Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Something Forum Members Can Do About Crossfire Grills Copyright Violation

Old 12-10-2007, 03:50 AM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Something Forum Members Can Do About Crossfire Grills Copyright Violation

I agree a lot with what has been said above...

My problem is that it speaks volumes to me when someone has to post the same message so many times that an administrator has to come in and delete many of the posts. To me that shows a general lack of respect, and a very childlike attitude.

Do I like the grill...yes. Will I be buying one from anyone but don...No!

Looks like I'll be waiting for the next big thing. I'd rather wait than give my cash to nobody.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Something Forum Members Can Do About Crossfire Grills Copyright Violation

I bought the polished grill from Don and it is beautiful. However, after reading all the BS posts from both sides, I wish I would have bought it from Chris on ebay for $150 less. Don had a good idea to promote it here, but I'm not sure he had much more to do with the grill. He did make some money from me

So here is some thing that hasn't been brought up... this grill makes noise... From 40 - 60 MPH it makes a very noticeable harmonic vibration... similar to a tuning fork attached to your hood.

Any body else notice this?

It doesn't bother me too much for now, but it may some day. I have some ideas on how to fix it, but it is too cold in PA to work on it. Just living with it until the spring.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:07 AM

Hi i haven't heard of this noise but will look into it. Does it look like any of the welds have broke or came lose. Please look and let me know thanks 1800 842 8789

Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't see any broken welds. It is well made. I'm pretty sure it is the lower grills. If I run my finger nail across the upper grill ribs it just makes a dull metallic sound. However if I do the same to the lower grill it sounds like I'm playing a harp.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Thumbs up Re: Something Forum Members Can Do About Crossfire Grills Copyright Violation

I've got one of these, and IMHO it's the grille that should have been on my baby in the first place. The OEM grille was van like and never belonged on this car. As far as the hum goes, mine comes on at 50MPH and normally disappears at 60MPH would I let this deter me from purchasing one? Nah! love all her moans ,wails and shrieks.