Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Chrysler Emblem

Old 08-31-2008 | 05:08 PM
Default Chrysler Emblem

Hi All!

Let me preface this with "yes, I already have the cool Crossfire decals".

One of my buddies is a custom metal fabricator and was looking where the Chrysler emblem is located on the hood and the tailgate and thought it would be cool if the plastic piece could be popped out to be replaced with a custom metal emblem. His idea was a Wilhelm Karmann badge, chromed or polished metal for the text and the rest powder coated to match the color of my car (black).

My question is: can the emblem be popped out or is it one piece with the Chrysler wings?

Old 08-31-2008 | 09:14 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Chrysler Emblem

The Chrysler emblem does pop out of the wings. There's a thread on it here somewhere. Lots of members have opted to either insert the MB Silver Star or the custom Crossfire emblems within the wings. I saw a post with either a Korean or Japanese plate with no wings or emblem whatsoever and I thought to myself, that'd make life easier when waxing...

Justin

Old 09-01-2008 | 03:03 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amcordo
Hi All!

Let me preface this with "yes, I already have the cool Crossfire decals".

One of my buddies is a custom metal fabricator and was looking where the Chrysler emblem is located on the hood and the tailgate and thought it would be cool if the plastic piece could be popped out to be replaced with a custom metal emblem. His idea was a Wilhelm Karmann badge, chromed or polished metal for the text and the rest powder coated to match the color of my car (black).

My question is: can the emblem be popped out or is it one piece with the Chrysler wings?
According to the "infamous" Dan that used to sell emblems on this forum, to replace the chrysler emblem, he recommended hitting the emblem with a screwdriver to crack it and then remove the pieces to avoid scratching or bending the silver Chrysler wing.

I didn't want to that so I installed Andrews emblem as I think you must have. It's my understanding that the Chrysler emblem is attached to the painted trunk surface with adhesive, and the Chrysler wing has a hole in it. The good thing about Andrew's emblem is all you have to do to get back to stock is peel the emblem off.

Last edited by chuck65; 09-01-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-01-2008 | 08:26 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

There's no painted surface behind either emblem - removing the factory emblems does take a leap-of-faith at first. Crack em' open from the center and you'll find that they are held in place with a glob of clear RTV.

Clean it all out and you will see there is a dimpled mound used to help them center the front emblem (but not on the rear emblem)

I ground the mound off and glued the new emblem(s) in place rather then use the two sided tape.

What I liked about these emblems is that they are glossy and you can customize the paint colors. I used silver for the circle, gold for the letters (Testers model paint) and Aero Blue touch up paint for the Xfire outline.

Look forward to seeing your custom metal emblems...

Old 09-02-2008 | 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
There's no painted surface behind either emblem - removing the factory emblems does take a leap-of-faith at first. Crack em' open from the center and you'll find that they are held in place with a glob of clear RTV.

Clean it all out and you will see there is a dimpled mound used to help them center the front emblem (but not on the rear emblem)

I ground the mound off and glued the new emblem(s) in place rather then use the two sided tape.

What I liked about these emblems is that they are glossy and you can customize the paint colors. I used silver for the circle, gold for the letters (Testers model paint) and Aero Blue touch up paint for the Xfire outline.

Look forward to seeing your custom metal emblems...
Sounds pretty easy, thanks for the walkthrough!

Where did you get yours made? They look great; can they be custom printed?

Old 09-02-2008 | 07:54 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by amcordo
Sounds pretty easy, thanks for the walkthrough!

Where did you get yours made? They look great; can they be custom printed?
Contact Dan Root at danwanpen@aol.com.