Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New Grille...?

Old 02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Grille...?

I haven't seen this one before...any idea how it might fit...?

Search Ebay for "Crossfire mesh grille" ...$150

Last edited by McCombcliff; 02-27-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 02-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: New Grille...?

Yuck, it looks like it belongs on a dodge truck. I would assume it bolts on or with zip ties (knowing ebay sellers)

Old 02-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

"The mesh grille insert will attach straight on top of your factory grille using the provided wiring harness"

More like twist ties.

"The mesh is a chrome 'like' mesh because it is not true chrome but is resembles it because of the shinny finish."

Can you say "rust"?

Buyer beware!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually the upper and lower grilles are quite nice. They are chromed metal with stainless steel 1/4" chromed mesh. The mesh has a "diamond" cut that makes it sparkle in the sunlight.

The eBay $150 listing for this is an offer to Canadians. The S&H charge is $65 to Canada.

The company listed them earlier this week for less. I got in touch with the company and discovered I had met with their parent company at SEMA last October. We discussed the fact that there were few grilles available for the Crossfire. The Sales Manager sat down with me for over an hour. I told him about the forum and how some of the companies had jacked every one around for over 2 years. The only grilles that made it to market were a mesh from T-rex and the billet one that DonOutWest offered (until the mfg screwed him and undercut his price to sell direct).

We discussed volume and pricing at length. After SEMA I checked back with them and talked more about it, but they decided to wait. Then the grilles showed up on eBay earlier this week. I went to their website and saw that they had their HQ in Pomona, CA and called them. After a brief conversation, I learned that their warehouse is in Pomona and the main offices are really in Canada. I asked if they had a Jeffrey there and they said yes. They transferred me and it turned out to be the people I had discussed grilles with at SEMA. They decided to actually offer them.

I immediately ordered the upper and lower grilles. They look much like the T-rex model. Here is the kicker, the price offered on the Internet ($103) was at cost to see what the reaction would be. Needless to say the response was very good. I am negotiating with them to keep the price down a bit and offer the complete upper and lower grilles for $199. They are reviewing my proposal and I should know shortly. If they agree, I will be offering them for the $199 a set (hopefully slightly less for the first 10 to order them).

Installation is a snap and provides a very rigid mount, more so than the stock grille. The upper is a complete replacement for the stock grille and took me all of 3 minutes to install. The lower grilles mount over the existing plastic ones and they included the wrong mounting parts. It took me about an hour to come up with an alternative mount and I will offer that if they use me as a distributer.

Grilles that look a lot like these are selling for hundreds more. Please respond to this to let me know you are interested. I can use that to help cement the deal. I am including pics of "before", upper only and upper and lower.

I have to admit I did not like the wide border from the pictures, but after installing them and seeing them in person, they really look hot. Not sure if it is because my baby is black and I have the lights smoked, but I really like the look.

The cheap $20 ones described on eBay are from a different vendor and is for the lower grilles only, I wouldn't waste my time on them.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:49 PM

Offer them with your SRT6 badge placed offset center...and it will look great.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look great for the price but they really need a center spine going vertical to match up with the hood ridges. (this has been mentioned many times in different "grill" posts)

Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 PM

This came up during my discussions with them at SEMA. They chose not to add it. Still working with them on the price. No matter they will still be hundreds cheaper than comparable real (or just promised) grilles.

BTW thought I would insert my "Knight Rider" pic. Took this just as the sun was going down with the flash.

Originally Posted by Scotto97
Look great for the price but they really need a center spine going vertical to match up with the hood ridges. (this has been mentioned many times in different "grill" posts)

Last edited by SRT SIX; 02-27-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
This came up during my discussions with them at SEMA. They chose not to add it. Still working with them on the price. No matter they will still be hundreds cheaper than comparable real (or just promised) grilles.

BTW thought I would insert my "Knight Rider" pic. Took this just as the sun was going down with the flash.

SRT your car is the cleanest I have seen, that black is hard to take care of lol might give andrew a run for his money back in the day. Is there anyway you could do a shot from an angle and from the side is it flat, curved, or indented i cant tell from any of the pics. I FORGOT to add dibs on your CF grille if your selling it.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Can you post some angle shots from the side and three quarters? I'm in right now if you supply the pics for the upper. I'll get the lowers from CTD, I like the design better. From the pic on ebay it looks to be completely flat.

thanks

Old 02-29-2008, 06:00 PM

First let me say...Andrew is the "Dean of Clean", I can only attempt to match him. Though I do try hard!

