Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

So I just found this thread and dont seem to see the cost for this hood.

How much and are they still available?

Thanks

Nate

Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know. It depends on a couple Forum guest that suppose to pay me back for fronting their balance on the hoods last month. I'll make a couple calls. If I can send them there deposits back then I can release the hoods 4 sale. I guess that's what I get for taking orders out side of the forum regular members just to get the Bulk Buy deal. The fact that 75% of everyone on the forum backed out left me with no choice but to work with the forum guest.

I'll have to check. Regardless, they are nice!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-22-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tnaski
I got mine an hour ago and I just stood there and wiped the water from my eyes. I can say without a doubt this is just spectacular. I am at a loss for words, it's beautiful. Med you out did yourself, Thank you you have restored my faith in group buys. I really don't want to paint part of the hood it's too nice ,but on an alabaster car may look a little too much. I am going to pre fit it on Saturday then pull it back off for painting and vent modification. Has anyone figured out how to prop it up yet? I am open for suggestions.
Cant wait to see your pics with it on the car.

Thanks for highlighting the fact that these have some outstanding quality.

This is very good indeed, and Med's outstanding work is restoring our faith in group buys.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
I don't know. It depends on a couple Forum guest that suppose to pay me back for fronting their balance on the hoods last month. I'll make a couple calls. If I can send them there deposits back then I can release the hoods 4 sale. I guess that's what I get for taking orders out side of the forum regular members just to get the Bulk Buy deal. The fact that 75% of everyone on the forum backed out left me with no choice but to work with the forum guest.

I'll have to check. Regardless, they are nice!

Med I'm confused. Are you saying 75% of those who showed interest or those who ordered? If ordered, your post 386 indicates more than 50% have received them and are happy.

If ordered and they put up a deposit and are delinquent in following through, what are the legalities of keeping their deposits along the lines of earnest money? You could then reduce the cost to those members who are willing to pickup the remainder plus shipping?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Erzer
Med I'm confused. Are you saying 75% of those who showed interest or those who ordered? If ordered, your post 386 indicates more than 50% have received them and are happy.

If ordered and they put up a deposit and are delinquent in following through, what are the legalities of keeping their deposits along the lines of earnest money? You could then reduce the cost to those members who are willing to pickup the remainder plus shipping?
That would hardly be fair to those who paid the full price. I say med keeps or returns the deposits and sells the unclaimed hoods to the highest bidders who get their money in on time.
All the words of praise for the product and no risks taken initially has got to come with a price increase.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Forum Regular

That is not the way I do business, or any of us should do business. In two weeks ... keep an eye on ebay. By that time eveyone will have their deposits back with no chance of legal issues.

Thanks,

Med

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-22-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 PM

That is not the way I do business, or any of us should do business. In two weeks ... keep an eye on ebay. By that time eveyone will have their deposits back with no chance of legal issues.

Thanks,

Med
Are you referring to my post or the one previous to it?
My post spells out your scenario, unless you are going to sell them cheaper.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Are you referring to my post or the one previous to it?
My post spells out your scenario, unless you are going to sell them cheaper.
I'm sure to mine. While Med brings up a valid point, I still believe for the investment he put forth, he should at least be able to keep a portion of the deposit as I said for earnest money. My intent was not to "be unfair" to those who paid full price, but he certainly shouldn't be screwed over by those who didn't follow through and that was my intent.

Good luck, I'm out of this discussion as I think I'm just complicating things.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Hot Hot Hot StlSrt6

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...0&ppuser=13398

Pictures by aahtxb - Photobucket

Shoot me a PM if interested!!!!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-24-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Default Re: Hot Hot Hot StlSrt6

Finally got around to getting some good pictures up. There are more in my gallery.

Totally changes how the front of the car looks IMO.

Simple Install, fits, best of all it looks great.

Thanks again for the hood.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that looks good against the graphite....

Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 AM

Looks good, really good.
Here's the but, get some good pictures from a good camera and then they'll look ten times as good. Close ups of small details etc.
The photos you have really suck and it still looks good what does that tell you?
You need Valk to do this justice.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Forum Regular
Cool Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

These were taken by a hired professional with equipment that cost more than my car. We plan on taking more, but as of right now this is it...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

https://www.crossfireforum.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13398

Pictures by aahtxb - Photobucket

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-24-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Forum Regular

I don't think these suck. I also appreciate STLSRT6 for having these pic's taken, and everyone that has assisted in making this effort a success.

