Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

••ü•• Angel eyes Inquiry

Old 05-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ••ü•• Angel eyes Inquiry

Looking to see if there is interest in the product.
We started selling a few to local guys but have not had the chance to get photos of them on the car.

Our angel eyes are not thin (breakable) ccfl rings.
Our angel eyes are encapsulated.
We have sizes fro your cars.

BUT, we don't know if your headlights bake open like all the other easy to do cars like the Nissan Altima, Maxima, G35/G37, and many others.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here's a sampling of what we've been able to do:

Old 05-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: ••ü•• Angel eyes Inquiry

I would be interested. I also understand that the Crossfire headlamp assemblies are a bit tougher to bake apart than most.

Let us know!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 PM

if you know of anyone in the bay area, please let them know we are in Concord, CA

Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 PM

I wouldn't mind the "eyes" on my car as well. Two questions for you. 1. Can you wire it on a seperate switch so I can turn them off and on at my convenience. 2. Can you make them of any color, hence the first questions so I dont get harassed by the PD.
The headlight assembly looks a bit tougher than most I've seen

Old 05-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Wiring is to a separate switch or parking lights.

We only offer white.

Unfortunately, the assembly does require drilling, we have an inhouse service we offer for this.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: ••ü•• Angel eyes Inquiry

I would also be interested in this, could I send you a set of headlamps and you do the installation and then ship them back back to me?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested. Would there be a core exchange? Also what are your projected prices?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:21 PM

Core exhange wouldn't really be possible because most old lights (at least 6 months) look a whole lot worse than the "new" lights we'd provide you. So it wouldn't be a fair swap.

More likely scenario is you would send in your lights and we would do the work.
Total for the complete project would be $599, but $399 intro for first 20 people.
that would include shipping, handling, install, and parts.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by umnitza1
Wiring is to a separate switch or parking lights.

We only offer white.

Unfortunately, the assembly does require drilling, we have an inhouse service we offer for this.
Where are you located?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Where are you located?
profile updated.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 AM

I would be deff intersted. If you do the install of the lights, than oveously we would be responsible to install a switch and wiring. And those are quite some steep prices for us having to finish the install. I would consider 200. Tops 250 if you send a prepaid package to ship the lights in.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sinners
I would be deff intersted. If you do the install of the lights, than oveously we would be responsible to install a switch and wiring. And those are quite some steep prices for us having to finish the install. I would consider 200. Tops 250 if you send a prepaid package to ship the lights in.
the lights take 6 hours to do. We normally charge $50 an hour for this work.
The angel eyes are $125.
The shipping back and forth is $25-30 each way.
Parts to make sure everything is done properly are $20 per headlight.

So you get $495. I see that $599 was a typo, it was supposed to be $499.

In any case, the $399 means we knock off $100 on it (which is basically free shipping both ways and some other parts).

Old 05-27-2008, 11:39 PM

Hmm... This is very cool mod, however on the 7 series forum there has been alot of problems with the light intensity and the colors being more purple than white versus another vendor, have these problems been rectified? 400.00 is quite a bit for something that won't be as bright as the next guys... Of course, in the case of the XFire no one else is doing them yet so I guess it will be a wait and see deal to see what they end up looking like in person.

Here's a snap borrowed from the 7ers... The left is the Umnitza kit and the right is the competing vendor.

Last edited by Playdrv4me; 05-27-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
Hmm... This is very cool mod, however on the 7 series...
First and foremost, you are comparing 2 totally unrelated products. The "7 series" forum is for 745/750 cars that have existing and pre-built angel eyes with fiber optics in them. this requires a small high powered LED bulb to power them.

Just looking at the picture you posted shows that the product is a) not the same as the one offered here - or evidenced by the photos above and b) that the products are virtually identical (and ours is $149, while their's is $300 for a little light bulb made in Korea).

If you are going to post comparisons, be accurate and not misleading.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by umnitza1
First and foremost, you are comparing 2 totally unrelated products. The "7 series" forum is for 745/750 cars that have existing and pre-built angel eyes with fiber optics in them. this requires a small high powered LED bulb to power them.

