Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Originally Posted by cmac
I just put mine on today. Needs a little more adjustment but it looks awesome. Mine was a bit tight sliding over the hinges but that is a small issue I'll post pics shortly. Haven't. Got the wing put on yet either

Install one bolt at a time left hing, right hing, left hing...... (as one would do on a tire)

Start with the bottom bolts 1st on both sides.

Rear:

Once installed, if you still need the hood to be a little lower in the rear, you can also remove the 2cm nub on the top of each latch. Keep all the bolt lose till you get the best fit in the rear and front.

Front:

Lower the front hood stoppers, and use the hood latch adjustment slots to get best fit.

As far as the CF wing.... 3M Is your best friend!

Call me if you have any questions.

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-26-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I didn't read through all the posts, and glad I didn't read the crap as well, but I just wanted to congratulate you on this project. I liked the hood when I saw it in person in St. Louis. Hopefully, you will have another group buy in the future once you rest from this one, lol. Love the hood, love the fact you delivered what you promised, and I know all those who purchased will love their's as well. Good job young man...

Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 AM

Med, i understand the installation process . I was trying to say that the hood was too narrow in between the mounting points making it too tight on the hinges. its one of the things to expect when buying a product like this. I'll just sand the hinges a little bit and it'll fit just right. I was going to detail the process with photos but it's literally six bolts to remove and then the opposite. Great product, extremely happy to made the purchase, to each their own.

Message - CrossfireForum.org Gallery

Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

cmac, the hood looks great on your car. I was just wondering if the hood spacing on the right side (passenger side) is a little more than on the left?

Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 AM

It is just slightly. It actually fits pretty well as is but as I stated before I need to take some of the hinges off so I can actually wiggle it and align it perfect. All carbon hoods and aftermarket body panels in general need a little love to fit just perfect. I'll take another picture today along with more angles after I get to grinding the hinges.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

take your time on the back. Any small adjustment in the rear will make the overall fit better, so keep them lose till you get the best fit...

Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mad,
I am with Doc on this.... GREAT job on the hood.... if I hadnt got laid off I would have bought one... hopefully things will work out later and I can get one if you do another batch.....

Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
1. B. Tracy: ImportLabSRT

2. Rudy: rcompart

3. T. Klawinski: Tnaski

4. C. McClenathan: Cmac

5. V. Demers: Never_Satisfied

6. D. Neal: Stlsrt6

7. C. O'Keefe: OKeefe1961 (02/24/2011) 2/28 (Customs Paper work required)

. P. Pires: bowlman169 (02/24/2011) 158010355 (UPS Freight)

9. J. M Schultz: McHammer (02/24/2011) 158010366 (UPS Freight)

10. C. Garcia: airborne82nddiv2003 (02/24/2011) 158010344 (UPS Freight)

The pick up for everyone is scheduled for today between 4-6pm. I should have tracking number by close of business today.

Thanks,

Med

UPS NEEDS You Guys PHONE NUMBERS....

I asked a long time ago. PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME ASAP...................

7. C. O'Keefe: OKeefe1961 (02/24/2011) 2/28 (Customs Paper work required)

10. C. Garcia: airborne82nddiv2003 (02/24/2011) 158010344 (UPS Freight)

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 03-01-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:08 PM

I wouldnt mind geting in on a second round

Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Hot Hot Hot StlSrt6

I don't know about that!

"A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush"

Let me know before they hit ebay....

Old 03-03-2011, 01:01 AM

My hood came in today and it blew my mind seeing it in person. The vents look sick, the carbon fiber weave is wicked, and the finished product is a beast! Hurry up spring I've got a hood to install!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by McHammer
My hood came in today and it blew my mind seeing it in person. The vents look sick, the carbon fiber weave is wicked, and the finished product is a beast! Hurry up spring I've got a hood to install! I used the oem one as well and works fine. Btw. I installed mine yesterday and It went on with out a problem and it is awesome. Hell my mom thought it looked "tasteful". If only you guys knew my mom.

Have to give another Hells Yea to Med for this hood it is the best.
Originally Posted by Never_satisfied
Thanks to Med, Paul, Rudy and Vince's Brother we where able to get his hood late last night, No where as late as Med and his father have been out but late The hoods were loaded up and brought by Vince's location where he wheeled himself out to see, Making this one of the best days for him in along time!!
I can not thank you guys enough for this!! The hoods are of very high quality and packaged very well exceeding are expectations by a mile... Med has done an exceptional job on this endeavor!! Some pictures his brother took when they were unloaded
Originally Posted by [B
Tnaski[/b]]Originally Posted by Tnaski
I got mine an hour ago and I just stood there and wiped the water from my eyes. I can say without a doubt this is just spectacular. I am at a loss for words, it's beautiful. Med you out did yourself, Thank you you have restored my faith in group buys. I really don't want to paint part of the hood it's too nice ,but on an alabaster car may look a little too much. I am going to pre fit it on Saturday then pull it back off for painting and vent modification. Has anyone figured out how to prop it up yet? I am open for suggestions.
Originally Posted by cmac
Med just got my hood today. Let's just say I'm thuroughly pleased with my purchase. Anyone on the fence should really jump on these spares before they all selll out. The thing looks absolutely tremendous!

Thanks McHammer

Take your time on the install follow the instructions. BTW UPS really went to town on Pedro P's hood. We working on a claim ticket right now. Once I get the insurance payout for the value of the hood, I'll ship him another out by FedEx!!!

So your lucky!!!!!!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 03-22-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:38 PM

I almost had a similar experience. My box was hit. But I looked pretty good and luckily no damage. I mean this ups dude came straight from deliverance

Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Mine wasn't so lucky actually saw ups dude dragging my box saw some damage on corner of box looked at that part looked ok until I got it home and we unwrapped the whole thing. The wood that was on there to protect the hinge area was broke and the force of that impact about 14 inch area to separatetop from bottom. Med has been great working with me to get ups going.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bowlman169
Mine wasn't so lucky actually saw ups dude dragging my box saw some damage on corner of box looked at that part looked ok until I got it home and we unwrapped the whole thing. The wood that was on there to protect the hinge area was broke and the force of that impact about 14 inch area to separatetop from bottom. Med has been great working with me to get ups going.
My observation over the years has been that anything large, and or, heavy; they get pissed at! Like it's not their job to deal with such a big package. Like... get someone else to deliver this damn thing! WTF!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 PM

I hope to have some pictures posted up this weekend!!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by JimmySkullz
I hope to have some pictures posted up this weekend!!
Jimmy, we want to see pics of a WHITE hood.... not CF...

Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Jimmy, we want to see pics of a WHITE hood.... not CF...
I'm gonna put it on my SSB SRT. I am going to do some custom paint work on it soon. I'm going to add some of the body color to it. maybe just the cowl section.. just fitting it first.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM

okay, then we want to see an SSB hood.... these hoods should look terrific... can't wait to see pics of them on all the cars....

wish I had one in Aero Blue........

Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM

I am really upset i have been deployed to afghanistan and have not had a chance to see this post prior to the end of the first group buy.....By chance is there any way one of those damaged hoods is still floating around...i would be willing to purchase one since i am going ot be painting most of it anyways....I am actually really upset....I would love to have one of these hoods....if anyone knows about the damaged hoods please pm me...thanks

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status