Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
And here I was ready to tell him go ahead and get in the "last word" and have a nice evening..

I've stooped low enough for today..

Sorry Rudy.. just didn't see where go ahead and buy 10 if you "want it now" was going to be offensive.. It's fact.
Therein lies the problem. Your suggestion was implausible and meant to be a slight---hence, offensive. I would have expected someone of your "Senior" status to provide more insight and guidance to a fellow forum member. But that's right, you believe this is your forum---or, new members such as myself are not worthy. Like you said, people like me ought to go and find our own forum!!

You are correct, you did stoop quite low and I in turn did as well, purposely so. I am not going to permit people like you to take slights and digs no matter how cleverly you try to disguise them. Let's not play dumb now, you know what you meant by your initial comment and there is nothing that will convince me that you were not intending to be offensive.

No matter how crazy or idiotic you believed my efforts were in trying to rejuvenate an interest in the CF Hood, that was my election and prerogative. If you had no interest or desire all you had to do was move on and no offense would have been taken. By the way, there were at least three other forum members who over the last three weeks have counseled with me telephonically in how could we resurrect the CF hood and so this was not an exercise in futility. And for you to come on here and attack me for supposedly not reading the thread, and for proceeding on a futile course is offensive. Even if this is what i was doing I do not need to hear it from you, because who are you. And I do not need to do a SEARCH, as you suggest, to realize that you are nobody as it relates to my interests and concerns.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Since you obviously failed to recongnize it. Several people want the hood, but failed to pony up when the offer to manufacture again was made. Good luck getting your hood.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Since you obviously failed to recongnize it. Several people want the hood, but failed to pony up when the offer to manufacture again was made. Good luck getting your hood.
Why would you think I did not know that. I read the entire thread and was very much aware of the earlier problems. Had you addressed the matter with me as you did in the above, intelligently with no hidden slights, I could have shared with you some of the steps that I and some of the other forum members were taking to try to avoid this same mistake or pitfall. Matters that me and three other forum members had been talking about telephonically

I am a reasonable person. It just tremendously bothers me the lack of consideration people give to one another when they are behind a keyboard and not face to face. I am sorry, I am truly bothered by how this got so out of hand when all I was trying to do was get a hood, no matter how futile and ridiculous to others it may seem.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM

All I did was make the observation from the start of the "new run" of how many people were begging for another round and then fell quiet when the offer was made. When no one signs up and 10 minimum are required, the writing is all over the wall.

There are not .. repeat.. NOT 10 people willing to pony up the cash now, or in the last few months. You claim to have followed this thread as a "guest". Is it not obvious to you that "make it happen now" is not happening?

"I WANT MY TURBO NOW".. If you have kept up with the forum should ring a bell.. and surely you know the results of that. Basically are you posting just to see yourself in print or willing to pay the price to "have it now" or "make it happen" or any other shout. So you get 5 members to commit on the phone.. GREAT.. your still 5 short unless you each are shelling out for two. THE LIST says it all.

It's not like "per the list" your only 2-3 people short.. then I could see "come on guys.. I want it now"... this production run is still ground ZERO..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-11-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM

All I did was make the observation from the start of the "new run" of how many people were begging for another round and then fell quiet when the offer was made. When no one signs up and 10 minimum are required, the writing is all over the wall.

There are not .. repeat.. NOT 10 people willing to pony up the cash now, or in the last few months. You claim to have followed this thread as a "guest". Is it not obvious to you that "make it happen now" is not happening?

"I WANT MY TURBO NOW".. If you have kept up with the forum should ring a bell.. and surely you know the results of that. Basically are you posting just to see yourself in print or willing to pay the price to "have it now" or "make it happen" or any other shout. So you get 5 members to commit on the phone.. GREAT.. your still 5 short unless you each are shelling out for two. THE LIST says it all.

It's not like "per the list" your only 2-3 people short.. then I could see "come on guys.. I want it now"... this production run is still ground ZERO..