Just looking at the picture you posted shows that the product is a) not the same as the one offered here - or evidenced by the photos above and b) that the products are virtually identical (and ours is $149, while their's is $300 for a little light bulb made in Korea).

If you are going to post comparisons, be accurate and not misleading.
There is nothing misleading about what I posted. Your brand name should be able to stand on it's own merits regardless of what it is that you're trying to sell. So far, it isn't doing so great on the other board so it would be pretty shitty of me to see a vendor trying to sell similar products here and ignore feedback I've seen elsewhere that might help members who don't know Umnitza from a hole in the ground at THIS board.

A simple explanation regarding the difference between the (weak) LED technology and the CCFL's you're offering here is all that was necessary to convince me the Crossfire solution might work alot better. No need to throw accusations around and get defensive. It isn't as if I'm trying to sell angel eye kits, just looking out for other board members.

My primary concern stems from the fact that the photos you show above are either taken in very low light (the first two), or appear to be enhanced (the G35 at the bottom) to improve the apparent brightness of the rings. I've seen some REALLY dim rings in the past that were not worth the glass they were made out of (CCFLs not LEDs). They may have been the thinner more easily "breakable" kind you mentioned in your first post.

Last edited by Playdrv4me; 05-28-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
There is nothing misleading about what I posted. Your brand name should be able to stand on it's own merits regardless of what it is that you're trying to sell. So far, it isn't doing so great on the other board so it would be pretty shitty of me to see a vendor trying to sell similar products here and ignore feedback I've seen elsewhere that might help members who don't know Umnitza from a hole in the ground at THIS board.

A simple explanation regarding the difference between the (weak) LED technology and the CCFL's you're offering here is all that was necessary to convince me the Crossfire solution might work alot better. No need to throw accusations around and get defensive. It isn't as if I'm trying to sell angel eye kits, just looking out for other board members.

My primary concern stems from the fact that the photos you show above are either taken in very low light (the first two), or appear to be enhanced (the G35 at the bottom) to improve the apparent brightness of the rings. I've seen some REALLY dim rings in the past that were not worth the glass they were made out of (CCFLs not LEDs). They may have been the thinner more easily "breakable" kind you mentioned in your first post.
Your post is misleading because it talks about a completely different technology, one not offered for this product. Therefore, it's an unrelated comment.

If you really wanted people to know about Umnitza, you could also take the time to point out at least 200 other threads and comments about our very successful product lines from Predator Chromium, Predator Xenix, Predator ICE, and the newly introduced Orion. Instead, you chose to go onto one thread about 1 product that is unrelated. So yes, I'm defensive () when it comes to people portraying information inaccurately. It's the internet and if not kept in check, it spirals in the wrong direction with the wrong impressions.

Your primary concern is also an assumption that is additionally incorrect. If you claim to let people know about Umnitza, then you would know that all our angel eyes are daytime visible, reliable, and designed with the utmost care for maximum reliability.

If anyone wishes to go into detail, we have an Angel Eyes FAQ on our site, they are available here:
http://www.umnitza.com/information.php?info_id=6

Also, if you wanted people to know about Umnitza on the same forum:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...hlight=umnitza

And on another forum:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/itrader.php?u=1644

If you have genuine interest in the product, which it appears you do, perhaps we can set the tone differently and go at it as a Q&A sessions, rather than where it seems to be heading...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular

i would def. be interested in it it it is like you say and is a very good product, is it possible for you to do a crossfire and post some pics in the daytime and at night, i would be interested in sending my headlights in to have them done but how long would that take as this car is my daily driver, i live upstate ny, 13357 zip. and how much are we talking exactly.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates on this? Did anyone have them installed?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, A couple of us are looking into a group buy through a different vendor unless your willing to talk on price. Say tuned for details.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by TBird
FYI, A couple of us are looking into a group buy through a different vendor unless your willing to talk on price. Say tuned for details.
I'm sure AAC is very interested in doing this.
the problem with their product is it's usually ONLY a bare ring, frankly, I think it is old and tired looking.

The way to do it is a full complete ring with encapsulation.

We're willing to talk price and will do a kit for anyone for half price ($99 for the rings).

Quick Reply: ••ü•• Angel eyes Inquiry