Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 05-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
That's More like It! Workmanship / Quality! Yes!
So has the company given you a warranty (possibly dealing with peeling, cracking, fading, etc.) on the initial hood that you can share with us?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billvp
So has the company given you a warranty (possibly dealing with peeling, cracking, fading, etc.) on the initial hood that you can share with us?
When dealing with aftermarket parts its pretty cut dry.

Peeling, cracking, and fading will be different pending how each individual treat each hood. I’m going to personally add another clear coat for good measure. We will personally make sure every hood fit before shipping. In case of damage retain all cartons, packing materials and damaged merchandise for the carrier to inspect. Never refuse shipment or return it without approval since your right to make a damage claim may be denied. Always personally inspect packages prior to signing acceptance of shipment. Failure to do so can hold you liable for damages. If the damage is apparent upon receipt, do not accept the merchandise and note the damage and irregularities to the freight driver and have the driver sign it. If the damage is not readily apparent at the time of arrival, then it must be reported to the shipping company within 24 hours after receipt of shipment. Please let me know if you can find one company that offer a warranty on Aftermarket hood products. I've looked. Nevertheless, If you can find one company that offer a warranty, send me the information, and I will see what I can do...

"All aftermarket body kits are sold AS-IS with no implied warranty. Buyer is responsible for fees concerning installation of the products. Buyer understands that some products are for off-road use. Check with local state laws before order. Buyer understands and due to strict State Laws each buyer will be responsible for any damages/possible injury incurred due to any condition. All kits are manufactured with fiberglass and carbon fiber. We recommend that a professional body shop with fiberglass experience perform the installation. Refunds will not be issued due fitment issues of the body kit. If fitment is off by extreme margins, a refund will be issued."

Once we finish the design, all of the information will be in the bulk buy section of the forum.

Thanks,
Med

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 05-19-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Forum Regular

Mitsubishi Eclipse Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop
"Carbon Fiber Hood designs carry a limited lifetime warranty."

Carbon Fiber M3 GTR Hood for BMW E46
"There is a warranty against fading for up to one year from date of purchase."

Hoods : Carbontrix, Composites Design and Production
"All of our hoods are the finest quality and come with a 6 month warranty on finish and fitment."

those are just from the first few results of a quick "bing" search, I'm sure there are plenty more

Old 05-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billvp
Mitsubishi Eclipse Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop
"Carbon Fiber Hood designs carry a limited lifetime warranty."

Carbon Fiber M3 GTR Hood for BMW E46
"There is a warranty against fading for up to one year from date of purchase."

Hoods : Carbontrix, Composites Design and Production
"All of our hoods are the finest quality and come with a 6 month warranty on finish and fitment."

those are just from the first few results of a quick "bing" search, I'm sure there are plenty more
Thanks,

Show me more.

I will work to get something on the fading. Now Fitment will not be an issue because they will be checked. So a 6 month warranty on a hood that fit the 1st day will fit the same in 6 months.

I can flow any real requirements to the supplier. They will match FYI.... So keep them coming.... (FYI The company is offering you the warranty, not the manufacturing supplier.) So ... It makes you think (Why can they match any limited warranty these stores can offer?)

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 05-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Seibon has a warranty and appearance guarantee, but IMO it is not worth much of anything......

Warranty and Disclaimer
Items sold by Seibon International, Inc. may not be legal for street use in all states. It is the buyer’s responsibility to comply with applicable state laws. Buyer understands that due to strict U.S. Federal and State safety crash guidelines, Seibon is not responsible or liable for any damages or possible injuries incurred upon possible accidents due to driver error, incorrect installations, bad judgment, or act of nature/God, Allah, Jehovah, etc. All products are intended for off-highway uses only, and should be used for their intended purposes only. Seibon does not take responsibility over buyer installation, modification, and unusual stress of the products. The buyer assumes all responsibilities for determining the suitability of the products. Seibon is not responsible for any damages incurred either directly or indirectly on the vehicles or operators/passengers within the vehicles.

