Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

1) rcompart *
2) Never_satisfied
3) PA/XFIRE
4) bowlman169
5) JimmySkullz
6) okeefe1961
7) GDrag
8) airborne82nddiv2003
9) Tnaski
10) texas t
11) ImportLabSRT
12) McHammer
13) Franc Rauscher
14) billvp
15) cmac
16) crossfirefrank
17) Violenteer
18) F117NH
19) TomStratRT
20) MCDNIFE
21)

PASTE THIS LINK ON FACEBOOK CROSSFIRE PAGES!!!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 01-31-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Unhappy Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Well guys, loos like I will have to be the first to have to leave the list...

I'm very sorry about this as I know how hard it is getting to 25 and I'm really bumbed that I wont be able to get this great hood!

I have a 1966 Mustang that needs to start running again this weekend, and I know there is going to be about $800 that need to go into it asap.

Mad Med, I want to thank you personally for the great opportunity and all of your hard work! You have definitely started the gears in my head for other projects!!!

I can assure you all that I will keep an eye out of the design and HOPEFULLY I can get the cash together for it later, that is if they are still being made... but untill then Med, if you would be so kind to remove me from the list.

And Med if you don't mind me asking what are you going to do with the prototypes?

Thanks again
Dan - F117NH

Old 10-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by F117NH

Well guys, loos like I will have to be the first to have to leave the list...

I'm very sorry about this as I know how hard it is getting to 25 and I'm really bumbed that I wont be able to get this great hood!

I have a 1966 Mustang that needs to start running again this weekend, and I know there is going to be about $800 that need to go into it asap.

Mad Med, I want to thank you personally for the great opportunity and all of your hard work! You have definitely started the gears in my head for other projects!!!

I can assure you all that I will keep an eye out of the design and HOPEFULLY I can get the cash together for it later, that is if they are still being made... but untill then Med, if you would be so kind to remove me from the list.

And Med if you don't mind me asking what are you going to do with the prototypes?

Thanks again
Dan - F117NH

A list of people asked for the prototype back in March..

Thanks,

Med

Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

We might be able to get started with just 15 people!

Stay posted

Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Forum Regular

Bulk Buy Is Open

Thanks to all who supported!

Med

Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
Bulk Buy Is Open

Thanks to all who supported!

Med
I hope there will be enough interest to get this ball rolling. Hood looks great However I personally cant spend over a grand for a hood, that is because I am one of the poor xfire owners

Just curious, did you give people any idea on the price before starting to this project? I mean, people who were interested in this project, were aware that they were looking to spend over 1k and this is no surprise? (I didnt read the whole thread)

Good luck and thanks for your hardwork and dedication

Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I hope there will be enough interest to get this ball rolling. Hood looks great However I personally cant spend over a grand for a hood, that is because I am one of the poor xfire owners

Just curious, did you give people any idea on the price before starting to this project? I mean, people who were interested in this project, were aware that they were looking to spend over 1k and this is no surprise? (I didnt read the whole thread)

Good luck and thanks for your hardwork and dedication
You should read the whole thread to appreciate the VALUE in a custom part. It's his place to set the price, and when he figured it out, not before. If you don't want one or can't afford one, that's fine. Your questioning him seems questionable.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dinasrt
You should read the whole thread to appreciate the VALUE in a custom part. It's his place to set the price, and when he figured it out, not before. If you don't want one or can't afford one, that's fine. Your questioning him seems questionable.
I think before you type another word, you should re-read my post and see my appreciation to his work. I have bought many custom parts in the past before and I have participated in building custom parts.

Also, he can pice whatever he wants, yeah and I dont think I said anything to it, so i am not sure why you decided to mention that. However, it is ALWAYS recomended to give an appx. pice in advance to see if there are enough interest to start a big project like this one.

