Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members

Old 03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members

ill take one next week point me in the right direction to order it. Also it does look like that other t rex grill but i think the mesh also is a little different, i like it just as much if not better for far less price, i am just wondering honestly how the fitment will be i don't want to be cutting and what not. Also how the product will hold up such as oxidation and rust and stuff. I mean you get what you pay for is the only thing running through my head, but hard to resist for the price.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problems with fitment. Installation is quite easy using the existing mounting points. I will get exact warranty info and post.

So far for the set at $197 I have

tyler xfire
jsiegel
srt-6 steve
srt6 dan
magredvet
crossfirefrank

mayaman just the upper at $130

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
ill take one next week point me in the right direction to order it. Also it does look like that other t rex grill but i think the mesh also is a little different, i like it just as much if not better for far less price, i am just wondering honestly how the fitment will be i don't want to be cutting and what not. Also how the product will hold up such as oxidation and rust and stuff. I mean you get what you pay for is the only thing running through my head, but hard to resist for the price.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Awesome man, let me know when you're ready. I have to send timelord money right now for a secret project he's doing for me!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Forum Regular

who is actually manufacturing these, and where are they coming from,basically who am i paying for this, also yes you said something about warranty info. that would be great, and when is this going to be available for sure do you know. And one more thing how is the carbon fiber done, are you wrapping it with a sheet, i have done this in the past and i am thinking about fabbing stock engine cover to work with cai, but afterwards am thinking about wrapping it with a sheet of carbon fiber.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:37 PM

As mentioned in the title, the mfg company is APS (not sure exactly where Grille4U fits in, I believe they are a subsidiary of APS) I have created a company to sell to forum members (doing so for the last year and a half) Cardoover.

I am going to be putting the money out up front and will be billing you all via paypal. Before I take one payment, I will make sure everyone is aware of the warranty. The grilles are in stock and I expect to have them by this Friday. I will personally inspect each before shipping.

Concerning the CF. It is a synthetic hydrofusion overlay. The finish is heat resistant enough to coat engine components. The finish is highly polished and has two coats of clearcoat applied. Our guys have been doing this for major luxury companies from Japan and the US (sorry they will not let us say who) for over 10 years. This finish has been applied to a number of custom rods and drag cars. The process allows the coating to wrap around objects and fill in all the bends and curves. When finished it looks like the item was carved from a solid piece. A number of members have had it done and the overall reaction has been "...WOW..."

My goal with this has been the same as all, bring custom items to forum members at reasonable prices. Because the Crossfire is a limited production vehicle, most companies do not make a lot of aftermarket accessories. The few that have were used to charging a healthy premium.

For the last 1 1/2 years I have been pretty successful. Fortunately because I have another job that "pays the bills" I don't have to look upon these items as profit makers.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
who is actually manufacturing these, and where are they coming from,basically who am i paying for this, also yes you said something about warranty info. that would be great, and when is this going to be available for sure do you know. And one more thing how is the carbon fiber done, are you wrapping it with a sheet, i have done this in the past and i am thinking about fabbing stock engine cover to work with cai, but afterwards am thinking about wrapping it with a sheet of carbon fiber.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
Concerning the CF. It is a synthetic hydrofusion overlay. The finish is heat resistant enough to coat engine components. The finish is highly polished and has two coats of clearcoat applied. Our guys have been doing this for major luxury companies from Japan and the US (sorry they will not let us say who) for over 10 years. This finish has been applied to a number of custom rods and drag cars. The process allows the coating to wrap around objects and fill in all the bends and curves. When finished it looks like the item was carved from a solid piece. A number of members have had it done and the overall reaction has been "...WOW..." .
I vouche for Karl (SRT SIX) and the work he provides. You couldn't work with a person with more integrity.

Last edited by FP; 03-08-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Karl- Do you think it would be possible to receive mine before April 2nd? I would love to have it on the car when I go on the dragon run. It may also help you in selling these since more than 60+ crossfires will be there.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Forum Regular

dude the carbon is heat resistant? as in valve cover heat resistant????????????????

Old 03-09-2008, 07:38 AM

I will do my best...It will ship end of the week and go priority.

Originally Posted by crossfirefrank
Karl- Do you think it would be possible to receive mine before April 2nd? I would love to have it on the car when I go on the dragon run. It may also help you in selling these since more than 60+ crossfires will be there.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Here are a couple jobs my guys did.

I just added some new pics to my gallery if you want more. BTW we have to keep these guys busy with other than Crossfire parts. And they are kept busy....

Karl

Originally Posted by irwin
dude the carbon is heat resistant? as in valve cover heat resistant????????????????

Last edited by SRT SIX; 03-09-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Forum Regular

how much for valve covers and intake manifold and whats the turnaround time?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM
Ah, I see. Thanks.
Wonder what it would look like with black border, silver mesh and in all black?
Or black chrome. That bright chrome just screams "LOOK AT ME!" and detracts from the car. IMHO.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Forum Regular

Let me know when its time for these to be paid for and what not, thanks for all your info.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 AM

No problems with fitment. Installation is quite easy using the existing mounting points. I will get exact warranty info and post.

tyler xfire
jsiegel
srt-6 steve
srt6 dan
magredvet
crossfirefrank

Please add me to the list.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 AM

I don't know how much we will be able to get as a "standard" option like the chrome (possibly black). However, we can do just the surround or the entire grille in any color to match the body color. I haven't gone through the costs yet, but targeting $100 - $150 extra.

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Or black chrome. That bright chrome just screams "LOOK AT ME!" and detracts from the car. IMHO.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Here is a way for you to extimate costs because there are so many different things that can be done.

Cost is appx 60cents (USD) per square inch. When figuring the area include sides and edges you want done. Also if there is a cut out in the middle, don't deduct for that. Material is cut rectangular and cut outs are counted in the total. If the item has an irregular shape, square it off. Example; if a piece is 7" on one side and 10" on the other with a width of 12", then the square would be 120" (not counting edges). 120X.6= $72. Added to this is S&H which varies on the piece(s) size and weight. Normal time is about 3 weeks sent me and recieved back to you.

The process is very extensive, involving multiple steps of preparation and finishing, drying time and polishing. The end result is exceptional.

Be aware that there is a minimum charge of $30 on a piece even if the piece is less than 50 sq inches.

Let's move the CF (or wood) ovelay questions to the thread that deals with it https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=carbon+fiber and keep this thread for the grilles.

Thanks

Originally Posted by irwin
how much for valve covers and intake manifold and whats the turnaround time?

Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Forum Regular

yeah sorry man lol i got a lil excited

Old 03-09-2008, 02:42 PM

tyler xfire
jsiegel
srt-6 steve
srt6 dan
magredvet
crossfirefrank

Throw me on the list please.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:46 PM

For those wondering what a black surround would look like...after a little carefully applied electrical tape, these are the results...

Not a high gloss, rather a satin finish. But it give you an idea....

Old 03-09-2008, 07:15 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I bet that surround would look nice in CF, or black piano finish.

Quick Reply: APS Mesh Grille...Special Price for Forum Members