Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Would you be
I'm interested in purchasing this Carbon Fiber hood for the Crossfire in a forum bulk buy!
84.13%
That design is beautiful, but not my style!
15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Old 05-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I agree with all of the above.

Love the look.
I wonder, can the position of the vents be moved or are they to be in the mold that way?

I would prefer them to be aligned differently and farther back.

And Hell Yes, I'm seriously interested.

franc
I am with the others on the look of the vents. I was wondering if it would be an option to get one without the vents cut out. I think the Jag vents would look better. I could always retro fit the jag vents if I could get the hood without the cut outs. Or, would it be a possibility to send them the Jag vents to fit in during fabrication? I am in for a hood either way, and do not want to seem like I am complaining. Thanks

Edit: After looking at MoparBursts hood again, it would not be easy to retro fit the Jag vents into the hood. It is a shame, because these vents looks soooo much better IMO.

DSC06455.jpg

19a6578a.jpg

Last edited by bmorgan; 05-18-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BMorgan, while I may agree with you on the looks, it makes sense that an NA driver would not select vents that say supercharged.

Also, I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that the vents from Jag were pretty pricey themselves.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eta Aug.........................

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 07-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mad_Med05X
I'm actually working on that now! We are trying to get a flush vent design with the layers. That's the hold up. Those vents by themselves are over 300 a piece. Nevertheless, we will see what happen. If not, its a $300 mod, and the hood is 999.. If someone have Jag vents to send...That would help.... I bet you cant get anyone to fork 300 bucks away to finish it up .... FYI...I'm out 3 Grand. I'm trying my best.
I was just looking, and could not find a source for the XFR vents online. Do you have a link for a source for these. I would step up to the plate for 300 and send one to them. We appreciate everything that you have done to date, and I know it can be fustrating at times. If you are looking at this or something similar as an option, I am happy to help out. Do not underestimate others willingness to help you out. Thanks again.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular

I will look into seeing if this is a possibility. (FYI) Stay posted!

Thanks for all the help!

Guest either start an account or send me an email at crosseffects@gmail.com

Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM

No problem, I just ask for a free hood for all of my hard searching

Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good find by Infinite, but those do not appear to me as being quite the same - 2006 XKR vents vs. the ones Moparrbust used which were from a 2007 XKR I believe. The 2007 was a redesign and thus longer and thiner. I think these are to replace the hood scoops on the older Jags to make them look more like the newer SC vents on the 2007 and up jags.

I am only throwing this out there as a lot of people Really like the style of the vents Moparrbust used. The ones he used are longer and more narrow than the ones for sale on ebay.

If you are going to go through the trouble of tweaking your design and want a lot of people to jump in on the GB, this might be something to think about.

just my $.02

edit: just found these: Custom Painted Jaguar XKR/XFR Chrome Insert Hood Louver: eBay Motors (item 180378559340 end time Jun-01-10 05:55:14 PDT)

Cheers,
KrzyFast

Old 05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KrzyFast
Good find by Infinite, but those do not appear to me as being quite the same - 2006 XKR vents vs. the ones Moparrbust used which were from a 2007 XKR I believe. The 2007 was a redesign and thus longer and thiner. I think these are to replace the hood scoops on the older Jags to make them look more like the newer SC vents on the 2007 and up jags.

I am only throwing this out there as a lot of people Really like the style of the vents Moparrbust used. The ones he used are longer and more narrow than the ones for sale on ebay.

If you are going to go through the trouble of tweaking your design and want a lot of people to jump in on the GB, this might be something to think about.

just my $.02

edit: just found these: Custom Painted Jaguar XKR/XFR Chrome Insert Hood Louver: eBay Motors (item 180378559340 end time Jun-01-10 05:55:14 PDT)

Cheers,
KrzyFast

There is no guarantee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 07-20-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just thought of something. Rather than purchase these vents for a pattern, does anyone know someone with a 2007 or later jag xkr that wouldn't mind letting someone take some measurements and an outline of their hood vents? Would Moparrbust mind for that matter giving Mad Med the measurements and an outline of the vents to incorporate into his design?

I don't know if this would work, it is just a thought.

KrzyFast

Old 05-18-2010, 03:44 PM

The second link is similar to the one I posted above, but not the same. The one that I posted above is for a 2010 XKR. These are mimicing the style of the 2010 XKR, but are designed to fit the opening of the 97-06 model XKRs. You will notice that they are fatter and shorter than the 2010 vents. Having said that, I am not trying to be picky.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by KrzyFast

just my $.02

Cheers,
KrzyFast
Those vents are KrzyKool, and would look bitchin on my black SRT. MadMex, just pm me if you need some help with this.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular

Guys Guys Guys,

I'm going to see what options are available! As of right now, We are stuck with modifying the current space that's available for the vents in the mold. After seeing heat waves escape through the vents, I know they help out a lot with engine temperature.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Those vents are KrzyKool, and would look bitchin on my black SRT. MadMex, just pm me if you need some help with this.
I will, I will

Old 05-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Just for the fun of it, Here is a pic that I posted a while back of some chromed XKR vents. I thought of FP when I saw these.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I know you guys are making improvements right now, but will the hood be sold with a clear coat or two? Everyone I know tells me the carbon fiber will get damaged by the sun without it. Since I won't paint it, I rather it come with the clear coat on it already. Maybe it can be optional clear coat or not.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psuperti
I know you guys are making improvements right now, but will the hood be sold with a clear coat or two? Everyone I know tells me the carbon fiber will get damaged by the sun without it. Since I won't paint it, I rather it come with the clear coat on it already. Maybe it can be optional clear coat or not.
It has two layers of Clear coat with UV protection!!! When you see it come June, you will be blown away!!! I will update everyone on the vents when we receive some feedback, until then lets put it to rest.

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 05-18-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
Love the Hood Max looks great. The cowl came out amazing! The vents throw me off just a tad, they line with the cowl but seem a little off with the outside fenders.

9/10 design and 10/10 fit and finish.

Just contructive critisim btw. I think it looks better than a stock hood for sure...

Having the same hood as a sebring bothers me after sitting next to one at a stoplight. I think they are great cars but just bland and hate shareing any desing similarites!

Was there any wieght difference between this and the stock hood?
When do you want to check it out!! or take it down the track for the forum members??? The hitch hiker did 131 I will be free at 6 today!! We can take some out door shots!!

Help with the scale will be nice!!!!

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 05-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mad,

I know you are in early stages with changing these vents, but I have to speak up here. Every vent that has been listed as an 'upgrade' says supercharged on it. As you well know, a majority of XFs are not supercharged so I am wondering if you are still going to allow for the plain vents as well??

I am looking out for the bulk buy mostly and think you willl be hard pressed to find 20+ SRTs for this hood if they only come as SC

Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Mad,

I know you are in early stages with changing these vents, but I have to speak up here. Every vent that has been listed as an 'upgrade' says supercharged on it. As you well know, a majority of XFs are not supercharged so I am wondering if you are still going to allow for the plain vents as well??

I am looking out for the bulk buy mostly and think you willl be hard pressed to find 20+ SRTs for this hood if they only come as SC
I understand. I would not like that either! FYI... The supplier has not gave me an answer yet on the vent. If its possible to change, we might consider pending the price jump. Don't worry, it will be ok

Last edited by Mad_Med05X; 07-20-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status