Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Moisture Drain Tubes - Rear Quater Panels

Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts
Default Moisture Drain Tubes - Rear Quater Panels

Just picked up my 07 Limited Coupe from the body shop this evening after they refinished the rear bumper. Naturally, when I got home, I started looking the car over to see what work may need to be re-addressed since I've never found a shop yet that put everything back like it was before they took it apart.

I noticed on the RR there is a drain tube that comes out just behind the rear tire between the wheel well liner and the rear fascia where it attaches to the bumper/quarter panel assembly. I assume it's to drain moisture that accumulates from rain run-off around the back hatch, etc. I don't see this drain tube on the LR quarter panel, which is where the "parking lot" rub occurred.

Now I know the shop took the entire bumper off to repair/refinish it. I verified this myself yesterday. I'm wondering if the drain tube on the LR is buried behind the wheel well liner somewhere or even worse, just not there anymore after the shop took the bumper off & then re-installed it later. I know from experience that these body shop guys are famous for taking short-cuts, especially when re-assembly is a "pain in the @55"!

Can someone verify for me that the XFire has the moisture drain tube on both rear quarter panels before I go taking stuff loose to "explore"? I've already got an issue tomorrow to deal with in that Roberta & I found the RR taillight assembly cracked when we picked up the car this evening. It wasn't cracked when I dropped off the car Monday!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Moisture Drain Tubes - Rear Quater Panels

There Is A Drain Hose For Overflow Fuel To Spill Out. I Have Had This Happen Several Times.u Can Pour Some Water In The Well Around You Gas Cap While Cap Is In Place, U Should See Water Running Out Said Hose.:d

Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts
Default Re: Moisture Drain Tubes - Rear Quater Panels

Originally Posted by texas t
There Is A Drain Hose For Overflow Fuel To Spill Out. I Have Had This Happen Several Times.u Can Pour Some Water In The Well Around You Gas Cap While Cap Is In Place, U Should See Water Running Out Said Hose.:d
Thanks. I forgot all about the drain line being for the fuel spill/overflow on the RR.

Later,