Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

I Want Bluish Looking Luxury Bulbs In My Headlight, And Fog Lights ???

Old 09-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Want Bluish Looking Luxury Bulbs In My Headlight, And Fog Lights ???

I HAD MY 2005 CROSSFIRE SINCE JANUARY 2009'' AND ITS AWESOME...... PEOPLE STARE AT MY CAR ALL DAY..... I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.... BUT I WOULD LIKE TO CUSTOMIZE THOSE PLAIN LOOKING HEADLIGHT BULBS..... TO A MORE BLUISH LOOKING LUXURY LOOK.... LIKE THE BULBS THAT RESEMBLE AN INFINITI AND LEXUS LIGHTING..... I READ ON THIS SITE THAT THE 6000K MAY BE BEST BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE...... I WANT THE WHOLE SET, HIGH BEAMS, LOW BEAMS, AND FOG LIGHTS...... ALL WITH THAT BLUISH LOOKING LOOK...... ARE THEY THE HALOGEN 6000K's THAT IM SUPPOSE TO GET ??????????

Old 09-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I Want Bluish Looking Luxury Bulbs In My Headlight, And Fog Lights ????

To answer your questions. You CAN get filtered bulbs that "LOOK" like HID's but definitely don't perform like HID's. What I mean when I say perform, is that they won't be as bright and you will have very hard time trying to drive in the dark. I used to have those on my C, they looked nice but here in washington in rains a lot and very little sunshine. I had a terrible time driving at night. So I'm telling you to get HID's.

Go to www.ddmtuning.com
It's where I found my HID's for a very good price and produce great light output at night. I just ordered some for my foglights. You can get some at a really great price, any where from 40-150$ from this site. Research what kind of bulbs the C takes and go ahead and order from that site.

- Gdrag

Old 09-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I Want Bluish Looking Luxury Bulbs In My Headlight, And Fog Lights ????

Originally Posted by GDrag
To answer your questions. You CAN get filtered bulbs that "LOOK" like HID's but definitely don't perform like HID's. What I mean when I say perform, is that they won't be as bright and you will have very hard time trying to drive in the dark. I used to have those on my C, they looked nice but here in washington in rains a lot and very little sunshine. I had a terrible time driving at night. So I'm telling you to get HID's.

Go to www.ddmtuning.com
It's where I found my HID's for a very good price and produce great light output at night. I just ordered some for my foglights. You can get some at a really great price, any where from 40-150$ from this site. Research what kind of bulbs the C takes and go ahead and order from that site.

- Gdrag
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

3 THINGS YOU'LL NEED.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-pictures.html

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...eams-only.html

and... HID XENON KIT H7 H1 H11 9006 H3 H8 H4 9007 6000K 8000K:eBay Motors (item 130325629092 end time Oct-17-09 13:51:00 PDT)

you need H7 for the low beams (your main headlights), H7 for the high beams (which is ill-advised..), and for the fog lights bulb type 9006.

get 4300k for that luxury white/blue look, 5000k at the most. trust me, you won't regret it. 6000k is TOO blue (thousands of people will say 6000k is awesome, 8000k is awesome, but at that point you're going extremeley blue, less light, you want the most light with the best color, 4300k.)

Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Forum Regular

Nox buddy,
What's wrong with the website I pointed out?

Everything is based on opinion, the problem is, is that Nox is just trying to make his opinion sound like a fact. If you like blue go for the 6000k like Nox pointed out, if you don't like that much of a blue go for around 5000k or even 4300k. But the website I pointed just gives me a peice of mind when ordering, they send a confirmation email right when you order and at times, you get the tracking number same day.

Just messin with ya Nox.

-Gdrag

Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by GDrag
Nox buddy,
What's wrong with the website I pointed out?

Everything is based on opinion, the problem is, is that Nox is just trying to make his opinion sound like a fact. If you like blue go for the 6000k like Nox pointed out, if you don't like that much of a blue go for around 5000k or even 4300k. But the website I pointed just gives me a peice of mind when ordering, they send a confirmation email right when you order and at times, you get the tracking number same day.

Just messin with ya Nox.

-Gdrag
Whoa, that site is pretty cheap. I thought when I clicked on it, it showed the HID kits at $150.

All of the kits sold are generic chinese brand, unless you go for actual name brand (i.e mccullouch) you can see the stickers differ on the same ballast / bulbs.

I wouldn't hesitate buying them from ddmtuning, I must of misread the price so I apologize for seeming "hostile"

I WOULD get the 4500k bulbs though. They'd be plenty blue enough.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Default Re: I Want Bluish Looking Luxury Bulbs In My Headlight, And Fog Lights ???

It really doesn't matter what brand you get becasue have ordered many many hid kits as I used to sell them and they used to be the chiniese ones they work exactly the same as the expensive ones.

By the way I have 10k's on my low beam on the xf and I regredit because i only see blue light at night and visibility sucks.

I got 8k on the fog lights and they are little less blue but still too much blue. Just letting you know. I would get white

Old 09-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Default Re: I Want Bluish Looking Luxury Bulbs In My Headlight, And Fog Lights ???

Old 09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular

Haha nice pic.

From ddmtuning I have both 6000k fog lights and 6000k headlights. My visibility is almost as good as the lights on a acura tl. I'm pretty happy about ordering from there, really easy install, took about 20 minutes for the headlights and 30 minutes for the foglights.