Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

HELP! Fog Light HID's acting WEIRD

Old 12-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Fog Light HID's acting WEIRD

Hey guys!

Well I had all my HID stuff done and it was pretty dang awesome... until my fog lights started acting... strange.... First, i would try to turn on the fog lights and strangely enough, they wouldnt come on... I would then turn off the fogs and turn them back on inside, and boom... they turned on.....

Welll this kept going on for a day or two and was progressively getting worse, requiring me to turn them on and off several times to get the fog lights to turn on....

Finally, tonight... DEAD. They wouldnt come on no matter how many times i turned them on and off.... i checked the interior fuse box to see if the fog light's fuse went kaput, but it was still good and for safe measure i replaced it anyway....

SOOOO does anyone have any idea as to what is happening or how i can go abut correcting it???? i'm really sad about this new development!

Thanks,

Kolme

Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: HELP! Fog Light HID's acting WEIRD

Make sure that all the bulbs are seated properly and all wiring is secured properly. Did you do the install yourself or did you take it to a shop? If it is the latter then I would take it back to the shop that did the install.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP! Fog Light HID's acting WEIRD

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Make sure that all the bulbs are seated properly and all wiring is secured properly. Did you do the install yourself or did you take it to a shop? If it is the latter then I would take it back to the shop that did the install.
Hey thanks xfire! Yeah i decided to go back... for the third time and try to get this solved... it's weird.. last night they once again popped on.. but today, nothing.... very strange.... also when i do turn them on i do hear a clicking sound somewhere in the mid engine...

But if they are stumped then im not sure what i'll do =(