Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 09-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

says "guaranteed to fit" but also "no implied warranty" ... even against fit & finish ??

A 30 days fit & finish warranty seems reasonable.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

I may be a Donny Downer as someone called themselves lately, but after seeing the last fiasco on this site I think some cool heads ought to think this over.
The way I see it $31,225 will be handed over before any one has seen a production hood. Should anything go wrong after the monies are paid what happens then?
There appears to be no risk to the supplier at all.
If 50% is required to start the ball rolling and the balance paid one month later prior to the completion of the contract, who's to say the job has even started?
I know Mad_Medo5X has done a lot of work but he could get stiffed as well.
I would propose that the final payment be put in an escrow account and payable on shipping parts that have been inspected.
Whoever is making these hoods is taking no risk, and if you are in business there's normally some carrot that makes you do your best.
I think 1/3 down payment, 1/3 payable at an agreed point in manufacture and 1/3 held in escrow payable on shipment of twenty-five acceptable parts.
But hey, it's your money.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on where the cost lands I might take two. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I may be a Donny Downer as someone called themselves lately, but after seeing the last fiasco on this site I think some cool heads ought to think this over.
The way I see it $31,225 will be handed over before any one has seen a production hood. Should anything go wrong after the monies are paid what happens then?
There appears to be no risk to the supplier at all.
If 50% is required to start the ball rolling and the balance paid one month later prior to the completion of the contract, who's to say the job has even started?
I know Mad_Medo5X has done a lot of work but he could get stiffed as well.
I would propose that the final payment be put in an escrow account and payable on shipping parts that have been inspected.
Whoever is making these hoods is taking no risk, and if you are in business there's normally some carrot that makes you do your best.
I think 1/3 down payment, 1/3 payable at an agreed point in manufacture and 1/3 held in escrow payable on shipment of twenty-five acceptable parts.
But hey, it's your money.
FYI,
I'm driving a production hood!

I'm handling everything through Paypal with the supplier. Regardless if I receive checks, moneyorder, etc, Everything will be through paypal to protect my self, and the forum. As far as payment options. Everything has to be paid before shipment. They dont get paid until the Bulk Buy is completed. Complete order will be insured.

Its thats simple. Ask the guys from CCA, This is what I do for a living! New Product Development & Supplier Management on very unique parts.

Thanks

PS

I will get the list updated ASAP

Old 09-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billvp
says "guaranteed to fit" but also "no implied warranty" ... even against fit & finish ??

A 30 days fit & finish warranty seems reasonable.

It will never ship If it dont fit! Every hood will be test fitted & inspected. If a hood is damaged, we will file a claim through the shipping company so that we all are covered.

If the hood fit the 1st day, it will fit the 30th day. If the finish is damaged, we must file a claim through the shipping company.

Thanks,
Med

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 09-24-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Forum Regular

I was more worried about the finish after exposure to the elements ... 30 days isn't much, but it is MUCH better than nothing (wasn't worried about the fit after a short period of time)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Forum Regular

Clear Coat and quality will not be an issue. It comes down to how each person maintains each individual hood. I have no control over that. The only way something could happen is if it take place in shipping (shipping insurance), or car accident (car insurance).

Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Forum Regular

What is the recommended maintenance for the hood?

Old 09-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Forum Regular

I treated the CF hood I received back in April like a regular car part. I wash and wax it. Its a clear coat, and now 5 month later, it still look new. I would say one thing, treat it like any other part on your car, keep it clean. If I was someone that was planning on leaving it with the CF look, I would throw an extra clear coat on it in about 18 months, thats what a lot of the guys I see at car show recommend. I myself will get it painted Black in March 11.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Forum Regular

Alright guys, Good News. We have completed the design. Now it works like this....

When ever the Bulk Buy open's, we will need AT LEAST 25 people to participate in order to off set the cost. I've paid to be a forum sponsor and also paid the Group Buy Fees. Its just a matter of time before we get turned on. Nevertheless, The supplier is pushing me to get the ball rolling, and I would hate for all this work to be lost.

The Price

25+ units @ $1,249.00

35+ units @ $1,099.00

50% deposit needed up front to start production! The remaining balance will need to be provided within 25 business days from the start of manufacturing. Manufacturing will take approximately a max of 40 business days. All hoods will be inspected & test fitted prior to shipment. Each unit will be insured at $1,499 a piece. All shipping claims must be reported at time of pick up or 24 hours after delivery.

I believe this is a really amazing price, not only because this is the 1st Hood produced for the crossfire, but quality time has been put into this effort since October of 2009 and the end result is amazing. Furthermore, even with the design enhancements of the prototype back in April, I believe all in all this is a great purchase. This product offers a different look that will set the crossfire apart from the other Chrysler Counterparts, while enhancing the vehicles appearance and shaving 30.2 lbs of weight out of the car. You can spend anywhere from a couple hundred to over thousand dollars on many of the small parts see on this forum. So, from a 1st hand perspective, I can honestly say this product deserves 5 Stars in relationship to best bang for buck.

