Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

NEW Rear Diffusers !!!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: NEW Rear Diffusers !!!

Just dreaming ... how cool would it be if the openings matched the openings of the OEM exhaust tips ...you know, oval shaped.... Still interested ,,,,,

Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New pics posted in first post!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it looks like the OEM difusers with a piece of metal or plastic stuck to the bottom. Is that what they are?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new pics do make me wonder about the cost. I've seen the Mopar Fascia Accents go for $200 nowadays. I guess I would need to see what they look like off the car personally, before I can decide whether to go Mopar part or for these.

Well done to HyprLtH20 on producing such a product and sharing it with us.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Got any pics with them off the car? Also, we all want to see some close up images of these things. 5 feet is NOT a close-up shot. Not trying to get on you but people want to see the stuff you're making up close and personal. I know for a fact I could take a sheet of tin-foil and make our car look like it has chrome door handles from 5 feet but it's the real close up shots that show the definition. Aside from that, keep your brain juiced cuz you sound like you're making a lot of stuff.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I LOVE the fact that someone else is taking initiative and making things for our XF, but with other members that have very similar products and are trusted vendors, I would recommend at least becoming a vendor yourself

Last edited by BoilerUpXFire; 07-22-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
it looks like the OEM difusers with a piece of metal or plastic stuck to the bottom. Is that what they are?
They don't look like Mopar facias. Besides - Mopar units cost around $200 - it would be hard to buy a set, add the additional material, then primer and paint and ship for the same price.. Heck... that would make it a sweet deal..

Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
it would be hard to buy a set, add the additional material, then primer and paint and ship for the same price.. Heck... that would make it a sweet deal..

I think that is the point, he has the mopar diffusers, and those are not included, what he is selling is the piece that is below, like P-man said.

If I am reading correctly.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I think that is the point, he has the mopar diffusers, and those are not included, what he is selling is the piece that is below, like P-man said.

I'd have to disagree. Look at the picture and tell me that looks like the mopar diffuser. I'm thinking the two vertical pieces attach directly to the rear bumper cover and are not connected to each other at the top whatsoever. High-res close ups would clear this up in a second.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I see.

But even the "diffuser" without the bottom piece, doesn't look to me like the Mopar diffuser...but...

The OP can clarify - but they do look pretty cool..

Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He said it is not a mopar difuser it's different one pc and to me it looks diffrent the fins look longer ....IMO
But it does need to be a close up picture off the car,,,

Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM

Rudy and Brian, looks like you were correct, a different design, just very similar. This is something that even hi res pics would be hard to tell the quality. I would need to see and feel to know what I am getting...

Old 07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Rudy and Brian, looks like you were correct, a different design, just very similar. This is something that even hi res pics would be hard to tell the quality. I would need to see and feel to know what I am getting...
If that's the case, I would want to attach them with panel adhesive, then paint them.

I didn't like the way the Mopar diffusers attached to the bumper, thats why I permantly bonded mine with panel adhesive, then filled in and formed the seams around the bumper to make it look "one piece".

I've also have figured out how to blend in paint and clear coat... maybe I can get just the bottom piece?...

Last edited by BrianBrave; 07-22-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
No.. these are "like" the mopar diffusers but are NOT them or made from them in any way.

I just used the mopar diffusers as inspiration and i do believe i have seen a photoshop version done by a forum member a few years ago that looked just like the ones i made. I liked them and wanted them on my car.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

NO... this is one solid piece. Cast in RTV plastic. The bottom plate does not come off it is all one part. It attaches with 3M adhesive on the top of both "diffuser fins", under the bumper panel next to the exhaust tips and on the outer part of the bumper behind the wheels

what you will receive is a flat "plate" with two "diffuser fins" sticking up off of it. ONE SOLID PIECE

I wish i would have taken pics of it before I installed. I am waiting on supplies to start producing more and will have pics up ASAP of it off of the car.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:37 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by hcarter
He said it is not a mopar difuser it's different one pc and to me it looks diffrent the fins look longer ....IMO
Correct, They are a bit longer than the mopar diffusers to allow the bottom plate to stretch straight across to each side without bending up to reach the diffuser fins and bending back down to meet the bumper again

Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HyprLtH20
NO... this is one solid piece. Cast in RTV plastic. The bottom plate does not come off it is all one part. It attaches with 3M adhesive on the top of both "diffuser fins", under the bumper panel next to the exhaust tips and on the outer part of the bumper behind the wheels

what you will receive is a flat "plate" with two "diffuser fins" sticking up off of it. ONE SOLID PIECE

I wish i would have taken pics of it before I installed. I am waiting on supplies to start producing more and will have pics up ASAP of it off of the car.
Yeah I'd say it's worth it for you to order more supplies, even if they are expensive. Because if the fit/finish is up to par, you'll have NO problem selling these at all.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I've also have figured out how to blend in paint and clear coat... maybe I can get just the bottom piece?...
Sorry... thats something that you will have to work on yourself.. The bottom plate on mine does not come off. plus the mopar diffusers would not be long enough to reach the plate anyways.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

is this a bottom flat piece with 2 standards that go up and contact the stock bumper ? __[]__[]__

Old 07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Are the original Mopar Crossfire diffusers obsolete?

Quick Reply: NEW Rear Diffusers !!!