Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Chrome of Black Grill?
Keep the Grill in Chrome
84.85%
Paint the Grill Black
15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Please vote on your grill preference

Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Please vote on your grill preference

Day2 Updates
There are many factors in designing any grille; if the request was for the same grille with a bar down the center for example, cost would be minimal difference. The fact the grille design is different (thinner frame, possibly 1 piece, different material, etc). will require specific forming fixtures, welding jigs (for mounting brackets or studs); the cost is for these elements and others. stainless material is more expensive than aluminum. The finish could be brushed, polished, chrome or black chrome (more expensive in order).

will continue to keep updated please use the as a medium for conversation and ideas about this project.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,,I have a Black 2004 Crossfire and I really like the looks of the chrome Grill.. It looks great on the black car. Where did you find the grill? I would love to have one for mine! Thanks

Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, my 2 cents... If this could be done for 500 or less to include grill and lowers, I would be in. As much as I would love to have this, 695 would price me out. Thanks for your efforts to bring such a great looking product to the community.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the idea, but not the execution. The border around the mesh is WAY too wide. It makes the car look like it just came out of the movie Cars with a big mouth on the front of it. Make that border thin like in the first mesh grill photo posted in this thread, and then you'd have something!

At $695, though, I wouldn't buy it with thick or thin border.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And to answer FPs original quest:

CHROME THE WHOLE CAR!!!

See if you can find chrome rubber for the tires! And chrome leather for the seats! If you're gonna do, do it up right!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:11 PM

1. what would you pay to have a grille designed like picture1?

2. How many forum members Like the design of picture1?

it's a group discussion, we have a company that specialize in making grilles so the quality fitment would be there. proto-type needs to be made this company wants a miniumum order to start. I cant complain about that. if cost is a factor let's downgrade the material used like maybe brushed, or polished. but in order to get the balling rolling we need to decide on the first two question first

thanks forum members

Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by elite1
Hello forum members I'm Elite1 FP approached me with the project, which I think really gives the crossfire character that it already has just to the 2nd power.

I've found a reputable company to take on this project, you've already seen their work T-Rex Billet

my profile: Kevin Fleet been in the restyling business for 5 years importer of several companies overseas, STARTECH, REVERE LONDON Prior Design, and chrometec
Kevin, As much as I like this grill, $700 is more than I would want to pay for it. The t-rex grill is not a good comparison. That's already available, but don't care for it.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:26 PM

FP you showed a pic of a charger grille like this

media-1.jpg

media-2.jpg

which is made of ABS Plastic mesh grille tripple chrome plated.

i'd like to get a feedback from the forum if they like or not?

RI-72-GD-CHA06.jpg

Last edited by elite1; 10-25-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:48 PM
FP

Kevin, thanks for looking into this. I would tell this to the forum members; We have businessman here that is willing to venture on this project. As I see it, there are options for this grill; Real SS polished made in the USA, or a ABS plastic probably made in China.

Lets post our opinions on your preferences. I assume the plastic version is much cheaper than the SS version. If the price point is significantly less, I wouldn't mind it. The grill I have is also ABS plastic and has been very durable.

Kevin, can you help us understand the price difference? I think it should be completive with the grills that are available for the 300M, Charger or others.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm totally in favor of the ABS model... cheaper production and the finish looks identical to SS at half the weight. Not to mention I LOVE the egg-crate design (thicker mesh) like on the charger. I see thousands of those guys around the Boro, so they're very affordable yet they look very classy.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Hello Forum Members
I'm on the hunt for a company that is willing to create this grille for us, there is a huge difference between SS and ABS plastic tripple chromed plated. almost $400 difference what i've learned also believe it or not plastic injection mold processing is very expensive process that some manufactures arent willing to do. I kind of find it hard to believe with the obvious seen in todays grille contructions. I had to dig really deep to find who makes what? T-rex makes alot of private label grilles for companys . they arent the only company out there, but to actually get to the root is my focus point together we can make this possible...

Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 PM

I like the egg crate style, no outer trim and would prefer black to match the lower grill on the car.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:36 AM

WOULD THAT PRICE B FOR UPPER N LOWER GRILL .I WOUKD LIKE MINE WITHOUT THE CENTER SPLINE.DOES ANYBODY KNOW SOMEBODY WITH A CNC MACHINE OR HYDRA JET THEY MIGHT B ABLE TO MAKE IT.THE CNC MIGHT B ABLE 2 MAKE A SMALLER SORROUNDING FOR IT.MaY B SOMEBODY COULD CALL WESTCOAST CUSTOM AND TALK TO RYAN THEY MIGHT B ABLE TO MAKE ONE IF THEY CUOLD MAKE IT HE WILL PRODUCE IT .THEY MAKE EVERY THING JUS THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO B INTERESTED N EVERYBODY IS.IF ONLY I WAS BACK IN LA I WOULD STOP BY IN SEE IF THEY CUOLD MAKE .IM IN ATL,GA RIGHT NOW REALLY BUSY OR ELSE ILL MAKING CALLS N TRY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN GOOD LUCK TO US ALL HOPE WE GET A GRILL SOOOON.MY VOTE ELITE 1 ALL THE WAY WITHOUT CENTER SPLINE.

Last edited by kussh; 11-15-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

autoxclusive.com chrysler crossfire accessory accessories part body kit performa autoXclusive

We do a get a 15% discount with the discount code XF20

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
4.jpg (600.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
Hey there Gary, nice shot of the chrome grill on the SSB.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:54 AM
FP

Still the nicest looking grill IMO...

Old 11-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Hey there Gary, nice shot of the chrome grill on the SSB.
Yours is the best pic I've seen so far
Ordered mine yesterday

Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Gary, they're easy to install and look great after you're done.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM

Where are we on the Grill from Elite1?
Would be very interested but less than 700$, pls.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FP
I have decided on going with Pimptastic chrome wheels, and am considering painting my grill black, the same finish as the car, and black door handles. As to not over do it with the pimptastic chrome.

Please take the poll and give me your input.

A- Keep the chrome Grill
B- Paint the grill black
FP, all this depends on your preference. Contrary to many opinons there is such a thing as too much chrome. When I first began my bike project I made several addons and chrome dodads around but eventually it became clear that too much chrome takes away from the beauty. notice my before and after pics:

after with less chrome mainly fender stays and oil cover painted. However the wheels and engine casings are now chrome with a ton of other chromed out pieces in the right places....

Vtwin0004.jpg

Now she is more like a piece of art. THe chrome was nicely appointed and well you get the idea.

Now all of that being said black offers a little more latitude when it comes to chroming because the black is very reflective and similar to chrome thus you can get away with more but it must be tastefully done. ANd when I say tastefully I trust that you do not plan on putting that crazy mirror chrome cwap on your mirrors because that is tasteless under any circumstances. But I think that you can go either way but if you are going with the chrome wheel look (which I only like on Black xfires) then this may make sense and I had hoped that you were going to chrome your handles (do not put on those chrome insets another violation) and a little bling here and there.

In summary its up to you and what you like. Personally I like the understated look but like I said a black xfire with the right chrome can look pretty sweet. If you get the wheels finalized your grill decision will be easier.

Nate

Quick Reply: Please vote on your grill preference