Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 02-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hot Hot Hot StlSrt6

All you have to do is click on the picture after you get into his album...The ZOOM is out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW STLSRT6 has a Mosquito stuck in the air vent...

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-24-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Hot Hot Hot StlSrt6

Originally Posted by stlsrt6
At first it was a crappy camera, no detail and the pics really suck. Which you and I both know isn't reality.

Now its take it out in the sunlight.

You confessed you know nothing about photography yet you have a very negative and strongly worded opinion on something you aren't even considering.

You didn't get the point last time so please.....move along.

Just to be nice - the point - Multiple angles of the hood with multiple light angles.

You know that carbon fiber changes its look depending on the angle of the light source right?

Using the sun as the light source kinda makes changing the angle impossible.

You would not be able to see the detail in the carbon fiber weave as well either. As the hood would mostly appear graphite.

And if all you wanted were some shots in the sun why not say that the first time?
Obviously you missed that I actually said daylight not sunlight. The word sun does not appear in my posts. Flashes and multiple flashes are hard to control and need reflectors etc. Floods, reflectors, diffusers and the use of flash to highlight or fill in areas gives a better controlled session.
If you have it outside take the photos when the sun is lower, an overcast sky and a flash fill in would be fine. Turn the car for the best lighting, it's got wheels. Closeups would show fit and finish details.
A few minutes on the computer with a basic program could work wonders with these shots.
I never said I know nothing about photography, I said I'm not a real whiz. Just an amateur who knows a bit about it and a good picture when I see it thats all.
My darkroom equipment lies untouched for years now and the film cameras sit in boxes untouched since I got my first digital camera and computer program.
You would get real mad when a judge rips your prize print apart to your face at a show, you have to suck it up and keep going.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Don't let the forum's grinch get to you. The photos look great. But some daylight photos would show that carbon fiber even better.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Beautiful job well done on this hood and congratulations. I really don't want to take anything away from this great hood and the following is just a heads up to all the new owners of this hood...... When you come to a stop you'll be sucking in hot air from the engine compartment. Fix any and all oil or exhaust leaks no matter how minor (like those pesky breather cover leaks). IMHO, I would turn off the cabin vent blower when coming to a stop because your no longer sucking the clean moving outside air. Cabin air from the vents is being sucked from directly behind the raised rear hood vent is it not? I mentioned this earlier in this thread but was poo pooed. With a perfect, no odor engine compartment I guess this wouldn't be an issue, but I'm bracing myself to be flamed here, so fire away. Bob

Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Beautiful job well done on this hood and congratulations. I really don't want to take anything away from this great hood and the following is just a heads up to all the new owners of this hood...... When you come to a stop you'll be sucking in hot air from the engine compartment. Fix any and all oil or exhaust leaks no matter how minor (like those pesky breather cover leaks). IMHO, I would turn off the cabin vent blower when coming to a stop because your no longer sucking the clean moving outside air. Cabin air from the vents is being sucked from directly behind the raised rear hood vent is it not? I mentioned this earlier in this thread but was poo pooed. With a perfect, no odor engine compartment I guess this wouldn't be an issue, but I'm bracing myself to be flamed here, so fire away. Bob
Not true. Its raised and solid in the lower area based on the OEM design. The Hood was made using two skins; Bottom half = OEM spec, while the top is aftermarket. As a result, allowing OEM fit and seal. I've been driving with two different vented hoods for over a year now, and never ever had an issue. When I stop.... I'm breathing clean air, and I can see the heat exiting the engine bay with my temp gauge very happy.

Please Stop with this negative crap. I'm so tired of it.

"If you really don't want to take anything away" THEN DON'T

Enough is Enough. We are really good at running people and talent away. If this keeps up on this thread; I'm going to have it locked, that way to each their own.

Thanks,

MAD MED

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-24-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
Please Stop with this negative crap. I'm so tired of it.

"If you really don't want to take anything away" THEN DON'T

Enough is Enough

Thanks,

MAD MED
I have to say, Med, you have been a LOT more civil than most, and you are the one with the out of pocket, and maybe more importantly, the 100's of hours into the production of a one off, total custom carbon fiber hood.