Seibon Fitment Guarantee
The following situations are fully covered under the Seibon Fitment Guarantee:

Hoods:
  • Hood does not clear a stock engine
  • Gap between the hood and the fenders are more than 1/2" wide on each side
  • Hood levels more than 1/2" higher or lower than the fenders
  • Latch is 1/16" too long or too short than the stock latch, causing the hood not to latch
  • Please note that Seibon Carbon does not suggest re-installing OEM gas hood shocks.
Seibon Appearance Guarantee
The following situations are fully covered under the Seibon Appearance Guarantee: (Note that all Seibon carbon fiber products are hand-made, and small imperfections are inevitable. Claims guilty of abusing Seibon's claims program will be denied immediately)
  • Heavy cloudiness under the clear coat (which is only visible under the sun. Seibon apologizes for not being able to QC every product under natural sun light)
  • Clear coat bubble larger than 3/8" in diameter
Other situations, including twisted or torn weaves other than around vent area, will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and might qualify for full or partial coverage. Fully approved claims cover product and shipping charges. Partially approved claims cover products only.

Seibon Clear Coat Guarantee
The following situations are fully covered under the Seibon Clear Coat Guarantee:
  • Clear coat changes color more than a full shade within 6 months (Note: like car paint, slight fading and discoloration is natural. The warranty only covers more extreme cases.)
Other situations will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, and might qualify for full or partial coverage. Fully approved claims cover product and shipping charges. Partially approved claims cover products only.

This one, as bad as it is, is much better than VIS offers. My point is...... These warrantees have holes so big that you can drive a freight truck through them.

If MadMex does a test fit before shipping, I think that is about as good as it gets.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

Thank you...

This is the nature of the beast!!!!!

We need to take care of the product, simply put!

bmorgan "incorrect installations, bad judgment, or act of nature/God, Allah, Jehovah, etc."

FYI... I just read
Please note that Seibon Carbon does not suggest re-installing OEM gas hood shocks.

SO TRUE

The stock hood shock is way to strong! I installed it. You have to remember to open and close it on the right, if not ...ALL BAD!!! I will keep my shock on. I love it. but have to be mindful that its for a heavy hood!!!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 05-19-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now Fitment will not be an issue because they will be checked.
Originally Posted by bmorgan
If MadMex does a test fit before shipping, I think that is about as good as it gets.

Mad, sorry to bug you again, but are the one who will actually be doing the testing or will it be the manufacturer?

If the manufacturer, are they simply going to compare to the mold and say yes it fits? Certainly they do not have an XF to try every one of the 20+ hoods they will be making, or do they??

Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you...

This is the nature of the beast!!!!!

We need to take care of the product, simply put!

bmorgan "incorrect installations, bad judgment, or act of nature/God, Allah, Jehovah, etc."

FYI... I just read
Please note that Seibon Carbon does not suggest re-installing OEM gas hood shocks.

SO TRUE

The stock hood shock is way to strong! I installed it. You have to remember to open and close it on the right, if not ...ALL BAD!!! I will keep my shock on. I love it. but have to be mindful that its for a heavy hood!!!
I also liked these 2 statements:
Gap between the hood and the fenders are more than 1/2" wide on each side
Hood levels more than 1/2" higher or lower than the fenders

So, it you have gap that is exactly 1/2" on each side, and the front of the hood sits 1/2" too high, it still fulfills their obligation for fitment.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Mad, sorry to bug you again, but are the one who will actually be doing the testing or will it be the manufacturer?

If the manufacturer, are they simply going to compare to the mold and say yes it fits? Certainly they do not have an XF to try every one of the 20+ hoods they will be making, or do they??

No,

Kevin and I will. Its takes 5 minutes to bolt a hood on. The plan is two knock them all out at the same time. The only real concern will be the latch. It took me 5 minutes to bolt on the hood, and 30 minutes to get my latch to work. Don't tell anyone, but there was a wrench I 4got to move that was keeping my hood from closing. We also had to pick up some longer bolts for the two rear leaver arms from lowes.. $4
in parts + 35 minutes + a fender scratch. = I've been driving for 5 days
I was so pissed once we found out what was the problem with the latch..

