Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Crossfire Turn Signal Mirrors!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Turn Signal Mirrors!

I really do not care for them, I think it is more of a mod you would do on a truck than on a car.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Crossfire Turn Signal Mirrors!

I really like them! They look hot! They are really classy! like on the sl500.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 PM

I've searched and searched and can't seem to find an answer for my question (yea, old thread bump but relevant). I'm trying to wire extra turn signals and I can't seem to find where in the world I connect the wires; can anyone post a diagram or give me a relatively detailed description of where I should be plugging the wires?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by live2drive
I've searched and searched and can't seem to find an answer for my question (yea, old thread bump but relevant). I'm trying to wire extra turn signals and I can't seem to find where in the world I connect the wires; can anyone post a diagram or give me a relatively detailed description of where I should be plugging the wires?
Wrong link given.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Is this any help?
Click.
Unfortunately it is not. The link for the blinker issue on the repair thread actually leads to the pdf about replacing headlight bulbs. I've looked at that thread already

Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Unfortunately it is not. The link for the blinker issue on the repair thread actually leads to the pdf about replacing headlight bulbs. I've looked at that thread already
Sorry, hit the wrong one.
Try this.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Sorry, hit the wrong one.
Try this.
I'm actually hooking up my signals in the front of the car and I'd prefer not to run cables all the way back to the rear if I can help it. I found this post in another thread but I have 3 wires, one is a ground wire, one stays on a constant current and the other is for the current only sent when using the signal. I'm not exactly sure which wires get spliced to which wires and for the life of me I can't seem to disconnect the connector.

Originally Posted by FUBU
Side marker convert 2 indicator ONLY

Here is how I did it.

BEWARE: Always when doing electrical on cars take off the positive pole on the battery.

1. open up the front side markers
2. remove housing and lamp
3. cables (BROWN) and (RED AND GREY) on one side, and (BROWN) and (BLACK/GREY) on the other. See schematics and pictures.
4. the actual matter on how to do this the easiest way should be up to you. But simply, from the LEFT headlamp assembly, there is a connector. disconnect it.
5. Connect a cable to the BLACK/GREEN cable and simply connect it with the side marker.
6. Do the same on the RIGHT head lamp assembly where the cable is BLACK/WHITE and connect it to the other side marker. BEWARE: Funny enough there is a cable that is WHITE/BLACK. To decide which on it is, look for position "1" on the connector housing. the rubber around it is blue. should be top left when looking at the connections.

Voila!

HINT: Before taping up and start soldering and all, please check that everything is working properly.

If you solder, cut and twirl cables, use tape, I guess many ways of doing this is possible.

Also, I guess if you want the side markers to work as normal (illuminated at all times) AND be used as an indicator, try the above procedure BUT keep the original cables (RED/GREY) and (BLACK/GREY) but just connect the BLACK/WHITE and BLACK/GREEN aswell. It may work.

Regards,

FUBU

BTW. My 555th POST!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 PM

I'm actually hooking up my signals in the front of the car and I'd prefer not to run cables all the way back to the rear if I can help it. I found this post in another thread but I have 3 wires, one is a ground wire, one stays on a constant current and the other is for the current only sent when using the signal. I'm not exactly sure which wires get spliced to which wires and for the life of me I can't seem to disconnect the connector.
So did you figure out an easy way to wire the LED mirror indicators? Is there not a turn singal fuse in the box in engine compartment or drivers side fuse panel where you could tap the positive wire (turn singal) to it and ground the black and get the turn signals in teh mirrors powered?

I'm goign to attempt to add these aftermarket LED mirror indicators

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....E:L:OC:CA:1123

to my mirrors so any advise on wiring is appreciated?

I will document and post the attempt to let everyone know if they work.