Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Anyone interested in an actual carbon fiber hood?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone interested in an actual carbon fiber hood?

as long as its how you want it then all is good i guess. . just for me to see a crossfire driving down the street with a hood scoop isn't gonna do it, i would not even know what to think i guess. I just am not a fan of the hood scoop on a car like this, it has to be an old muscle car to have a hood scoop in my eyes, or certain cars i guess. hoodscoop in my eyes just doesn't fit the crossfire i guess. now i on the other hand think that a carbon fiber hood with a set of side vents on each side of it would look hott on a crossfire, and i like the lines on the stock hood. I like to see nice clean looking cars, if its a honda and its clean i will say yeah it looks nice, but then if i see a honda witha a stupid body kit and hood scoop and all that i just think that is stupid and is pure rice. Everyone has a taste and an opinion so go with it.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tyler, I don't know how old your are but as you can see, I'm 57, and when you think about it, all of the "American" high performance cars of my youth, Sports/Muscle/Pony cars, (it didn't matter) "ALL" of them came with some sort of hood bulge, or scoop. With that being said, I've made it very clear since I've been on this forum that (at least to me) the Crossfire is everything the AMX once was, only newer, and better. See:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=9100
So that's probably the biggest reason I chose to install a scoop on my Crossfire. To me, it's only natural.
You are by no means alone with your opinions. It seems to me, that most of the forum members who have voiced a "negative" opinion about my hood, have been younger (teens and 20's). But that's not to say everyone over 30 likes it either. It just seems the younger crowd tends to go a different direction, and really now, isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Last edited by +fireamx; 06-15-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Forum Regular

how are you comparing those 2 cars

Old 06-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
how are you comparing those 2 cars

Tyler...if you don't see the obvious similarities, then I really don't know what else I can tell ya, except that I own examples of both cars, and they seem very similar to me.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:08 AM
dnr

I have not been here for quite awhile, and I was just wondering if anybody has come up with a carbon fiber hood yet for the XF?
I don't care if it looks stock, or if it has slats, or no grooves, or vents, or even some sort of scoop. I would just like to have something lighter than what we have now.
Since I've been gone, I figured somebody would have come up with something by now.
Is there anybody else out there that feels the same way as I do, or am I all by myself on this?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:52 PM

A little tip. Make sure you use hood pins. It wasn't very funny watching a guy make a run down a drag strip with his hood splitting in two.

I used cylinder keyed locking hood pins on my old Scion xB. ABS Dynamics has Chrysler listed but no vehicles as of yet. They were one of my sponsors.