Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Headlight leveler problem

Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight leveler problem

Hi there. Recently I changed the stock front headlight bulbs to Silverstars and noticed that the beams were projected straight down. I made sure the bulbs were seated correctly and then went ahead and used the leveler to adjust the vertical beam. The left worked great but when I went to fool around with the right leveler I must have gone beyond the limits of the leveler for the right side beam just dropped from a high position to a low position all of a sudden as I was twisting the leveler. I rechecked to make sure the bulb was seated correctly and it was. Now Im wondering if indeed the leveler was twisted beyond its high limit and how to insert the leveler back into its mechanism (inside the back of the headlight assembly)....not 100% certain this is the problem either for the beam does move just a little bit up and down when I turn on the leveler (just not as much up and down anymore). Any thoughts?