Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Headlight Bulb vs. HID conversion

Old 06-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Bulb vs. HID conversion

Originally Posted by waldig
I added two sets of HID and love the effect. There is a high beam delay but I use them when going faster and have not had any issue. When you pop them on they do tend to flash at start-up which gets the attention. For Deers which I hate; the combination of high and low really gets out there and since they are so efficient I have both sets as 35 watt ratings. They are stated to be about 3 times the brightness for the same wattage, and are plenty brite.

Actually when you need the light is in the daytime to flash the dude thats too close and the same start-up delay is in effect. I got bigger horns for that too.

In the old days when I ran a heavily modified Pinto I hooked the lights to the horn for easy attention. On the east coast, driving, that was way good on a few occasions...............

To improve on that with the old incandescent lamps I also added a relay so that the LOW beam came on with the HIGH beam to get better lighting. NEVER lost a filament and the combination was really good, FOR BACK IN THE DAY. They were TWICE AS BRIGHT, same color light though.

ENJOY WOODY Too brite.......
Great. Thanks