Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Mesh side coves

Old 08-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mesh side coves

Yea, they look legit to me.

-Sam

Old 08-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he may have scammed people here but dans ebay score isnt bad. he has only had one negative response. ive bought from much worse.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Voyager
he may have scammed people here but dans ebay score isnt bad. he has only had one negative response. ive bought from much worse.
I've bought hundreds of items from eBay and most sellers seem basically honest. As for Dan, I found him very responsive to my questions, and he apparently rejected one production of these grilles as he claimed the ones he intended to send to me were "a bit large" so he had a new set made. I have no complaint for his service or his product.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by DICKBEE7631
Here are a couple of pictures taken 8/15/09. I use a 14MP SLR Pro Camera with Nikon Macro 60mm lens. The images I am posting are small JPGs to make it easier and quicker. If anyone wishes to see a magnified portion of any image, let me know I can create a closeup of any image I've taken.

I am convinced these grilles are solid stainless steel -- by the feel, the texture, the weight, the strength. One image shows a black plastic "pad" that will be installed behind the grille. I havent started install process as I need to get some supplies, namely double-sided adhesive tape to re-mount the silver strakes. I will photo the install process once I start.
What are you going to do about the 6 holes in each fender that will be exposed?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
What are you going to do about the 6 holes in each fender that will be exposed?
There are actually 8 holes in the fender associated with these grilles. 6 of the holes are related to the attachment of the strakes; two with the grille.

I expect to "refill" the 6 holes by reattaching the strakes; the other two will be covered by the new grille.

RAB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
crossfirefender no grill.jpg (316.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM

I see now what you mean, and good luck, truly....

I just put on some custom strakes myself and now that I know what you are trying to do, I think it will not only be a major pain in the ***, but the stainless look and the painted silver are never going to look right next to each other. Just my 0.02 keep us updated....

Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I see now what you mean, and good luck, truly....

I just put on some custom strakes myself and now that I know what you are trying to do, I think it will not only be a major pain in the ***, but the stainless look and the painted silver are never going to look right next to each other. Just my 0.02 keep us updated....
Thanks for your thoughts. I take it you think the removal of the existing will be a big pain? As for the strakes, I did make inquiry about acquisition of stainless ones, but was given a price I didnt want to spend. If anyone knows a source for these strakes, in anything but original finish, I'd be grateful to learn about them. Or sources to check...