Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Multivex Mirrors

Old 01-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Multivex Mirrors

Maxwell, Did you ever get your mirrors? If so what did you think of the product (installation, look, workings)?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nope, got an email from someone over there, telling me the glass machine is broken last year, I can't imagine those machines are cheap to fix. I will have to find out where they are on producing these mirrors for us. I really need these badly.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM

update from Multivex...

We show tooling available for the Crossfire, but no mirrors in stock as yet. Moreover, our glass-bending oven is down and we don't expect replacement repair parts for about two more weeks, which are required to bend the glass.

Thank you,
R.C.McCord

Old 03-10-2008, 03:58 PM

Any updates on these mirrors? I have always received a reply whenever I email them but my last email a week ago has not been answered yet. Any news?

Old 01-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Update from Multivex mirrors.

Due to a breakdown of glass bending machinery, we are about 3 to 4 weeks away from shipping more mirrors.

Thank you,
R.C.McCord
Did you ever get your mirrors?

Randy

Old 01-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxwell
from what's pictured on their site, it looks like the same shape of the oem glass, which is what I want. I have one of those goofy fish eye lenses on my mirror now but it's ugly and kinda small, so I hope this is a perfect fit.

I'm always a hard critic of aftermarket parts, so I'll let you know if it's worth the $35.
I never though of those convex dots as ugly, but now that you mention it...

Old 01-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Utah12
Maxwell, Did you ever get your mirrors? If so what did you think of the product (installation, look, workings)?
Utah12, I know I'm way off topic here, but I think it's kind of a waste for you to be talking about mirrors. How about starting a thread on string theory (seriously) I'm sure you could work it in somehow and the techno guys would love it!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Max
Utah12, I know I'm way off topic here, but I think it's kind of a waste for you to be talking about mirrors. How about starting a thread on string theory (seriously) I'm sure you could work it in somehow and the techno guys would love it!
You are right or at least you think you are which in your mind might be questionable. Seriously. LOL

Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
You are right or at least you think you are which in your mind might be questionable. Seriously. LOL
That is quite a statement! Are you serious, cause if you are I mind, but In my mind, I might just think I do, so I don't. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:10 AM

If I may chime in.....I got my mirror a few months late because of the equiptment problem the company sustained. So this is not vapor ware as some suspected. I only ordered the driver side so I can only comment on that one. It is the same shape and size as oem albeit maybe a hair larger in the corners. If one is used to the wide angle of the passenger side mirror then you would like this mirror. It has a little more fisheye effect than the passenger side so you see more on the driver side. The outer 25% of the mirror is even more curved so you can actually get a glimpse of the lane next to the empty lane on your left.
It comes with double sided tape for mounting but I used clear silicone as others have suggested for peace of mind.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Forum Regular

I have one on my driver's side mirror, I cannot say how amaizingly happy I am with it. The car is much more comfortable and I feel much safr driving on freeways and the street, because people have strange tendancy to accelerate up to my rear quarter panel and just sit there, now I can see roughly 180 degrees behinde me. truely a great product that should have free advertising banner on the site here!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 PM

I've had mine on the drivers' side for about a year now and have no complaints. I used the double-sided tape it came with and have had no problems.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you post a photo of the mirror while you are sitting in the drivers seat so I can see how wide the field of view is?

They do not have it listed on their site, did you have to call to order?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
They do not have it listed on their site, did you have to call to order?

http://www.multivexmirror.net/Result...=4&secondary=0

Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM

lol i found it about 3 seconds after posting by googling crossfire multivex mirrors.

does anyone have photos? does it give a distorted image that hurts your eyes when you look into it?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM

Here are some good example photos along with photos comparing them to oem mirrors:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/...-review-12311/

I am not sure how I like the distortions that it makes, it seems like it would make you dizzy if you looked into them while driving.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Here are some good example photos along with photos comparing them to oem mirrors:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/...-review-12311/

I am not sure how I like the distortions that it makes, it seems like it would make you dizzy if you looked into them while driving.
You should never stare into a mirror when driving - just glance - once you adjust them and figure where the cars are in the mirror relative to your car - they work great - in a quick glance I can see everything next to my car (especially motorcycles) and three lanes over on both sides - no blind spots.

If I had it to do over - I would remove the OEM mirrors and installed these instead of just mounting them over the OEM.

I dug these photos out of the archive for you.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:52 PM

I do not "stare" into my mirrors (unless i am looking especially nice ) but I do think when you have mirrors you should be able to look into them longer than a quick glance when you need to.

Those mirrors appear to give you a much larger field of view but from what I have read the past few minutes I do not think I would care for all the distortion they give you.

Thanks for the pics.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular

the distorion is no biggy, all I want to know is if there is a car hiding in my blind spot, and it works perfectly all the time, saved my *** a couple times too!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM

I have them on both sides of my coupe...I would never want the car to be without them. They are a huge vision improvement, especially along the passenger side. Sure there's a bit of distortion, but if you use them as you are suppose to -- by quick glances -- they work great. Well worth the money!

At least that's my view...

Quick Reply: Multivex Mirrors