Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

NEW Rear Diffusers !!!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: NEW Rear Diffusers !!!

What type of plastic are you making these from. I only ask as most RTV plastics are for prototyping parts and dimensional testing and are not designed to be handled very much or to be used for end-user products.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I took the liberty in enlarging one of you photos. I think this angle better shows the shape of the diffuser. You should take a closeup shot from this angle. Looks like you have a winner.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:30 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hcarter
is this a bottom flat piece with 2 standards that go up and contact the stock bumper ? __[]__[]__
lol!

Exactly

Old 07-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Are the original Mopar Crossfire diffusers obsolete?
You can still get them, this is just a different design. In fact someone pasted the other day the lowest price I had seen them $200/pair.

hyprlt, I would take my advice from post #32 and become a vendor if you are going to use the site to conduct business, which you are.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
You can still get them, this is just a different design. In fact someone pasted the other day the lowest price I had seen them $200/pair.

hyprlt, I would take my advice from post #32 and become a vendor if you are going to use the site to conduct business, which you are.
True dat!
I got in all sorts of trouble when I was making the Super Coolers!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

I do intend on becoming a vendor here.. will find some time during the next few days to get it done

Old 07-22-2010, 03:38 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by rcompart
What type of plastic are you making these from. I only ask as most RTV plastics are for prototyping parts and dimensional testing and are not designed to be handled very much or to be used for end-user products.
It is a very strong, hard Urethane resin most commonly used for aircraft and automobile cowling, as well as bowling ball repairs and many other industrial parts. Its solid trust me!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
It is a very strong, hard Urethane resin most commonly used for aircraft and automobile cowling, as well as bowling ball repairs and many other industrial parts. Its solid trust me!
Just making sure. BTW, it's not so much the hardness that you're looking for but rather the structural rigidity. The thing can be hard as a rock but have a rock hit it and take the whole thing out. I know I'm gonna get flammed as being nuts but I'd recommend you do a 3-foot drop test on one at least a dozen times onto asphalt or textured concrete. Can't do it on the smooth stuff as it has the chance to deflect the energy differently. This will give you an idea how much debris it will take. If it cracks right away, it's something for a trailer queen. If the thing bounces back up like nothing happened, awesome, just make sure you recommend people put a flex-adder in the paint.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
Just making sure. BTW, it's not so much the hardness that you're looking for but rather the structural rigidity. The thing can be hard as a rock but have a rock hit it and take the whole thing out. I know I'm gonna get flammed as being nuts but I'd recommend you do a 3-foot drop test on one at least a dozen times onto asphalt or textured concrete. Can't do it on the smooth stuff as it has the chance to deflect the energy differently. This will give you an idea how much debris it will take. If it cracks right away, it's something for a trailer queen. If the thing bounces back up like nothing happened, awesome, just make sure you recommend people put a flex-adder in the paint.
These are words of wisdom... Take it from someone in the service parts industry.

You want to test and see the maximum abuse these can take before deforming, cracking, etc.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
They don't look like Mopar facias. Besides - Mopar units cost around $200 - it would be hard to buy a set, add the additional material, then primer and paint and ship for the same price.. Heck... that would make it a sweet deal..

they appear that way to me. I found mine brand new for $153 shipped this past winter. I was not bashing what he is offering but they appear like the stock diffusers with a flat piece of plastic/metal on the bottom. i guess a side by side photo could show the difference.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
they appear that way to me. I found mine brand new for $153 shipped this past winter. I was not bashing what he is offering but they appear like the stock diffusers with a flat piece of plastic/metal on the bottom. i guess a side by side photo could show the difference.
That's a great deal - I purchased mine exactly a year ago from Hendrick Chrysler for $202 shipped .

The word was that inventory on these puppies was drying up...

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
That's a great deal - I purchased mine exactly a year ago from Hendrick Chrysler for $202 shipped .

The word was that inventory on these puppies was drying up...
i got lucky, i found it on ebay. it was a chrysler dealer and he had it listed a little higher and it did not sell so I pm'd him and offered him that price shipped and he accepted.

they are getting hard to find, i looked for months before i stumbled upon that one.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:39 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

3 new pics of side views on first post

Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ah, cool more new parts! I was starting to get depressed lol

Old 07-23-2010, 11:48 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by psuperti
Ah, cool more new parts! I was starting to get depressed lol
Im just getting started. much more to come. but one thing at a time

Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

So I would like to gauge how many of your are actually interested in these.
Please speak up so I can get a proper estimate

I am thinking of opening a group buy if enough are interested. For every 5 members I will take $20 off the price

This will be a one time deal just to get started. I want members to see my products for themselves and therefore be able to trust in future products, that they will be of great quality and worth every penny.

Once 5 of you are interested I will pay to open the group buy.

So who actually wants one???

Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
New rear diffusers

Taking pre orders NOW!

$200- Includes any color paint
(shipping not included)

Thinking about opening up a group buy.. $20 off for every 5 members who buy
Once 5 of you are interested I will pay to open the group buy. Just let me know you are interested

will be ready to ship out next week!

Let me know if you have any questions

I hate to be Donnie the Downer ....and my instention is not to flame anybody, but what is on this car, looks like 2 formed pieces of wood, held on the top, between the 2 uprights, and across the bottom with formed sheets of metal or plastic, and glued (or screwed) on the car. It appears that even in the last pic, the uprights aren't square. On pics 1,2, and 3, there appears to be the front edge of the top "between" flat piece, sticking slightly out of line. I realize that this could possibly be a proto-type mock up, but closer and better pics should be taken, even from the bottom up. Or if it is a proto mock up, advise us of it. It appears to be on the right track, and could end up as being a nice change for a diffuser design .... but from the way it looks, my Grandson could make something like that in his Shop Class Just my $.02

Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Bring your car to the Fall Dragon Meet for display. You may sell a bunch.

James

Old 07-26-2010, 11:16 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
I hate to be Donnie the Downer ....and my instention is not to flame anybody, but what is on this car, looks like 2 formed pieces of wood, held on the top, between the 2 uprights, and across the bottom with formed sheets of metal or plastic, and glued (or screwed) on the car. It appears that even in the last pic, the uprights aren't square. On pics 1,2, and 3, there appears to be the front edge of the top "between" flat piece, sticking slightly out of line. I realize that this could possibly be a proto-type mock up, but closer and better pics should be taken, even from the bottom up. Or if it is a proto mock up, advise us of it. It appears to be on the right track, and could end up as being a nice change for a diffuser design .... but from the way it looks, my Grandson could make something like that in his Shop Class Just my $.02

These are mock up's, yes. The cost to produce these is ultra high and with out any clue how many of you are honestly interested in buying a set I do not want to waste my time, effort, and money.

The finished product WILL be made as previously specified. Cast from an RTV Urethane plastic. One solid piece. Installed with 3M tape (will be provided).

Materials for the mold are being shipped currently. Once the mold is completed I will be ready to start production.

I am not taking money for these until they are ready to be poured. I just simply need a head count so that materials can be ordered. This stuff isnt cheap so I do not want extra materials to end up sitting around in my garage unused.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Still watching with interest.
Keep 'em honest guy's.

Please forgive the caution but we've been down this road before HyprLtH20.

Quick Reply: NEW Rear Diffusers !!!