Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Completely Debadged...

Old 01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely Debadged...

Ok, before you all go crazy on me... I was just bored and did not find anything on the forum or any pictures about taking off the Chrysler logos. So, today I did it myself just to see what it would look like and to show everyone else.

Now, from the front... it looks like something is missing (obviously). I think it is a little easier on the eye without a big enormous chrome wings. And every time I see the new Sebrings I say "...CROSSFIRE!!!", now that is no longer the case. I slow down to see the rear of it lol. But anyway, it was not hard getting it off. A little floss, patience, WD-40 for the residue and it looks ok.

NOW... the rear. I think looks amazing. I am considering of keeping the rear as it is. Or possibly I will think of something to put there... I think it would look good filled in. The letters came off in literally 10 seconds with floss, not hard. Residue was a different story... it took a good hour or so for me to get rid of it and actually it is still there in halogen night/street lighting. Not so much in the sun. :S

Anyway, here are some pictures...

DSC00730.jpg

Rear, after i cleaned it up a little...
DSC00732.jpg

In the middle is a reflection... I did not screw up the paint lol
DSC00733.jpg

And the beauty shot!
DSC00731.jpg

I forgot to mention... I AM NOT LEAVING THE FRONT LIKE THAT. For now I am... but I think for the front I will blacken the chrome on the pieces. I am not sure yet. Maybe fabricate something to extend the hood lines to fill in the void there. I am not sure.

Last edited by mika33; 01-08-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Completely Debagged...

Damn! That does look nice. You're much braver than I. I'd love to do it, but would be afraid of totally screwing it up.

Are you going to put anything in the indentation in the rear? Or leave it as is?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so the back wing is just stuck on with 2x tape?

how does the front come off and would it be easy to get back on? i was thinking about painting mine black.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Damn! That does look nice. You're much braver than I. I'd love to do it, but would be afraid of totally screwing it up.

Are you going to put anything in the indentation in the rear? Or leave it as is?
Ya, I was not too worried about screwing up because I always thought if I did, I could just put it back on.

But for the rear, I would like it if the indentation was filled in... or to make it look like there was no emblem there. Looking at it now, it does seem a bit bare, but probably because I am used to all the lettering and emblems. Looks nice and clean now.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
so the back wing is just stuck on with 2x tape?

how does the front come off and would it be easy to get back on? i was thinking about painting mine black.
Ya, on the rear... I was really happy to see it was just adhered on to it. I did not feel like taking about the hatch trim lol.

The front was pretty easy to get off. If you open the hood and look underneath... they are just studs which are connected to the emblem and held on by little washer type things that are pressed fitted to the ends to prevent it from coming off. I think adhesive would have been enough as strong as that stuff is... MB went overkill to keep it on, then again it is pretty big.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

LOL. Had to go outside and look at my SRT to see exactly where the wing was on the back. I like what you've done and am looking forward to seeing what you do to finish it off.
Don't take too long we wanta see!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
LOL. Had to go outside and look at my SRT to see exactly where the wing was on the back. I like what you've done and am looking forward to seeing what you do to finish it off.
Don't take too long we wanta see!
That might be the problem... I drive back up to Illinois in one week and then starts a new semester of hell. Maybe this summer...

When I am up there I might send out my front emblem to be powder coated or black-chromed... I am not sure. But I cannot keep driving around with giant bolt holes in my hood. The rear I can live with though... I like it.

And I know the thread title is spelled wrong... I was never a good speller lol "debagged"... jeeze. Maybe a mod can change that in case someone searches for "debadged"

Last edited by mika33; 01-08-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mika33
That might be the problem... I drive back up to Illinois in one week and then starts a new semester of hell. Maybe this summer...

When I am up there I might send out my front emblem to be powder coated or black-chromed... I am not sure. But I cannot keep driving around with giant bolt holes in my hood. The rear I can live with though... I like it.

And I know the thread title is spelled wrong... I was never a good speller lol "debagged"... jeeze. Maybe a mod can change that in case someone searches for "debadged"
thanks for making this thread. Not to rip you off but I plan on having my wings powdercoated to match my new grilles.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Did this a few months ago when we were thinking about having new one's CNC'd without the emblem. Sad thing is, never did get them done right so it is still sitting there with nothing. The back looks kinda cool, almost like a bently but the front, not a chance.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 PM

Here is some shots of mine from earlier last year when they was black...

Now they are color matched with Andrew's emblems and look much nicer. Either way the chrome and silver has got to go.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

x justin, like the look of the car. Kind of sinister looking.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Forum Regular

Interesting, some possibilities there.

xjustin, that car looks sweet. I like the way it came together.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts
Default Re: Completely Debadged...

Andrew corrected the spelling here

Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular

Must be the generation gap or something, but I like chrome ! I think it looks cheap without any. Maybe it's because back in the day, (80s) they got rid of the chrome to save money and thats when you guys were still pups and thats what your used too?? Not trying to tick anyone off, just thinking out loud.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 AM

xjustin,

that car looks great, but my opinion is that it's missing something without being lowered. With the blacked out wheels and smoked lights, the stock ride height makes it look like a police cruiser.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
thanks for making this thread. Not to rip you off but I plan on having my wings powdercoated to match my new grilles.
No, it is good. I know a lot of people were interested in what the car would look like without the emblems. So I did it... I can always put them back on. And I think I will put the front one back on today until I figure what I really want to do with it. I still need to get a little sticky off the rear.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 AM

No, it is good. I know a lot of people were interested in what the car would look like without the emblems. So I did it... I can always put them back on. And I think I will put the front one back on today until I figure what I really want to do with it. I still need to get a little sticky off the rear.
Try using bug & tar remover, worked like a charm when I debadged my cars. What are you going to use to reattach them?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
Try using bug & tar remover, worked like a charm when I debadged my cars. What are you going to use to reattach them?
I will try that. I am going to go down the street to an Advanced Auto Parts and see what kind of adhesives they have. Or, I might just put it back on minus the adhesives using the washers and see if I can push them back on. If it is stable and rigid enough, I will do that since I am going to take it off soon again anyway. Then again since I am lazy I could just leave it off and be the word's junkiest Crossfire for awhile