Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 10-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Originally Posted by FUBU
Ok. I'll go on a tune muscle diet and also throw out passenger seat. Then I am at the same weight. Anyone think a n/a cf wing could be made?
I gotta say man, I really love your optimism. We are basically saying there is no way you are going to get a CF hood and you are not only asking for a special one, but also a wing?

We said you wouldn't have a white SRT6 and you proved us wrong, so I will just watch and see

Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FUBU
Ok. I'll go on a tune muscle diet and also throw out passenger seat. Then I am at the same weight. Anyone think a n/a cf wing could be made?
I have been doing some reading and research on this. I would like to create a cf spoiler that has an extra bit of height at the back like the startech add on but all 1pc. I was going to buy JHMs old white one but it was sold before I could snag it. Once I find another one for the right price I will start sculpting the add on piece and see what I can come up with with a ghetto vacume bag setup. Weight savings would be marginal but I think it would be a good look.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I would absolutely love a CF SRT wing.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Airscape
I have been doing some reading and research on this. I would like to create a cf spoiler that has an extra bit of height at the back like the startech add on but all 1pc. I was going to buy JHMs old white one but it was sold before I could snag it. Once I find another one for the right price I will start sculpting the add on piece and see what I can come up with with a ghetto vacume bag setup. Weight savings would be marginal but I think it would be a good look.
I may be able to lend you mine while the car is I'm storage...

Old 10-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I gotta say man, I really love your optimism. We are basically saying there is no way you are going to get a CF hood and you are not only asking for a special one, but also a wing?

We said you wouldn't have a white SRT6 and you proved us wrong, so I will just watch and see
I have the right connections So we shall see what happens
Many special "non before done" mods are happening at the moment. A Scandinavian get-together will sure be interesting when revealing it all. Silverarrow, what do you think?

Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any of these left? Or the ability to get another?

Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rayth
I may be able to lend you mine while the car is I'm storage...
Appreciate the offer but me not knowing anything I am probably looking at a BEGI timeline for completion, if I can pull it off Will make a thread once I am on the hunt though.

Thanks again!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Airscape
Appreciate the offer but me not knowing anything I am probably looking at a BEGI timeline for completion, if I can pull it off Will make a thread once I am on the hunt though.

Thanks again!
haha I love that the BEGI turbo project is now a measure (or lack) of time! I've watched some youtube fiberglass and CF instructional videos but I don't know that I have the time or skill myself

Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Forum Regular

so is that a no? lol no more carbon fiber hoods?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by falshami
so is that a no? lol no more carbon fiber hoods?
Interest sign up sheet post #1005. Looks like making sure you want one with the $500 deposit has quieted the "I want one"... But after his last round I don't see where he could think of doing it any other way.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I still want one! But I'm almost positive it wouldn't arrive in usable condition to P.R., based on previous shipping fiascos. But that doesn't stop me from wanting one.

Les

Old 10-23-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I still want one! But I'm almost positive it wouldn't arrive in usable condition to P.R., based on previous shipping fiascos. But that doesn't stop me from wanting one.

Les

Maybe someone could get two from him and they could ship you one? Not sure on what companies do good freight but Im sure one could be found.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Maybe someone could get two from him and they could ship you one? Not sure on what companies do good freight but Im sure one could be found.
Med tried several different companies, but with a CARDBOARD box this large, and this fragile, it is nearly impossible. I believe if they were packaged better, like in a crate, it could be done, but that just increases the cost more. It cost me $300, that is >30% the cost of the hood, to get it halfway across the country, on the same truck, and the box had a huge hole in it and the hood needed to be wet sanded and recleared.

This is the last time I will butt in, because apparently people do not like the reality of the situation, as is evidenced by the fact that many say, "I want one/I would buy one today" and when it is time to pay, all I hear are crickets chirping...

Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM

Med tried several different companies, but with a CARDBOARD box this large, and this fragile, it is nearly impossible. I believe if they were packaged better, like in a crate, it could be done, but that just increases the cost more. It cost me $300, that is >30% the cost of the hood, to get it halfway across the country, on the same truck, and the box had a huge hole in it and the hood needed to be wet sanded and recleared.

This is the last time I will butt in, because apparently people do not like the reality of the situation, as is evidenced by the fact that many say, "I want one/I would buy one today" and when it is time to pay, all I hear are crickets chirping...
A cardboard box that size is just asking for trouble, but I completely understand not going to crate lol. Im assuming there was bubble wrap? Maybe more? Idk, but I agree with your last statement. If people are interested enough to try and revive this for another round then they need to get with the program and stop waisting Med's time.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Forum Regular

how do we stop wasting the time? if i could get photos that would be great , forgive me for not reading 50 pages of thread , b ut i am interested, if i think it matches my cars current paint well , why not , 20lbs of weight savings is 20lbs of weight savings ! id love to lighten her up a bit! what is the cost though?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:36 AM

how do we stop wasting the time? if i could get photos that would be great , forgive me for not reading 50 pages of thread , b ut i am interested, if i think it matches my cars current paint well , why not , 20lbs of weight savings is 20lbs of weight savings ! id love to lighten her up a bit! what is the cost though?
I can't blame you for not wanting to read the 25+ pages of the thread, but the info you requested is on THIS page, linked below. If you want pictures, look back through the thread or search. You are going to at least have to put forth some semblance of effort if you really want the hood.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post702874

Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

how do we stop wasting the time?
Order 10 and become a distributor ... ??

Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I can't blame you for not wanting to read the 25+ pages of the thread, but the info you requested is on THIS page, linked below. If you want pictures, look back through the thread or search. You are going to at least have to put forth some semblance of effort if you really want the hood.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post702874
You forget he's 21 and the motto of that age group is "I want it and I want it NOW."

Lots of people wanted a CF hood but the list is still devoid of any names, let alone deposits being paid. As they say '$hit or get off the pot.'

Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For $80. you could install one of these, and save 30#(+-).
Shuriken SK BT20 SKBT20 850 Amp 12 Volt AGM Power Cell Car Battery | eBay

Old 10-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Forum Regular

beleive it or not , im a very patient guy , i waited for 4years , to get this car, i have built everything ive done myself so far really , with minimal help , im just trying to figure out what we can do ya know? and i like to think im a tad bit more mature than most kids my age :/ is that battery really 30 pounds lighter than our stock???! holy cow ! i completly forgot the battery, plus the hood , and its a total of 50 pounds in weight savings for virtually not much of a trade off, im not stripping the vehicle , what i didnt catch was , do they paint it for you in a color of your choice?

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status