My hat is off to you, your new hood, and your sense of self control.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Angry Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Now I can understand why people are heading to other forums. Tis kinda crap is getting out of hand. It seems everyone is an expert until they have to show it. Then they disappear into the mist. If you do not like the hood fine but why keep harping on it? You didn't buy it so get over it. Everyone has their own tastes in what they want on their car. If you purchased a product and didn't care for it then you have earned the right to slam it. If you didn't purchase the product then who the hell are you to critisize it or the people who did? Damn get over it and lets's get on with other things.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tnaski
Now I can understand why people are heading to other forums. Tis kinda crap is getting out of hand. It seems everyone is an expert until they have to show it. Then they disappear into the mist. If you do not like the hood fine but why keep harping on it? You didn't buy it so get over it. Everyone has their own tastes in what they want on their car. If you purchased a product and didn't care for it then you have earned the right to slam it. If you didn't purchase the product then who the hell are you to critisize it or the people who did? Damn get over it and lets's get on with other things.
Well said my friend! This turned out to be the best G.B. to date, Its beautiful product.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Forum Regular

Who's going to Crossfire Across America. It will be nice to see them all together for the first time not inside of boxes but on our cars!!

I think that would make me change my profile name to Happy Med! lol

Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmySkullz
Well said my friend! This turned out to be the best G.B. to date, Its beautiful product.
I agree, I think it looks great, well done. It's not my cup of tea but still is a work of art. Good Job!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM

This is one absolutely outstanding modification. I personally wish I could have afforded to do it on mine, but things are what the are.

To those who feel compelled to focus on adversarial remarks on a product that was designed and then delivered as stated, please restrict them to either PM's or practice your curmudgeonly ways in the political forum vice here.

If you don't like the pictures, then ask if there is anyway you can capture photo's in a different light. If you don't like the modification because you would have taken a different approach, then why bother repeatedly posting? Just go do your own! Unless you actually have one and have issues with it, then what you are doing is speculation, even if you've seen something similar.

The bottom line, is let those who own one have the time to experience it and then comment about it. But let me point out, to my knowledge, I don't believe any of the current owners have complained one bit.

If you want to get critical about this post, then PM me...maybe I'll answer maybe I won't, but this isn't the place for it in my opinion.

As of right now, I say KUDO's Med!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Look; it's one of the most beautiful hoods out there, anywhere. Med did an outstanding job and I've said this in earlier posts. I'm not suggesting it was a design error. In hindsight I should have just kept my mouth shut. It was merely an observation of mine and experience I've had with vented hood and cabin air over the years. The truth is that if I could have afforded to buy it and paint it, I too would have one right now. I don't particularly like our "Looks Like a Sebring" hood. So, once again, Kudos Med. for a job well done.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
I don't particularly like our "Looks Like a Sebring" hood. So, once again, Kudos Med. for a job well done.

For the record...regardless of what may or may not have come first, the Sebring hood looks like the Crossfire hood

Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Got one thing to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE IT < GREAT JOB !!!! Wish i had the money ! or if i had $$$$$$$ i would drop on this hood !!!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Forum Regular

1. B. Tracy: ImportLabSRT

2. Rudy: rcompart

3. T. Klawinski: Tnaski

4. C. McClenathan: Cmac

5. V. Demers: Never_Satisfied

6. D. Neal: Stlsrt6

7. C. O'Keefe: OKeefe1961 (02/24/2011) 2/28 (Customs Paper work required)

. P. Pires: bowlman169 (02/24/2011) 158010355 (UPS Freight)

9. J. M Schultz: McHammer (02/24/2011) 158010366 (UPS Freight)

10. C. Garcia: airborne82nddiv2003 (02/24/2011) 158010344 (UPS Freight)

The pick up for everyone is scheduled for today between 4-6pm. I should have tracking number by close of business today.

Thanks,

Med

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-25-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM

thanks Med looking forward to getting it and putting it on.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bowlman169
thanks Med looking forward to getting it and putting it on.
Me Too!!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular

Great job, wish I could afford it!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM

Woo Hoo. Boy I can't wait for the snow to melt and the salt to go away,

Old 02-26-2011, 04:48 PM

I just put mine on today. Needs a little more adjustment but it looks awesome. Mine was a bit tight sliding over the hinges but that is a small issue I'll post pics shortly. Haven't. Got the wing put on yet either

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status