Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members

Old 03-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members

I'm not in a big hurry, if I can avoid paying the extra $15.00 I would (That's almost 1/4 a tank of gas ) but if we have to I'm not going to cry about it either.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Am I part of the fisrt shipment???

Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 PM

[quote=SRT SIX]No problems with fitment. Installation is quite easy using the existing mounting points. I will get exact warranty info and post.]

I have one of your lower units but have had little time to install it. I took a look today at the directions and I see it affixes to the original plastic mesh grill. Can you elaborate please on how that original is removed? I stuck a long flat blade screwdriver into the hole at the outer end of one unit and I dont seem to be able to find whatever device is present there that I have to unattach. Do you have any sketches, details, suggestions on removing the factory mesh grill units? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Old 03-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you get this off eBay from Grille4U? Someone else?

Check your owners manual. It shows how to remove the stock lower grille by inserting the "multi-tool" or screwdriver in the rectangular slot at the outside end of the grille and just pry out. It comes out easily as it is only held in place by pressure tabs.

Hope this helps...Now as to mounting the new grille over the original, good luck, if you got it from others. The factory instructions are...how do they say, uhmm...WRONG! My grilles ship with correct instructions.

[quote=DICKBEE7631]
Originally Posted by SRT SIX
No problems with fitment. Installation is quite easy using the existing mounting points. I will get exact warranty info and post.]

I have one of your lower units but have had little time to install it. I took a look today at the directions and I see it affixes to the original plastic mesh grill. Can you elaborate please on how that original is removed? I stuck a long flat blade screwdriver into the hole at the outer end of one unit and I dont seem to be able to find whatever device is present there that I have to unattach. Do you have any sketches, details, suggestions on removing the factory mesh grill units? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Last edited by SRT SIX; 03-16-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular

i too am wondering if i am part of the first shipment or whats going on

Old 03-16-2008, 11:14 PM

Sorry for all the confusion. As stated my supplier greatly underestimated the demand for the grilles and as a result did not initially bring enough in. I was only able to get 3 sets for immediate shipment. The 3 individuals were the first to order and have already paid. I do not like to bill in advance of knowing the product is available. If you did not get an invoice via paypal, you will be in the next shipment.

I am checking first thing monday on the validity of the info I received Friday about another shipment coming in this week by air. There will be a premium of $15 per grille. I am negotiating that now. If it winds up being $15 per set, I will eat the $15 and attempt to get the grilles this week. If that is the case, I will be sending out paypal invoices immediately. When you pay the invoice PLEASE include your forum name and phone number. I will ship these as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and patronage,

Karl

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
i too am wondering if i am part of the first shipment or whats going on

Old 03-18-2008, 12:16 AM

It is a non-negotiable $30 per set for the next group by air. That is a no go! The next container load is suppossed to be here in 2-3 weeks.

Make sure I have your email and phone number. I will notify you all as soon as I get word on delivery.

Karl

Old 03-18-2008, 01:05 AM

LOL I'll pay the extra $15. What the hell is wrong with this forum? $15? Seriously people 15$$$??? LOL

Old 03-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Forum Regular

Wouldn't bother me to pay the extra $15.00 either. Like I said earlier, if it meant having to wait a liitle longer to save the $15.00 I would because I'm not in a big hurry.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:44 PM

[quote=SRT SIX]Did you get this off eBay from Grille4U? Someone else?

Check your owners manual. It shows how to remove the stock lower grille by inserting the "multi-tool" or screwdriver in the rectangular slot at the outside end of the grille and just pry out. It comes out easily as it is only held in place by pressure tabs.

Hope this helps...Now as to mounting the new grille over the original, good luck, if you got it from others. The factory instructions are...how do they say, uhmm...WRONG! My grilles ship with correct instructions.]

I guess my manual is missing that page...I went through it page by page; no mention of the lower grille at all, unless I some how missed it. Same with the two-volume service manual, that shows them but doesnt say anything about them.

I bought it from grille4u---the instructions supplied have illustrations that are barely legible. The directions, otherwise, seem straight forward. I'll let you know if I have any other problems.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Hope this helps...Now as to mounting the new grille over the original, good luck, if you got it from others. The factory instructions are...how do they say, uhmm...WRONG! My grilles ship with correct instructions.]

OK...I double-checked and indeed, I bought mine from Grille4u via eBay. With your added notes here, I figured out how the original lower grilles come out...no problem. However, I'm a bit baffled by the parts supplied with the grilles. The grilles have internally threaded studs mounted at both ends. Yet, with the grilles came nuts -- not bolts to thread into those studs -- along with some spacer pieces. I just happened to have two small bolts that fit the studs so got one unit mounted and it looks GREAT! Took 5 minutes. Now I have to locate two more bolts for the other side. How was I to use the lock nuts, the two large black plastic snap plugs?

Old 03-18-2008, 06:22 PM

I think I made an invalid assumption that you were grille4u...reviewing your postings I suspect that my assumption was wrong. I apologize for my confusion. Regardless of who provided my grille, and I think it was made by the same fabricator as yours, they are nice units. I presume your kits have the appropriate parts for installation.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:50 PM

SRT, please supply mine iwth both the wide and the thin chrome strips so that I can decide.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:55 PM

Both Grille4U and my grilles are the same. They are made by APS. I am certain G4U is a subsidiary of APS. APS only sells wholesale so they are using the Grille4U name to sell on eBay.

As I mentioned the grilles from me come with the correct hardware and instructions. This is because I also got their instructions and parts and discovered they were wrong. As a result my grilles ship with the corrected instructions and parts.

Glad I was able to help somewhat.

[quote=DICKBEE7631]
Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Did you get this off eBay from Grille4U? Someone else?

I think I made an invalid assumption that you were grille4u...reviewing your postings I suspect that my assumption was wrong. I apologize for my confusion. Regardless of who provided my grille, and I think it was made by the same fabricator as yours, they are nice units. I presume your kits have the appropriate parts for installation.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 PM

Will do....

Originally Posted by MAYAman
SRT, please supply mine iwth both the wide and the thin chrome strips so that I can decide.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Forum Regular

I wasn't aware that there is an option of wide or thin chrome strips, are you speaking of the chrome strip that surrounds the outer edge of the grille, or are you talking about the center spline? Either way I would also like to have both so I can decide which I like better.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snowtop57
I wasn't aware that there is an option of wide or thin chrome strips, are you speaking of the chrome strip that surrounds the outer edge of the grille, or are you talking about the center spline? Either way I would also like to have both so I can decide which I like better.
I would ike the same please for my upper grill. Thanks

Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 AM

It is the center spine. All I did was cut to length some chrome body side molding. I should have enough to cover those that want them. If not I will let you all know.

Originally Posted by snowtop57

Old 03-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Forum Regular

Karl,

Please put me down for both narrow and wide center pieces. Thanks for all your help. Looking forward to the grill.

Steve

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM

I tried to check on the status of the air freighted grilles and APS was closed for Good Friday. Will check again on Monday.

Quick Reply: APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members