Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

a new and improved headlight lens - or not

Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: a new and improved headlight lens - or not

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
I finally got it. You want something like the new corvettes. Where it is all flush. I think that would be a nice idea but i dont see how you could mount it if one was ever made.
Believe the GT Styling covers were mounted with velcro.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
Is this closer to what you mean?

No. The shadow line on the bumper, just above the license plate, around the light on both sides back up to the hood.

Sorry I opened my big mouth.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 PM

Ok I know it's probably not what anyone's talking about, but since we're painting these pictures for potential headlights, I did this.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

Hmm if you want it down that far don't you think it would look like a bug? I mean literally a fly or something with big eyes? I don't think I like the idea anymore, but if our front bumper came out a big more, so that we can put the headlights integrated with the body, like the corvette's. That would be nice.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GDrag
Hmm if you want it down that far don't you think it would look like a bug? I mean literally a fly or something with big eyes? I don't think I like the idea anymore, but if our front bumper came out a big more, so that we can put the headlights integrated with the body, like the corvette's. That would be nice.
Needs a good photoshop by somebody, but have a look at your car with it in mind. Sleek, anti-Sebring appearance.

Thanks everyone for humoring me.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
Needs a good photoshop by somebody, but have a look at your car with it in mind. Sleek, anti-Sebring appearance.

Thanks everyone for humoring me.
I agree with you on the lights, for that matter the entire compromise of the front end as compared to the original concept with the vertical headlights. As was mentioned in https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ire-pimer.html Chrysler used the front of the Crossfire to be the "New Face of Chrysler".

I thought about a cover as you suggest, however adding an additional layer over the cover that is already there might cause some refraction and change the focus of the light. Also to make it fit the contours of the front end would require a mold. That can cost thousands.

My solution to the front end was to change the grille and smoke the lights (before anyone saya something about cutting down on the brllliance, I also added 6K HID lights). Originally my grille was polished SS, and the headlights had a film tint (a bear to get out all the bubbles partly because it is not really a flat surface).

Because my SRT6 is black, the powdercoated grille and spray tinted lights make the front end look "menacing" (though not in a blimp kind of way LOL)

Last edited by SRT SIX; 09-16-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

Looks great, SRT SIX. Sinister.

Again, all's that I am trying to do is get away from the Chrysler Caravan headlights. If somebody has time to go thru this nutty thread in their spare time and do a photoshop, that'd be swell.

Or not.