Now for some side pics. This style has been shown before and the pics were....not showing the grille as it is, REALLY NICE! You be the judge...

Old 02-29-2008, 06:02 PM

Here are some more pics

Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 PM

Last of the new batch

Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Forum Regular

Actually the upper and lower grilles are quite nice. They are chromed metal with stainless steel 1/4" chromed mesh. The mesh has a "diamond" cut that makes it sparkle in the sunlight.

The eBay $150 listing for this is an offer to Canadians. The S&H charge is $65 to Canada.

The company listed them earlier this week for less. I got in touch with the company and discovered I had met with their parent company at SEMA last October. We discussed the fact that there were few grilles available for the Crossfire. The Sales Manager sat down with me for over an hour. I told him about the forum and how some of the companies had jacked every one around for over 2 years. The only grilles that made it to market were a mesh from T-rex and the billet one that DonOutWest offered (until the mfg screwed him and undercut his price to sell direct).

We discussed volume and pricing at length. After SEMA I checked back with them and talked more about it, but they decided to wait. Then the grilles showed up on eBay earlier this week. I went to their website and saw that they had their HQ in Pomona, CA and called them. After a brief conversation, I learned that their warehouse is in Pomona and the main offices are really in Canada. I asked if they had a Jeffrey there and they said yes. They transferred me and it turned out to be the people I had discussed grilles with at SEMA. They decided to actually offer them.

I immediately ordered the upper and lower grilles. They look much like the T-rex model. Here is the kicker, the price offered on the Internet ($103) was at cost to see what the reaction would be. Needless to say the response was very good. I am negotiating with them to keep the price down a bit and offer the complete upper and lower grilles for $199. They are reviewing my proposal and I should know shortly. If they agree, I will be offering them for the $199 a set (hopefully slightly less for the first 10 to order them).

Installation is a snap and provides a very rigid mount, more so than the stock grille. The upper is a complete replacement for the stock grille and took me all of 3 minutes to install. The lower grilles mount over the existing plastic ones and they included the wrong mounting parts. It took me about an hour to come up with an alternative mount and I will offer that if they use me as a distributer.

Grilles that look a lot like these are selling for hundreds more. Please respond to this to let me know you are interested. I can use that to help cement the deal. I am including pics of "before", upper only and upper and lower.

I have to admit I did not like the wide border from the pictures, but after installing them and seeing them in person, they really look hot. Not sure if it is because my baby is black and I have the lights smoked, but I really like the look.

The cheap $20 ones described on eBay are from a different vendor and is for the lower grilles only, I wouldn't waste my time on them.

I am trying to get interested. I want a mesh grill but I can't seem to get past the look of a wide open mouth smiling at me

I believe the wide lip is a little too wide for my taste. Does it give this impression from a distance at other angles in person?

The night picture looks awsome!!!

Steve

Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM

SRT-6 Steve,

As you can see by the other pics in the thread, it does appear different at angles. The pictures do not look as good as it does in person.

Interesting note is that Grille4U on eBay are using my pictures to hawk the grille. I have been in contact with them daily trying to work out a deal for forum members. It looks like at least two have bought the upper for the new price of $150. I am still trying to work out a deal with them to be able to get them for forum members at $125.

Will keep you all posted.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Forum Regular

SRT-6 Steve,

As you can see by the other pics in the thread, it does appear different at angles. The pictures do not look as good as it does in person.

Interesting note is that Grille4U on eBay are using my pictures to hawk the grille. I have been in contact with them daily trying to work out a deal for forum members. It looks like at least two have bought the upper for the new price of $150. I am still trying to work out a deal with them to be able to get them for forum members at $125.

Will keep you all posted.
Sounds good. I would purchase the grill as well as the lowers.

Steve

Last edited by SRT-6 Steve; 03-01-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Count me in, for upper and lowers

Old 03-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts

Burtman must be pissed at $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:36 PM

I have recieved PMs concerning a middle spine in the grille. I tried something....this is not photoshop

Let me know what you think...

Old 03-01-2008, 05:02 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I think it looks better with the rib in the middle.

Last edited by FP; 03-01-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:02 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If someone could just make this one..........................

Quick Reply: New Grille...?