Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.
View Poll Results: Which view do you think shows your cars best personality?
I like looking at it from the - Front (view)
16.28%
I like looking at it from the - Rear (view)
47.67%
I like looking at it from the - Side (view)
51.16%
I like looking at it from the - Top (view)
8.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions about Your Crossfire's Body Style

Old 08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Opinions about Your Crossfire's Body Style

Depending on which angle you look at it, your Crossfire could take on multiple personalities (at least that’s my opinion).

Old 08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Opinions about Your Crossfire’s Body Style

This is not intended as a cop-out, but I think the car looks great from any angle. The reason is that the body of the car is a skillful merging of two strong shapes. The wide front fenders taper to the rear and (on the coupe) the roofline and side glass continue the taper right to the rear bumper. Meanwhile, the wide and muscular looking rear of the car tapers toward the front, disappearing completely at the side strakes. Adding tension and tautness to the skin is a finely creased edge that runs from the taillights to the front wheelwell. As the dividing line between the two tapers, this edge reveals the exact point where the two shapes intersect right below the side mirrors. Here, seen as an enlongated "x," the horizontal top surface of the rear fender suddenly inverts to form the shadow detail above the strake. Also, the raised ridge that runs from the front splitter to the rear bumper is like the spine of an animal, a beast ready to spring forward. From bumper to bumper the designers have integrated these two shapes into a single form that is the embodiment of power, speed, and grace. I find it absolutely beautiful from every angle.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
This is not intended as a cop-out, but I think the car looks great from any angle. The reason is that the body of the car is a skillful merging of two strong shapes. The wide front fenders taper to the rear and (on the coupe) the roofline and side glass continue the taper right to the rear bumper. Meanwhile, the wide and muscular looking rear of the car tapers toward the front, disappearing completely at the side strakes. Adding tension and tautness to the skin is a finely creased edge that runs from the taillights to the front wheelwell. As the dividing line between the two tapers, this edge reveals the exact point where the two shapes intersect right below the side mirrors. Here, seen as an enlongated "x," the horizontal top surface of the rear fender suddenly inverts to form the shadow detail above the strake. Also, the raised ridge that runs from the front splitter to the rear bumper is like the spine of an animal, a beast ready to spring forward. From bumper to bumper the designers have integrated these two shapes into a single form that is the embodiment of power, speed, and grace. I find it absolutely beautiful from every angle.

A...yeah, what he said.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:56 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

So true. well put in such a poetic style.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Me three. What he said.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:12 PM

Me four... what he said (I think he likes the XFire )

Old 08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, are you the guy that describes the food choices in those fancy restaurant menu's? I'd like to hear you read that, I'll bet you sound like that movie trailer guy. Nice job fastfunfor2.

Last edited by chuck65; 08-08-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Forum Regular

I like looking at the Crossfire from a rear quarter view.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This makes me want to go out a buy another one.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted "From the Side"

From the rear, you can see how the hole for the license plate is not made for an american car, like the prototype:

vs:

But, from the front, it looks similar to a sebring.

From the side, it looks like nothing else on the road:

Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Forum Regular

I vote 'Fastfunfor2' our Official Spokesperson, lol

Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM

fastfunfor2

That was good - very nice flow to it and necessary to read a few times like a fine wine. How about a follow-up description of a beatutiful woman.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

I have not yet found a view angle of my Crossfire that I do not like.
But my favorite view would have to be from the driver's seat, top down and a curvey, uninterrupted, blacktop stretched out seductively in front.

Roadster with a stick

BTW Is it me or do others feel like a cigarette after they read FastFunfor2's post.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 08-08-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by TBird
I vote 'Fastfunfor2' our Official Spokesperson, lol
Please allow me to second that vote !!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I have not yet found a view angle of my Crossfire that I do not like.
But my favorite view would have to be from the driver's seat, top down and a curvey, uninterrupted, blacktop stretched out seductively in front.

Roadster with a stick

BTW Is it me or do others feel like a cigarette after they read FastFunfor2's post.
Even better when you have a curvey, golden-tanned lady beside you, grabbing your arm as you zip around the winding roads on a hillside.

And to heck with a cigarette, I lit up a Oliva Serie V corona...

Old 08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Even better when you have a curvey, golden-tanned lady beside you, grabbing your arm as you zip around the winding roads on a hillside.

And to heck with a cigarette, I lit up a Oliva Serie V corona...
I could go for that.

roadster with a stick

Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Someone once asked a wise man to define happiness...

"Happiness", the man replied, "is a good cigar, and a good woman. Or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness one can handle"

This, is literary brilliance.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:18 AM

Oh yea...Reading this I had to get my sock out.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:53 AM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Oh yea...Reading this I had to get my sock out.
This is a two socker

Old 08-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this was intense. why dont you post more?

Quick Reply: Opinions about Your Crossfire's Body Style