsourcing leaves too much room for error as the painter will not share the same priority as I have for these strakes.

As far as I am aware at this point the damaged sets have still not seen new paint.. The only thing I can do to get these out faster is pick them up, strip them down, and prime/prep them myself to ship them out unpainted. If any of you who have ordered painted sets would prefer at this point to just have a primered set please notify me asap. As for the painter- all I can really do is apply pressure. He is now doing these for cost to help me out on the damaged ones but he also has a business to run with other clients.

Please do not be worried about not receiving your set. EVERYONE will receive them! I am not going anywhere!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 PM

HyperLtH20 thank you very much for posting an update.

I am sure the guys with tracking numbers are very happy to see them, I know that I'm happy just seeing you post again.

Like i said when we spoke you have some good ideas and I personally have no problem with the next items I purchase from you coming unpainted.

Once again thanks for the update!!
Remember if you need anything please let me know and I can see what I can do to help...

Old 11-14-2010, 11:58 PM

It's a story Rudy and I know all too well. When you rely on others you might as well throw deadlines out the window. Secondly when you are charging next to nothing for a product that is painted to match you are going to run into everything. Hell people asked why we charged so much for a pillar pod, well walk into a paint shop tell him you need flawless work and them done yesterday, ohh and by the way painter please sand in between coats and wet sand and buff the final product. They laugh and say we have cars with scratched fenders that make us $600+, I'll get to your Little "project" when we have time but it's gonna cost you $200 and I'm not gaurenteeing the work since it's something we don't normally do. Heck we had shops we thought were hurting for cash turn us away. Communication (which should be attended to daily in most vendors cases) aside what do u all expect to hear? No news isnt allways bad news, and custom parts with custom paint should never have a deadline. Especially guys, when you are funding this product and project. Most start up's rely on members, trust, and a little faith to get a product out. You guys knew this going into it. Half of u want to file claims and u really don't understand how much you are getting for how little. Lastly when your making a name for yourself you want a product to be flawless, i have been there. Do i buy the dropped box story not really, but i dont doubt the product wasnt perfect and it was sent back to be resprayed. for what its worth this is a car we all charish and we all want everything we do to it to be free of imperfection, the 6 feet rule doesnt work here..... Perfect Quality isn't free and it may take a few trys when its not in your control. Imagine getting a scratchd strake you all would have flamed the hell out of this poor guy. My two cents; they should have always been offered as primed, paint is impossible to deliver. Keep people in the loop through pm's, always tell the truth, you would be surprised how far a simple I am sorry I need more time (when it's genuine) will go. Members, sit back, relax, let the kid pull through........ You took a chance on seeing a prototype cell phone pic ohhhhhhhh And leave your strakes on untill these show up in the mail. .

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 11-15-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: New fender strakes