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 02-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM

Looks good, really good.
Here's the but, get some good pictures from a good camera and then they'll look ten times as good. Close ups of small details etc.
The photos you have really suck and it still looks good what does that tell you?
You need Valk to do this justice.

Hey man what's with the negative attitude? Are you even interested in buying a hood?

It's one thing to say you would like to see another angle or something along those lines, but to flat out say they really suck is unwarranted.

The pics were taken a Canon 5d Mark II camera, Canon 24-70 2.8L lens a bunch of strobes and pocket wizards. Google the specs if you want - maybe just maybe this fits your definition of what a"good camera" is.

These pics are at a resolution of 2784 x 1856. Higher res than a blu ray movie. You can zoom in as much as you want on anything with out losing any detail. Perhaps your monitor is not capable of such feats. Or did you even click on a picture?

Also this was done in a garage. These aren't wallpaper shots. It's for the sole purpose of showing the hood in multiple angles with multiple light angles. In super high res

Constructive criticism is good really good!

Here's the but...... what you are doing is being an a$$ and for what?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by stlsrt6
Hey man what's with the negative attitude? Are you even interested in buying a hood?

It's one thing to say you would like to see another angle or something along those lines, but to flat out say they really suck is unwarranted.

The pics were taken a Canon 5d Mark II camera, Canon 24-70 2.8L lens a bunch of strobes and pocket wizards. Google the specs if you want - maybe just maybe this fits your definition of what a"good camera" is.

These pics are at a resolution of 2784 x 1856. Higher res than a blu ray movie. You can zoom in as much as you want on anything with out losing any detail. Perhaps your monitor is not capable of such feats. Or did you even click on a picture?

Also this was done in a garage. These aren't wallpaper shots. It's for the sole purpose of showing the hood in multiple angles with multiple light angles. In super high res

Constructive criticism is good really good!

Here's the but...... what you are doing is being an a$$ and for what?
I'm no real whiz with a camera but daylight is better than flash in a garage. I can see the quality of the hood but the burnt out or black areas in the photos do not do it justice IMHO.
I am not going to buy a hood, but the product should be presented in the best light possible - there's a pun there. A good photo is worth a thousand words and any help in selling these has got to be good.
A few good photos is better than a lot of mediocre ones. That's what is needed and that is what the prospective buyers need to get them to buy. A good photo will get the wavering buyer to pony up, it is that simple.
A good camera can take the photos required but just because a good camera was used does not ensure good photographs.
At the very least sort through the photos in the gallery and weed out the lame ones. Quality not quantity is needed.
I'm not trying to be a Donny Downer but giving constructive criticism that's all.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 PM

I'm no real whiz with a camera but daylight is better than flash in a garage. I can see the quality of the hood but the burnt out or black areas in the photos do not do it justice IMHO.
I am not going to buy a hood, but the product should be presented in the best light possible - there's a pun there. A good photo is worth a thousand words and any help in selling these has got to be good.
A few good photos is better than a lot of mediocre ones. That's what is needed and that is what the prospective buyers need to get them to buy. A good photo will get the wavering buyer to pony up, it is that simple.
A good camera can take the photos required but just because a good camera was used does not ensure good photographs.
At the very least sort through the photos in the gallery and weed out the lame ones. Quality not quantity is needed.
I'm not trying to be a Donny Downer but giving constructive criticism that's all.

At first it was a crappy camera, no detail and the pics really suck. Which you and I both know isn't reality.

Now its take it out in the sunlight.

You confessed you know nothing about photography yet you have a very negative and strongly worded opinion on something you aren't even considering.

You didn't get the point last time so please.....move along.

Just to be nice - the point - Multiple angles of the hood with multiple light angles.

You know that carbon fiber changes its look depending on the angle of the light source right?

Using the sun as the light source kinda makes changing the angle impossible.

You would not be able to see the detail in the carbon fiber weave as well either. As the hood would mostly appear graphite.

And if all you wanted were some shots in the sun why not say that the first time?

Last edited by stlsrt6; 02-24-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Forum Regular

SO HOW ABOUT THOSE STL Cardinals?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: Hot Hot Hot StlSrt6

We should have more Pic's by this weekend. I appreciate all of the feedback and PM's from you guys.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I can see what I needed from the latest pictures. They zoom beautifully. The overall fit looks very good and the carbon fiber weave looks perfect to my eyes. Congratulations Max.

How about some carbon fiber side skirts! (JK! )

Les

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status