Sir:

Had you expressed yourself in the above manner in your first reply to ME and I mean ME, I would have gladly accepted your reasoning because you and I both know the facts are on your side. It is obvious the above points that you make, which is borne out by the myriads of posts in this thread, the hood thing is not happening. I know it but it does not stop me from trying. I want to emphasize that the points you raise in the above are correct and inarguable.

It was how you addressed me and approached me that i took offense to. Had you instructed and guided me from the start as you did in the above, I would have tremendously welcomed your cautions and placed my enthusiasms in check.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 PM

"Basically are you posting just to see yourself in print or willing to pay the price to "have it now" or "make it happen" or any other shout. So you get 5 members to commit on the phone.. GREAT.. your still 5 short unless you each are shelling out for two. THE LIST says it all."

On second thought, who are you to judge or speak to whether I am simply trying to see myself in print. Who on this forum makes you the judge of peoples efforts or intent. What business is this of yours if I got five or 0 people committing to the hood. If you are not interested, as you say you are not then why are you sticking your two cents in. MOVE ON. If I am engaged in an exercise of futility so be it and I do not need you to chime in on it.

Man you are really full of yourself and you must truly believe this forum belongs to you!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 PM

Take your meds.. we can DISCUSS tomorrow..

Old 02-11-2013, 11:12 PM

Take your meds.. we can DISCUSS tomorrow..
No, your the one with the meds ---AIDS, remember!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM

Hey mad05 I tried to write u a private message but I'm new and guess to stupid to figure it out. But u want on the list. I proffer not give u the 50% till you have the other people signed up. But I'm in.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Just as future reference... if you click on the user name a drop down box appears that you can select "private message" from.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Forum Regular

jesus miata, williams , please... chill out , my email was going nuts with your stupid reponses to each other! how many are actually in? 900 is soo step for a hood... im hesitant

Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dcrossfireel
Hey mad05 I tried to write u a private message but I'm new and guess to stupid to figure it out. But u want on the list. I proffer not give u the 50% till you have the other people signed up. But I'm in.
I agree.

So lets talk when a list of ten is complete.

Thx!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by falshami
jesus miata, williams , please... chill out , my email was going nuts with your stupid reponses to each other! how many are actually in? 900 is soo step for a hood... im hesitant
Are you always this late to the party?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM

Where were you guys when Med had all those hoods made...LHD got stuck with a bunch....a d they were nice quality.....when it comes time to put the pedal to the metal, most people are just talkers!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by gehoben
Where were you guys when Med had all those hoods made...LHD got stuck with a bunch....a d they were nice quality.....when it comes time to put the pedal to the metal, most people are just talkers!
+1 ^^^^^

He swore off another run after that. Then the I want a hood starting rolling in. Enough he started giving it thought and along with suggestions made the offer to provide again. Seems group buys are more a pain in the butt than anything.. Turbo experience for a real good example. It's drug out so long they can keep my $200 to pay forclosure att. if they really need it. Even if they posted "finished" I'd be real surprised if half the original participants still had the money set aside for it.

Just saying guys this may take a while to get off the ground. And even when the list is filled peoples situations may be totally different and #3 and #6 cant do it so need two more.. Just expect it.. and expect a wait.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got what I think was the last vented hood in the first run. I paid much more than this for my hood. I think I paid more than anybody else for the hood. I didn't regret it then and I don't regret it now. Every I look down at it I smile. I'm sure glad I didn't gamble on a second run.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got what I think was the last vented hood in the first run. I paid much more than this for my hood. I think I paid more than anybody else for the hood. I didn't regret it then and I don't regret it now. Every time I look down at it I smile. I'm sure glad I didn't gamble on a second run. Good luck.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Forum Regular

Are you always this late to the party?
why yes. yes i am ... i ignore my email... alot... when i can at least... which is no more thant 3 hours at a time

Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gehoben
I was not on the list, Med called me and I purchased one when other backed out

I think I did my part and have a great hood to boot...

Old 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM

I payed well over 900$ as well as part of the first group. I love my hood too. I would have jumped at the chance to buy it for this price.

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status