#4 Step Process
  • I will compose a solid list of everyone interested.
  • Production will start once the Bulk Buy opens and 25 deposits are received
  • Remaining balance must be received 30 Business days from the start of production
  • Product will be available a Max of 40 days from the start of production.
As soon as the official Bulk Buy opens & 25 deposits are collected, production will start. Depending on how many participate in the Bulk Buy, all additional savings gained by more participants’ will be applied to each individuals remaining balance.

Shipping

Shipping will be very reasonable depending on your location, International sales are welcomed. And even better if you and a friend or three get your hoods shipped to the same address you can save. Local pick up are also welcomed.

Please PM me if you have any questions. If your not a forum member and you’re a guest contact me at crosseffects@gmail.com

The bulk buy will officially end 30 days after receiving the 25th participant.

1) Hoods will be guaranteed to fit.

2) Hood pins will not be needed; nevertheless it’s your choice

"All aftermarket body kits / hoods are sold AS-IS with no implied warranty. Buyer is responsible for fees concerning installation and up keep of the products. Buyer understands that some products are for off-road use. Check with local state laws before order. Buyer understands their preference to use after market products and due to strict State Laws each buyer will be responsible for any damages/possible injury incurred due to any condition. All units are manufactured with fiberglass and carbon fiber. We recommend that a professional body shop perform the installation. "

1) Direct replacement to factory hood

2) One-piece lightweight fiberglass construction grants stability without sacrificing strength

3) Unbroken carbon fiber weave layer and true rolled edges provides for superior beauty

4) Signature glossy UV-protection clear coats adds durability and longevity

5) Functional hood vents helps Increase heat dissipation from engine bay

More Pictures can be found at the link below. I will update the album with more pictures /Higher Quality this weekend with Zero shadows!!!.

Pictures by aahtxb - Photobucket

25-34 @ $1249

35+ @ $1099

1) rcompart *
2) Never_satisfied
3) PA/XFIRE
4) bowlman169
5) JimmySkullz
6) okeefe1961
7) GDrag
8) airborne82nddiv2003
9) Tnaski
10) texas t
11) ImportLabSRT

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 09-26-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's involved in installing this hood? Do you use all the OEM hardware? Do you supply instructions on how to install? What would the shipping cost be to zip 49203.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
What's involved in installing this hood? 35 minutes.

Do you use all the OEM hardware? Hing bolts are replaced with 6 longer bolts and washers.
Do you supply instructions on how to install?Yes
What would the shipping cost be to zip 49203.
I will PM you. I'm currently working to get a flat rate deal. The number of items I ship in one month will have a big impact. Regardless, it's extra light. So, much less then OEM hoods on EBay cost. I will PM you once I get an idea of the quantity I will be shipping and receive prices from UPS, DHL, & FedX

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 09-25-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:07 PM

hey mad mex, have you driven with the hood on the highway? I have been in a couple of cars with carbon fiber hoods where on the highway the wind actually pulls the hood up slightly so it is bulged. does this happen with this hood?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

I drive to work everyday with this hood in my car. The impact wind has on the hood was reduced after the vent design changed limiting the amount of wind allowed under the hood.

This design does vibrate slightly while driving due to it's light weight, nevertheless, I can say I've seen other CF hoods vibrate more. The OEM latch design is amazing.

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 09-25-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:10 PM

I must say that I am almost glad I don't have my car anymore because if I could not afford this hood it would kill me it is so sweet looking. I am really happy that this has found way to happen it changes the personality of the car in a lot of really good ways.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Xray
I must say that I am almost glad I don't have my car anymore because if I could not afford this hood it would kill me it is so sweet looking. I am really happy that this has found way to happen it changes the personality of the car in a lot of really good ways.

Thanks you!

I really appreciate it!

Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 PM

I'm glad this got done but I think on a stock crossfire it would just look out of place.
By stock I mean stock wheels, not lowered, etc.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Infinite
I'm glad this got done but I think on a stock crossfire it would just look out of place.
By stock I mean stock wheels, not lowered, etc.
I don't think it would look much out of place if it was color matched. And mods need to start somewhere don't they...LOL I for one will pay the price for it even if there is no discount.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular

Well actually, it looked extra clean! STL SRT had it on his car for about 3 hours. It was really clean looking & edgy. Especially with the Batwing! Hands down, it really went well and gave the car a slight beast appeal! By the way, you can also paint it!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 09-25-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

Alright guys, Good News. We have completed the design. Now it works like this....

1) rcompart *
2) Never_satisfied
3) PA/XFIRE
4) bowlman169
5) JimmySkullz
6) okeefe1961
7) GDrag
8) airborne82nddiv2003
9) Tnaski
10) texas t
11) ImportLabSRT
12) McHammer

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 01-31-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status