Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

NEW Rear Diffusers !!!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Re: NEW Rear Diffusers !!!

Here are the panels. The black is where the strakes would dit into. These are much deeper and are patterned after the ctd diffusors but fit flush instead of having that bend on the end like the ctd.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g?t=1287551775

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g?t=1287552095

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g?t=1287552135

Can anybody fix my post so the pics show?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAYAman
Here are the panels. The black is where the strakes would dit into. These are much deeper and are patterned after the ctd diffusors but fit flush instead of having that bend on the end like the ctd.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g?t=1287551775

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g?t=1287552095

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g?t=1287552135

Can anybody fix my post so the pics show?

I think I will just keep my design for that bottom plate but just thicken it up a bit more. Yours is still a bit thicker than I want, plus it extends back pretty far and I would have to figure out a way to safely mount that. Im not sure that too many guys on here want to drill into there car to mount it which would be necessary. Thanks for the pics though!

Old 10-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

These go as far back as the ctd diffusors, they cover the entire scalloped out tunnel and attach in the same places as the ctd diffusors. You're going to use double sided tape down there only? Hmmm seems the downforce generated would rip them off. I pretty much copied the ctd diffusors and mounts which ctd says does require more than just double sided tape. Be careful.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by MAYAman
These go as far back as the ctd diffusors, they cover the entire scalloped out tunnel and attach in the same places as the ctd diffusors. You're going to use double sided tape down there only? Hmmm seems the downforce generated would rip them off. I pretty much copied the ctd diffusors and mounts which ctd says does require more than just double sided tape. Be careful.
I drove around with my first design for about a week and hit speeds of 90mph often.. never any problems. The 3M acrylic plus tapes have an extremely strong bond. But I will look further into using mounting hardware in non-visible locations

Old 10-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
I drove around with my first design for about a week and hit speeds of 90mph often.. never any problems. The 3M acrylic plus tapes have an extremely strong bond. But I will look further into using mounting hardware in non-visible locations
MAYAman is correct, when you use double sided tape and there is a constant separating force you will find that it will eventually come apart.
These components would appear to be quite heavy due to the material used and should be hollowed out to save weight. How much do they weigh?

Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by onehundred80
MAYAman is correct, when you use double sided tape and there is a constant separating force you will find that it will eventually come apart.
These components would appear to be quite heavy due to the material used and should be hollowed out to save weight. How much do they weigh?
Each side should be less than 2lbs. Urethane is pretty light.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I like the thickness of your original design. The ones offered by MAYAman are tad to thick for my liking.
I really like the sharp edge race inspired design that I think you have been trying to use on your products (Correct me If I'm wrong).

Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep in mind that 90MPH and 150MPH generate very different forces and there are several guys here who hit those kinds of speeds fairly often, it would be hell to lose a 2lb diffuser on the racetrack when there are others behind you coming at 140+

Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Keep in mind that 90MPH and 150MPH generate very different forces and there are several guys here who hit those kinds of speeds fairly often, it would be hell to lose a 2lb diffuser on the racetrack when there are others behind you coming at 140+
I will figure out a way to mount it using hardware..

Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM

What type of 3M double sided tape is best for diffusers? Is it 3M - Super Strong Automotive Attachment Tape, 1/2" x 60" (03609)? There are so many to choose from.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:46 PM

I will figure out a way to mount it using hardware..
Have there been any updates? Is this still available? The link customcrossfire.com is either no longer good or is having connection problems today.

Originally Posted by Grumps
You can always use my cheap design - have extra set on garage floor I can send you. lol .... Just kidding, your design is going to look GREAT!!!!!!
Grumps' diffuser is really nice too, any way to get a hold of one of these?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM

They never materialized, because as well as the diffusers, he was working on a hood, grille, side strakes, etc.

He took money from lots of forum members and promised SLR style side strakes, his delivery left something to be desired as many could not even mount the items to the car the fit was so poor.

I chalk it up to a kid with some decent ideas but did not understand what it takes to create an automotive part from scratch and was in over his head...

Old 03-28-2013, 06:09 PM

And yet another chance for Dave to say I told you so. I brought one of his side strakes to the last Dragon so we all could at least share a laugh.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM

Ouch, I wasn't expecting this

Old 03-29-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
Ouch, I wasn't expecting this
That is why many of us are considered 'Debbie Downers' or people who 'don't want anything new for the platform' because we are realistic about new parts being made, and made well. Dave (180) most of all, but damn if he hasn't been right on nearly everything.

Its not that we don't want new parts, its that we don't want to get ripped off in the process of trying to help someone create one. Here are a just a few of the failed parts people have sworn they could create...
  • Diffusers
  • Side Strakes
  • Side Skirts
  • Headers
  • Turbo kits
Other than a few who do it very well, like needswings, eurocharged or even MikeR, few have what it takes to get a part all the way from talk to an OEM finished piece. The fact that we are all picky does not help

Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

That is why many of us are considered 'Debbie Downers' or people who 'don't want anything new for the platform' because we are realistic about new parts being made, and made well. Dave (180) most of all, but damn if he hasn't been right on nearly everything.

Its not that we don't want new parts, its that we don't want to get ripped off in the process of trying to help someone create one. Here are a just a few of the failed parts people have sworn they could create...
  • Diffusers
  • Side Strakes
  • Side Skirts
  • Headers
  • Turbo kits
Other than a few who do it very well, like needswings, eurocharged or even MikeR, few have what it takes to get a part all the way from talk to an OEM finished piece. The fact that we are all picky does not help
You left out latemodel21 : he makes some really purty pulleys ......

Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

Ill send someone the strakes for shipping cost :P. The part was poor and the paint was even worse. They come in handy for perspective from time to time though. Just take a look at them when you blow some money on something and you'll feel much better :P Top 5 shittiest products I ever received. After these and the BEGI fiasco I won't put money down on anything that doesn't already exist or a sample has been produced.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
You left out latemodel21 : he makes some really purty pulleys ......
There are several good members and vendors, I could not list everyone, since I have never dealt with latemodel or seen his products, I can not speak for them personally, so I didn't...

I do hear all the time they are high quality and he is a good seller, but not having an SRT leaves me out of range of his products I have seen.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

There are several good members and vendors, I could not list everyone, since I have never dealt with latemodel or seen his products, I can not speak for them personally, so I didn't...

I do hear all the time they are high quality and he is a good seller, but not having an SRT leaves me out of range of his products I have seen.
You are more correct than I as I too am SRT6-deprived, and was only judging by pictures and correspondence.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 AM

I hear you and am glad that members exist on this forum that keep it a great honest resource.

I agree with your list 100% too (miss MIkeR), and sport Needwings products. I too would also add LateModel21 and Rudy (transparent through all of his threads and products).

I can vouch for LateModel21 (Chris) I have his product and he is more than willing to help and not push a product to make a quick buck. He even called me back one sunday afternoon to answer a question, great guy, quality product, and excellent service.

Now, where are those extra set of diffusers that Grumps had laying around?

Quick Reply: NEW Rear Diffusers !!!