Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Crossfire Grills Will Be Closing

Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Grills Will Be Closing

^^^ That would be awesome. Center rib please.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by draganFP
I'm pretty much inactive on the board and truth be told don't know anyone from here. I've never met Don or even talked to Don. That said it will be a cold day in hell long before I purchase anything form some dic*heads that would screw a client like that. As someone who own's a few businesses I would be beyond outraged if a supplier did this to me. I understand that you want a new grill, but how could you give even a cent to someone you know is screwing their clients, and would without hesitation screw you?
I totally agree and I don't know Don either. He seemed to be a genuine guy that had a vision and found someone to fabricate that vision and then simply got screwed for being a good seller of a quality product.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by donoutwest
I don't have any drawings of the grill. I have talked to some fabricators in the area but at this point nothing has developed there. I recently learned of someone who might be a good fabricator and will be meeting with him. My preference would be to make some modifications to bring this grill more into line with the "Ideal" we have all wanted. But, we will see.
Go for it Don. Persue your desire to provide a quality product to people who desire it. I wish you the very best !!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by draganFP
I'm pretty much inactive on the board and truth be told don't know anyone from here. I've never met Don or even talked to Don. That said it will be a cold day in hell long before I purchase anything form some dic*heads that would screw a client like that. As someone who own's a few businesses I would be beyond outraged if a supplier did this to me. I understand that you want a new grill, but how could you give even a cent to someone you know is screwing their clients, and would without hesitation screw you? There are a lot of people in the world that could care less about this companie's dispicable behavior, but I feel that they should be the weirdos that don't get it and not the norm. I think the only way for society to evolve is for us to all adopt the philosophy of help your fellow man, and not the walmart philosophy of if it's cheaper I want it, no matter who it ends up hurting.

Ok that's my rant. I will be donning my flame proof suit as I expect it to be coming my way in short order.
Dragan I totally agree.
Tylerxfire, if this guy is going to screw over someone who is going to buy numerous units, then do you really believe he'll even think twice about screwing someone who is only going to buy one unit? If you really have to have one, do what you gotta do. Maybe you'll get lucky... then again maybe you won't.

Last edited by Xfire fan; 12-06-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any drawings of the grill. I have talked to some fabricators in the area but at this point nothing has developed there. I recently learned of someone who might be a good fabricator and will be meeting with him. My preference would be to make some modifications to bring this grill more into line with the "Ideal" we have all wanted. But, we will see.
yeah I would of liked to clean up the lines on the upper top portion of the current design, it's a bit chopped up and needs some adjustments.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Guys, I want you to know that I do appreciate your support. You have been great. I am disappointed at how they have handled things but we all have more important things to do with our time and I really don't think they are worth our time. I met with a fabricator today and am going to pursue some things with him. We will not be making the same grill. We are working on something else and later on I plan to post info on my discussions with him and what we are considering to get your feedback. So, I say let's move on and not waste any time on these guys.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Don,
I was truly sorry to hear what has happened to you. As you know from our PM's, I had been waiting for feedback from forum members before ordering your brushed aluminum grill. Now I'm sorry that I waited too long. However, I will not be ordering from the fabricator. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're moving on. I think you're on the right track by doing something different...billet and mesh are now on almost just about everything from ricers, pickups, SUVs...you name it and its got one.
Can't wait to see what you come up with...IMO, integrating new or accenting the vertical slats in the original grill maybe something to look into for a classy different look.
Don't be afraid to kick it around...I know that we can be a tough crowd at time but don't let that stop you.

This is apparently some sort of insert not even cut to size to fit but I kind of like the way that it integrates with the hood lines and center spine.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...hp?photo=10412

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 12-05-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 PM

My previous supplier is so busy selling grills on eBay, using my photos copied from my website, that he isn't even willing to fill the two outstanding orders I have. So, I will be issuing them refunds and closing Crossfire Grills. I want to thank all who have ordered and supported my efforts.

Every person I dealt with was very patient and reasonable and I have met some very nice new friends as a result of this venture. I will of course be around on the Forum.
Sorry to hear that...you produced a great product. I'm thankful I bought mine when I did even tho it's still in the box awaiting installation.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Thanks for your comments. I agree there are other options and we are going to look at those. The guys I met with today I was very impressed with. They do some custom grills for the Ferrari and many other things. They are super savvy and I plan to publish what I learn from them so we can either do a grill with them, or someone can use the knowledge that we can pass on to develop a grill elsewhere if we can't get it done. They gave me some very specific feedback on the mesh grill and issues with it that I plan to post as soon as we have worked on it a bit further.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Don,
You should have a look at some of the new mercedes benz grills, they look very sharp and some look like a drop in part to our cars, here are some examples. They will require bending and stamping, would be sharp in stainless steel.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
111185006c4035_010.jpg (125.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I have printed the photos out to take to the designers.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 PM

check this one out its off an SL500, Also I would like to get billet strakes for the side vents, maybe something that won't stand out so much, but looks clean and sweet, a thinned down version of the OEM side vent?

Attached Images
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM

I just started a new thread for a grill design forum and what I mentioned there is similar to this. That is take the existing OEM grill, improve it and maybe add a mesh background. We will work on it.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
check this one out its off an SL500.
Take away the large MB tristar and this grille is very similar to the Crossfire OEM. The lower mesh is nice though.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

Wow,
I'm sure glad I got mine from Don and installed it when I did. Don, I must have been one of the last ones you delivered.
Thanks and good luck!