The hood is great, looks killer but pricey (for my pocket). I am sure it is worth it but still, pricey. I am sure someone will buy them.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Musclefan21
I think before you type another word, you should re-read my post and see my appreciation to his work. I have bought many custom parts in the past before and I have participated in building custom parts.

Also, he can pice whatever he wants, yeah and I dont think I said anything to it, so i am not sure why you decided to mention that. However, it is ALWAYS recomended to give an appx. pice in advance to see if there are enough interest to start a big project like this one.

The hood is great, looks killer but pricey (for my pocket). I am sure it is worth it but still, pricey. I am sure someone will buy them.
If I remember right (many many pages ago lol) he started this build for himself. I think he's already close to 5k into this project. It was only after he started that he asked the forum if we might want one. Again this was many many pages ago, so forgive me if my memory fails me.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Forum Regular

Guys,

We have been up and running since the 22nd of Sept. Please send me a PM on the status of your deposit.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-bulk-buy.html

"""""""""""""((((((((ONLY 1/3 Down TO START PRODUCTION))))))))"""""""""""""

Please PM me if you have any questions. If your not a forum member and you’re a guest contact me at crosseffects@gmail.com

PICTURES

Pictures by aahtxb - Photobucket

1) rcompart *
2) Never_satisfied
3) bowlman169
4) okeefe1961
5) airborne82nddiv2003
6) ImportLabSRT
7) McHammer
8) cmac
9) billvp
10) texas t
11) Tnaski
12) GDrag
13) JimmySkullz
14) Violenteer
15) TomStratRT
16) MCDNIFE
17) 805_Fire
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)

Thanks.

Med

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 01-31-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Forum Regular

30 days have passed. Production will start this week for those who paid a deposit.

Thanks
Med

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 01-31-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Forum Regular

Just want to say, that hood looks hot! Wish I had the $$ to purchase 1!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks,

I really appreciate it. Especially after all the work to get these vents that people almost cried over, just to see 90% of those people pull out. At the end of the day it's a very nice design.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks,

I really appreciate it. Especially after all the work to get these vents that people almost cried over, just to see 90% of those people pull out. At the end of the day it's a very nice design.

It''s the economy. Sorry the numbers weren't there for you. It definitely isn't the design. Your price is very reasonable for that work of art.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Forum Regular

You know I understand... Trust me.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Thanks,

You might have done better with some decent pictures, all of the photos you posted look like they were taken with a crappy phone.
If the product photos are not sharp how does anyone know how the product really looks?
Your photos on all your offerings suck real bad.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You might have done better with some decent pictures, all of the photos you posted look like they were taken with a crappy phone.
If the product photos are not sharp how does anyone know how the product really looks?
Your photos on all your offerings suck real bad.

Thank you

PS

Its always going to be something. As far as quality pics, , many were taken at CAA and other places. I could always take more, and I have sent detailed pic's to people that requested them. At the end of the day, any type of picture will not do this product true justice. So the only thing that sucks really bad is the economy and that statement you made.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mad,
Sorry I couldnt do this one.... I was going to join and then got the axe.... there are going to be lots of us wishing we hadnt missed out on this opportunity...

Old 10-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Thank you

PS

Its always going to be something. As far as quality pics, , many were taken at CAA and other places. I could always take more, and I have sent detailed pic's to people that requested them. At the end of the day, any type of picture will not do this product true justice. So the only thing that sucks really bad is the economy and that statement you made.
My statement is for your own good, people will not get interested if the product is shown badly. If my statement sucks in your opinion ... so be it and you miss my point.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
My statement is for your own good, people will not get interested if the product is shown badly. If my statement sucks in your opinion ... so be it and you miss my point.
I did not miss your point.

I said thanks.

All I'm saying is that I sent pictures to people that requested other view points and was interested in the product. I'm also telling you that 99% of the information I received was positive and that financial circumstances is preventing a large number from participating.

If your interested in more pictures just send me your email address, otherwise "Point taken"

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 10-26-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status