Old 05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bmorgan
I also liked these 2 statements:
Gap between the hood and the fenders are more than 1/2" wide on each side
Hood levels more than 1/2" higher or lower than the fenders

So, it you have gap that is exactly 1/2" on each side, and the front of the hood sits 1/2" too high, it still fulfills their obligation for fitment.
Dude 1/2 inch on each side is crazy = hood to small.
1/2 inch high = not closed
1/2 inch low = someone sat on it!

This was funny to read

Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Alot of times, you'll find that aftermarket hoods are made a tad bit smaller on the corners and sides. These are production cars we're talking about and not everyone has the same tolerances, as long as the gaps are even on both sides and its somewhere near the stock fitment, it shouldnt be an issue.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:35 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
As far as my letting someone borrow them that took my idea/design and slightly modified it and gave me NO credit what-so-ever for this "new" custom CF hood design..............that's not gonna happen. Pony up the extra $90 to complete the forgery or just find a Jag in the parking lot and measure it for free.
I hear ya Mopar,

Nothing is safe/sacred on this forum anymore - not sure he should have asked permission or paid royalties - but a little respect to a long time member who always shared his mods with others would be cool.

The newer members just seem to come and grab........

Old 05-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Moparbust, you've always had my utmost respect ... and still do. Lot's of people do great custom work for themselves but those that do the work and offer copies to the rest are few and far between. You always share your ideas and results. Thank you. Who has offered a hood option? Your not the only one to modify a stock one, but this is the first I've seen where the "modder" decided to make copies and offer them to the masses. Even if it's to cover his costs or make a little I don't care. I give Mad props to Med05X even if the first Crossfire hood with Jaguar vents was yours. You made one for yourself, documented it for us, and it came out great. But Med_Med05X didn't do the hood just for himself. He did it for all of us to have a chance and choice. If the price is right I'm interested. I give you credit for the idea, but no credit for offering it to the masses. Which I don't blame you for, because what a pain for Mad_Med05X this is becoming. Next thing you know someone will call him Dan Root or some other ........ words equally nasty. Everyone on this forum except newbies knows whose was the first and who first offered it to the masses.

Les

Old 05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That Seibon warranty(?) is pretty sad..... 1/2" tolerance on each side, even if it is uniform is waaayyy past acceptable...

Mad_Med, if the hoods all fit like they do on your car these will be terrific looking... I know that is your goal... thanks again for the work....

Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Moparbust, you've always had my utmost respect ... and still do. Lot's of people do great custom work for themselves but those that do the work and offer copies to the rest are few and far between. You always share your ideas and results. Thank you. Who has offered a hood option? Your not the only one to modify a stock one, but this is the first I've seen where the "modder" decided to make copies and offer them to the masses. Even if it's to cover his costs or make a little I don't care. I give Mad props to Med05X even if the first Crossfire hood with Jaguar vents was yours. You made one for yourself, documented it for us, and it came out great. But Med_Med05X didn't do the hood just for himself. He did it for all of us to have a chance and choice. If the price is right I'm interested. I give you credit for the idea, but no credit for offering it to the masses. Which I don't blame you for, because what a pain for Mad_Med05X this is becoming. Next thing you know someone will call him Dan Root or some other ........ words equally nasty. Everyone on this forum except newbies knows whose was the first and who first offered it to the masses.

Les
Well said!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who has offered a hood option? Your not the only one to modify a stock one, but this is the first I've seen where the "modder" decided to make copies and offer them to the masses. Everyone on this forum except newbies knows whose was the first and who first offered it to the masses.Les
Obviously.....not EVERYONE knows Les.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...fire-hood.html

Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Forum Regular

Better pics are on there way. If anyone locally want to check out the hood and help validate the design give me a call or send a PM.

Thanks
Med
I would love to see the hood and validate the quality for you if you need Max.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
I would love to see the hood and validate the quality for you if you need Max.

Sounds good. Friday after work

Old 05-20-2010, 07:33 AM

Les
Very well put and respectfully said.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ///SilverSaphRT6
Very well put and respectfully said.

+1. Well put!

So

on another note

1st car wash right now