Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Blinkers don't work?? Need help PLEASE!

Old 07-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blinkers don't work?? Need help PLEASE!

Anyone have any ideas why my blinkers would suddenly stop working? They previously stopped working, then started again like 10 minutes later.. did that 3 times now... but right now they don't work AT all and has been like this for a few hours.. even after driving around.. I checked the fusebox.. I have no idea whats going on but I need some help!? ;(

Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blinkers don't work?? Need help PLEASE!

Just taking a quickie peek at the Coupe service manual it looks like it could be several things. Fuse #4 in the Underhood Accessory fuse box controls the blinkers. That's the fuse box located on the drivers side, in the engine area; a longish looking box.
The manual also lists the body control module & the illumination control module as possible issues along with the Multifunction sw. (also known as the turn signal lever).
The illumination control module is located behind the dash on the left side of the steering column, the body control module is stuck in the same box as our ECU; on the passenger side.
I'd try replacing the fuse first. If that doesn't work, pop off the cover to the ECU & gently wiggle the boards inside. Make sure all of the connectors on the boards are seated decently.
Good luck, Nox & keep us posted!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurts
Just taking a quickie peek at the Coupe service manual it looks like it could be several things. Fuse #4 in the Underhood Accessory fuse box controls the blinkers. That's the fuse box located on the drivers side, in the engine area; a longish looking box.
The manual also lists the body control module & the illumination control module as possible issues along with the Multifunction sw. (also known as the turn signal lever).
The illumination control module is located behind the dash on the left side of the steering column, the body control module is stuck in the same box as our ECU; on the passenger side.
I'd try replacing the fuse first. If that doesn't work, pop off the cover to the ECU & gently wiggle the boards inside. Make sure all of the connectors on the boards are seated decently.
Good luck, Nox & keep us posted!
Tried checking the fuses & reseating the ECU stuff.. no go. My hazard lights dont work either, no idea what's going on with that.. gonna take it to the dealer..

Thanks for all the info Kurts, I def. appreciate it..!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:24 PM

Hazard too, huh? Interesting since it's all blinker related.
Let us know what the dealer has to say. Hopefully it won't take forever to get repaired.
I almost forgot, a couple of other things too: in addition to the illumination control module & the body control module we also have the module control module, the module control module module AND, not to forget; the frustration control module which is located directly in front of the steering wheel.
I'm thinking perhaps some of Franc Rauscher's Blinky Blinker Fluid could help here!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Check with Franc, he has blinker fluid on sale...I just got mine in the mail....promo.....

Old 07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Check with Franc, he has blinker fluid on sale...I just got mine in the mail....promo.....
Only purchase top brand fluid!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM

If you have the Radio Shack CHIRP Mod you might want to check the relay where you hooked up. Or at least remove the Radio Shack piezoelectric buzzer before you take it in to the dealer.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

oh no, Franc has competition...seriously...if it isn't a fuse, or wire disconnected at the panel...it could be anywhere from column on down....just takes some good ole' diagnostic searching...w/ a test light or meter...