Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Help

Old 07-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help

While cleaning the Crossfire today I noticed that the car has had body work done on it that I didn't notice before. On the passenger side I found some very faint grind marks like the door.It looks like filler was applied and then ground down and painted. On the back fender I noticed some very light overspray. I noticed the overspray before and thought it was something minor from the factory, now I know it was from the bodywork.

Here's the deal. I bought the car used, gave it the lookover and somehow missed the bodywork. Whoever did it did a very good job. The Crossfire was certified, warrented, and came with a Carfax report saying that the car had not been involved in an accident.

I have a call into the dealer and they said they would discuss it and get back to me. They have not seen the car yet and if they want to I'll have to drive 80 miles down to Lima Ohio.

Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help

Sorry to hear Chuck.

CARFAX report - As far as I know doesn't report anything unless there's a police report involved (i.e. insurance claim). You know how some people get into a mild accident and say, "let's not go through insurance, just pay me $xxx and I'll fix it"? That never goes into the CARFAX.

Certified - Not sure what this means. It varies.

Warranty - Probably not going to help.

Attorney - Would have to prove that the seller actively concealed latent defects in order to deceive the buyer with regards to the value of the automobile.

Right now I just hope that you get some redress from the dealer by being nice.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If as you state, whoever did it, did a very good job then what's the big deal? My car was hit when it was parked and it was fixed just fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over it and I don't understand why you're making a big deal about this.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 PM

If you bought it from Tom Ahl in Lima it wouldn't surprise me. I bought an 05 Xfire from them that had a carfax and was Chrysler certified and was told the car should not have passed inspection by 2 other dealerships. To this day the car is not running correctly, but I have lost faith in the technicians ability and the dealerships honesty to let them fix it.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlG
If as you state, whoever did it, did a very good job then what's the big deal? My car was hit when it was parked and it was fixed just fine. I'm not going to lose sleep over it and I don't understand why you're making a big deal about this.
Your right but it's just like finding out you didn't marry a virgin kind of thing. I would have liked to have known that my Crossfire was a loose woman before I bought her. I think sororonos spelled it out pretty well, thanks sonoronos. I don't think I will be able to make a big deal out of this. I was told that the car had no accidents but the disclaimer is that "not that they have been informed of" like sonsronos said some people have the car fixed off the record because of insurance.

Thanks

Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yellow Fire
If you bought it from Tom Ahl in Lima it wouldn't surprise me. I bought an 05 Xfire from them that had a carfax and was Chrysler certified and was told the car should not have passed inspection by 2 other dealerships. To this day the car is not running correctly, but I have lost faith in the technicians ability and the dealerships honesty to let them fix it.
It was Tom Ahl. Other than this issue they have been OK. When you buy used I guess it's still Buyer Beware. When I was informed that the car had not been in any accidents they were quoting Car Fax. I guess I'm still learning life lessons at 65.

Thanks for your input and good luck with your issues.