Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Intermittent Headlights

Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Headlights

A few times now, my lights wouldn't go on - headlights, interior lights, nothing illuminates. Then I'll try it again later & they work. Since there is only one way to turn them on, it's not operator error Tried searching for this subject, found nothing. Any ideas? If it matters, it happened when it was cold (early a.m. frost) & another time with light drizzle & cool weather. I know everything will work perfectly if I bring it to the dealer.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Intermittent Headlights

The only thing that i can think of would be the illumination control module (drive side fuse box) or the one under the hood. My high beams would do that and then they just died.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by kszoz
A few times now, my lights wouldn't go on - headlights, interior lights, nothing illuminates. Then I'll try it again later & they work. Since there is only one way to turn them on, it's not operator error Tried searching for this subject, found nothing. Any ideas? If it matters, it happened when it was cold (early a.m. frost) & another time with light drizzle & cool weather. I know everything will work perfectly if I bring it to the dealer.
You seem to think this is specific to the roadster and not a problem that is possible on all body styles?
If it is a problem that is possible for all models I would post it in the specific forum - Exterior and Lighting - otherwise it could just die here.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-13-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You seem to think this is specific to the roadster and not a problem that is possible on all body styles?
If it is a problem that is possible for all models I would post it in the specific forum - Exterior and Lighting - otherwise it could just die here.
....done....

Old 11-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Question Re: Intermittent Headlights

Thank you for moving it. I knew someone would nail me for something, especially the old guy!

We checked the lists on both fuseboxes but could not figure out which fuse was for the lights linked to the headlight switch. Would appreciate input. Do fuses go out a little at a time? I thought they either worked or didn't.

Old 11-14-2009, 01:33 PM

I was going to say stop blinking so much...

I'm guessing you haven't been to a shop to see if there is some sort of short?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by kszoz
Thank you for moving it. I knew someone would nail me for something, especially the old guy!

We checked the lists on both fuseboxes but could not figure out which fuse was for the lights linked to the headlight switch. Would appreciate input. Do fuses go out a little at a time? I thought they either worked or didn't.
I just wanted to give this the most exposure, sitting in the roadster forum just wasn't going to do it.
I'll keep my idea on your problem to myself if you like.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:35 PM

A call to the dealer today pretty much told me what I already knew: unless I can show them the lights aren't working, there's nothing they can do except poke around for an hour or hour & a half, & if they don't find anything, the cost is on me. You'd think with 2 active warranties... Apparently, they can't take a customer's word that there is a problem. I told him either the switch works or it doesn't, since there really isn't room for error. So I'll have to try the lights over a nd over during the day when they are open & jet over to the service dept when the lights aren't working to SHOW them they're not working.

I guess I could drive a Stealth Crossfire for real. You don't see me, but I don't see you either!

Last edited by kszoz; 11-18-2009 at 08:51 PM.