Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood PRE ORDER

Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIS Carbon Fiber Hood PRE ORDER

Yes you read this right. I just finalized with VIS Racing, the leading carbon fiber hood company in the world. A 20 unit pre-order must be made to have this actually done. I have committed myself to the purchase of one! So I need 19 more commitments. Here's the price and details.

Style (Direct OEM Fitment) Will bolt up directly exactly as the stock does and be completely carbon fiber with the OEM skeleton.

Price: $625 per unit plus 174 for shipping freight anywhere in the 48 United States. (799)

Turn around time: once order is full and everyone is paid for. (4-6 weeks)

PM me to get on the list. I'm not asking for money until I get 19 more committed people.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: VIS Carbon Fiber Hood PRE ORDER

Is this the same design as the OEM hood, or has there been any styling changes? Forgive my ignorance, but what does "completely carbon fiber with the OEM skeleton" mean?

Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 PM

I think you need to come up with some pictures of an actual product before you'll get anybody to just jump on this.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:49 PM

OEM design. Looks just like a factory hood, except its carbon fiber. The "OEM skeleton" means they will use the framing from an original hood from the factory and instead of the rest of the hood being metal it will be carbon fiber.

And to make sure everyone understands this is an official (GREEN LIGHT) from VIS RACING... Green light meaning ORDER ORDER ORDER!!!!

Can you guys tell I'm excited about this????

Old 04-05-2010, 06:53 PM

Picture? What is there to get a picture of? Its an original hood in carbon fiber, not metal. They won't build it unless the get them ordered. If you want to know what carbon fiber will look like, just google and civic with a carbon fiber hood... all carbon fiber looks the same.

These will be guaranteed from VIS Racing not to fade like cheap ebay hood do. And remember that when you get a VIS hood it will have a "VIS" manufactured plate on the bottom side of it built into the hood.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM

Thanks for the reply to my questions. I can appreciate your excitement, and I would love a CF hood for my car, but not at the expense of having the same design. I realize that some people will appreciate the weight savings of the CF, but my interest is more in having a hood that does not have the boat deck strakes, and offers a cowl and or vents. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck with the GB.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Thanks for the reply to my questions. I can appreciate your excitement, and I would love a CF hood for my car, but not at the expense of having the same design. I realize that some people will appreciate the weight savings of the CF, but my interest is more in having a hood that does not have the boat deck strakes, and offers a cowl and or vents. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck with the GB.
unfortunately, I have to agree....I like the amg design hood myself....good luck

Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Smile Re: VIS Carbon Fiber Hood PRE ORDER

I agree, a cf replacement hood would need vents are a cowl , to allow heat to escape from engine! I do like the factory hood Danny

Old 04-05-2010, 08:35 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The name Cliff makes me nervous....

Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: VIS Carbon Fiber Hood PRE ORDER

Sorry but I dont get it, no pictures, no weight benefits announced, and no cooling benefits????????

Why? My factory hood has cooling and no cost to me except for the non reflective paint compound and some quiet times with the car in the garage.

Something seems funny.

Woody

And I believe that carbon fiber is so RICER unless it has some real benefits, not noted above????

Old 04-05-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by CrossfireCliff
Picture? What is there to get a picture of? Its an original hood in carbon fiber, not metal. They won't build it unless the get them ordered. If you want to know what carbon fiber will look like, just google and civic with a carbon fiber hood... all carbon fiber looks the same.

These will be guaranteed from VIS Racing not to fade like cheap ebay hood do. And remember that when you get a VIS hood it will have a "VIS" manufactured plate on the bottom side of it built into the hood.
My apologies, I guess I didn't quite get that; I was thinking about the other CF effort going on.

Regardless, I'm with the others on this, sounds like a great idea for those more into the racing. Personally, I would much rather see a modified design of some sort than a replica of the original.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Erzer
My apologies, I guess I didn't quite get that; I was thinking about the other CF effort going on.

Regardless, I'm with the others on this, sounds like a great idea for those more into the racing. Personally, I would much rather see a modified design of some sort than a replica of the original.
I think that racers would expect a modification to the OEM design to facilitate heat dissipation as well.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm with the rest of the guys on all issues.
Just doesn't feel right, so far.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waldig
And I believe that carbon fiber is so RICER unless it has some real benefits, not noted above????
had to comment. IMO, "ricer" is a state of mind and can be had by anyone no matter what car you drive. The weight saving you can see could be very beneficial.

A buddy's BMW went from a 35lb hood to a 7lb hood with CF. That is a good deal of weight savings.

Though I def agree there needs to be some sort of modification to the hood.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

Good Luck, but you know I'm out because of the Hood I will complete in the next week! By the way I hope this does not hurt the 20 units I will need to get for a bulk buy!

Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
Good Luck, but you know I'm out because of the Hood I will complete in the next week! By the way I hope this does not hurt the 20 units I will need to get for a bulk buy!
I don't think you will have to worry. This will be a MISFIRE.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM

I actually like the strakes on the OEM hood....JMO and would love to see one in CF buuuuuuttt a no go for me. I am effy about CF on the SSB.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
I think that you are safe. Gotta go look for your thread again.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So... A few people... for around $800 each... there would be a VIS, OEM style hood availiable to everyone for the crossfire.

Paying the price for a hood from the dealer, then getting it painted to match the car, thats IF the dealer could even get a hood. It would be a great thing to have an aftermarket hood availiable for the crossfire from a reputable company.

Who knows when you might need one. It would only take one small incident to make anyone need a new hood.

If there is no issue with a person from Canada being in on this for the greater good of the availible parts I am in (and I am not even going to use it)

Last edited by Beaner; 04-06-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

waiting on the sidelines, other CF ventures to watch as well

Quick Reply: VIS Carbon Fiber Hood PRE ORDER