Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New grille

Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New grille

Does anyone on the forum know of any grilles on the aftermarket for our car. If possible I would like to get a black honeycomb style grille. Think it would give a nice look to the front of the car and possibly put more air into the engine bay who knows?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: New grille

Here is a cheap grill, available at your local grocery store, Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart etc. Yours for the picking, take a steel one, plastic is not too good over the coals and the good thing is you can carry your charcoal home in it. It even has a warming rack and a chain for the bottle opener. When you are done just leave it at the curb, saves all that cleaning.

That is just one of the uses for these carts, another is to carefully cut out a new grille for your car. For this you need a brand new cart with good chrome, plenty of air flow as the restrictions are very slight.
I think your newly painted car, new wheels and body side moldings will look just grate, oops I meant great. The new engine will just be the icing on the cake. Have I missed anything out?

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-31-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is just wrong on several levels!

But I sure LMAO

Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is one sweet grille, I wonder if it bolts right up or if you have to modify anything?

I may order one of those babys tonight!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Here is a cheap grill, available at your local grocery store, Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart etc. Yours for the picking, take a steel one, plastic is not too good over the coals and the good thing is you can carry your charcoal home in it. It even has a warming rack and a chain for the bottle opener. When you are done just leave it at the curb, saves all that cleaning.

That is just one of the uses for these carts, another is to carefully cut out a new grille for your car. For this you need a brand new cart with good chrome, plenty of air flow as the restrictions are very slight.
I think your newly painted car, new wheels and body side moldings will look just grate, oops I meant great. The new engine will just be the icing on the cake. Have I missed anything out?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 AM

I see you got jokes. Ain't you got anything better to do lol. On a serious note you all never wondered how the car would look with a new grille on it. I know I'm new on here fairly so I'm gona get hazed but if I ever ran across you, you would think about it before you opened your mouth.

P.S. I'd didn't join the army to kill people; I just did it so I could do it legally....lol.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kenyonmjr6
I see you got jokes. Ain't you got anything better to do lol. On a serious note you all never wondered how the car would look with a new grille on it. I know I'm new on here fairly so I'm gona get hazed but if I ever ran across you, you would think about it before you opened your mouth.

P.S. I'd didn't join the army to kill people; I just did it so I could do it legally....lol.
One joke and you're threatening to kill us? Bwuahahahaha.... Spare us.

Aside from Burtman and the billet-style one on Ebay, you're outta luck. Unless you want to get creative, and the sky is the limit in that instance.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 AM

LOL. I had to knock the oldman off his soap box before it went to his head.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did a search on grilles for the Crossfire and found several posts on the subject. I like the billet grille the best.

Last edited by Bill F; 04-02-2009 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 AM

Hey thanks bill.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres one for you....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
E186CD.jpg (54.9 KB, 161 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 PM

I know some of you guys were joking around earlier when i asked about the grille. Silly thing is the one you referred to was without the e on the end. Guess they didn't teach that when you were learning on stone tablets...LMFAO... anyways I put a grille with a e on the end up here. I think that would look good with the chrysler emblem in the middle of it maybe who knows or just the plain grille looks nice too. Just want some feedback on it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1FT054-32300[1]_edited.jpg (50.8 KB, 116 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by kenyonmjr6
I know some of you guys were joking around earlier when i asked about the grille. Silly thing is the one you referred to was without the e on the end. Guess they didn't teach that when you were learning on stone tablets...LMFAO... anyways I put a grille with a e on the end up here. I think that would look good with the chrysler emblem in the middle of it maybe who knows or just the plain grille looks nice too. Just want some feedback on it.
LYFAO as much as you like, but I was just teasing you. But as you brought it up, Chrysler starts with a capital C and we always capitalize I.
I was just basing my reply on all the threads that you started or joined. They were: increasing the displacement to 4L, adding a Startech motor, changing the amp and head, adding side skirts, adding a C32 engine, new rims, muffler, painting the car, and now the grille, from what I see you just added the muffler.
I am wondering what you will start a thread on next.
I enjoy your posts though, gives me something to LMFAO ever day.

(That means I am just razzing you, no need to threaten to shoot me, your CO would not be amused.)

Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM

I'm here for your entertainment 180.

Last edited by kenyonmjr6; 04-01-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 PM

Got In Contact With K2 Motorsport And If They Get Some Emails Showing More Cf Owners Interrested They Will Produce A Clean Looking Grill Without That Thick Surrounding On It.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I offer both polished finish upper and lower SS mesh grilles. Also exclusive to a gloss black powdercoat version. Selling these on this forum for almost 2 years.

drop me a PM for more info

Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by kussh
Got In Contact With K2 Motorsport And If They Get Some Emails Showing More Cf Owners Interrested They Will Produce A Clean Looking Grill Without That Thick Surrounding On It.
that would be cool, I'm not a big fan of the surrounding

I remember a while back there was a picture of a highly customized roadster with a 1 off grille. The grille looked like a thicker (not as fine) mesh, was in-set more, and was about vertical rather than slanted (somewhat similar to a Bentley grille). The company was contacted about the car, but whoever contacted them was told that it was a 1 off, they had no idea where the car was, and they weren't interested in making another...

BUT if someone found a place to make a grille like the one from that picture, I would buy it for sure

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
That is one sweet grille, I wonder if it bolts right up or if you have to modify anything?

I may order one of those babys tonight!
Nice Grill. I used the bottom portion of a FL grocery buggie for a porta john. Removed the bottom rack. The two rails that extend upward that was intended to hold the basket,is now used as hand rails. Added a toliet seat. Used a home 180 degree below ground level metal foundation vent shield so I want pee on my pants leggs when setting down. The creative things deer hunters do when bored in the woods. Squirrel Crusher .... I'm sending myself to bed early for high jacking this thread.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 PM

I would love to put a racing grill...like

Old 04-16-2009, 04:11 PM

that grille is mean looking thats kind of wat i was thinking about but couldn't find the photo. we just need someone to make it for us. Maybe onehundred80 can do it since dont have anything better to do but crack jokes.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you talking about that top grill is so it looks like you could go to home depot or lowes and buy some screen like that. My grandfather uses it to sift out big rocks for the top soil in his garden but it looks the same. Just get it and cut it to size and then paint it with a rattle can. A total grill for less than 20 dollars.

Quick Reply: New grille