Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Old 10-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

I bought HID's this week and put them installed them today. I specified H4 6,000k bulbs. I have OEM Xenon on my other cars and these are every bit as bright if not more so. After having Xenon on my other cars for the past six years, I could barely see the road when I bought my Crossfire a month ago. This kit has nice mounting brackets that are rubber mounted and excellent water proof connections. I have absolutely no radio interference or any other unwanted side effects. They are just like my OEM Xenon's in my other cars except the don't do the little dance when you first turn them on. The only problems I encountered was not know which wire on the original connection was negative... (It is the one with two wires) and messing with the clip on the first light. The first light took over an hour and second one was about 10 minutes. The kit arrived very quickly and a total shipped cost of only $75.98! The link below is what I went with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Lantana,

I'm a bit skeptical of a kit that costs $19.99 and the shipping is $55.99. You'll have to keep us posted on performance and reliability.

Kevin

Old 10-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by kjmurphy
Lantana,

I'm a bit skeptical of a kit that costs $19.99 and the shipping is $55.99. You'll have to keep us posted on performance and reliability.

Kevin
The price vs shipping costs is a game/marketing. Whats important is the total cost to your house of $75.98 I looked at many kits and went with this based on what I could see in the pictures and his feedback. I couldn't be happier and didn't experience any of the other problems such as bad radio reception that some here as experienced. I was skeptical too but am a believer now.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:00 PM

LantanTX,

Did you really specify H4 or did you mean H7??

I paid $155 for an HID kit for my other car and have been very pleased with the results. I have compared several photos of the $75 - kits with the $155 kit that I bought and they look virtually identical. For half the price I will most likely buy one of these $75 kits for my SRT-6.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by DAMSRT-6
LantanTX,

Did you really specify H4 or did you mean H7??

I paid $155 for an HID kit for my other car and have been very pleased with the results. I have compared several photos of the $75 - kits with the $155 kit that I bought and they look virtually identical. For half the price I will most likely buy one of these $75 kits for my SRT-6.
Maybe it was H7 It was the correct one that Andrew stated in another post. These seemed to be worth more than I paid. I was very impressed. I am going to get another set for the high beams.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 AM

I ordered and just received my kit from HID and will be installing them this weekend. The issue with the price vs the freight is a way for the vendor to pay a lower commission to eBay as they pay based on the selling price not the freight. I ordered mine & they came in 2 days.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks to LantanaTX for posting the link to the ebay vendor, I must admit I couldn't pass up on this kit at a bargain price. I ordered the H7 5,000K as it the closest to OEM specs (4,300K). I'm also thinking of doing the high beams so I will take that into consideration when mounting the ballasts.
LantanaTX what would be involved as far as going back to the standard H7 bulbs? Do you have to cut into the OEM connections or is it really plug and play?

Thanks.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:49 PM

For $75 it's sounds like a sweet deal. They have a one year warranty, but it sounds too good to be true. Let us know how they work out and if there is any splicing involved. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:58 AM

Well, I ordered my 4,300K H7 kit. I'll post some pics after the install.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by DAMSRT-6
Well, I ordered my 4,300K H7 kit. I'll post some pics after the install.
Did you really find a 4,300K H7 kit? I checked their ebay store and the closest one I found was a 5,000K.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
For $75 it's sounds like a sweet deal. They have a one year warranty, but it sounds too good to be true. Let us know how they work out and if there is any splicing involved. Thanks.
I just got the kit. It looks like a pretty good quality kit with the exception of the added capacitor to by-pass the bulb out indicator which has been wrapped in black electrical tape. It appears to be totally plug and play no splicing.
I will install this weekend and report.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
I just got the kit. It looks like a pretty good quality kit with the exception of the added capacitor to by-pass the bulb out indicator which has been wrapped in black electrical tape. It appears to be totally plug and play no splicing.
I will install this weekend and report.
It was all plug and play and they work really well! The only problem I had was with the spring clip. I removed it on the first light to get the wires through it. This was a big mistake and took a lot of time to get back in. The other side was really easy as I just fished the wires through without removing the clip completely. I also retained the big rubber seals by punching a small hole and feeding everything through. I ended up with a very good factory look.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 AM

Alright so lastnight I managed, along with the help of johnhayes6 to get HID installed on the driver's side only (it was getting late-work in the morning). I cannot believe how difficult it was to get the connector off the back of the halogen bulb. My hands look like they went through a meat cutter now. I concur that taking the spring loaded clip completely off is NOT a good idea either. After getting the HID bulb seated, it took at least a half hour just to get the clip back into the holes and secured down. After allowing the HID bulb stay lit for 10 minutes, it was time to take the car out for a quick test run. Now, for some reason, all of the light from the HID side is directed straight towards the ground, the halogen side is throwing so much more light. Is it possible for an HID bulb to be installed upside down? I messed with the headlight adjustment as one last attempt but it wasn't raising up the beam at all. WTF?

I'm not sure that this $79 kit was worth it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H
10-9005-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ008QQite mZ180168951140
QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Old 10-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You didn't get the bulb seated correctly. Same thing happened to me. It feels like they're seated when they're not.

Loosen the spring clip and try again.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this $75 kit cause the bulb out indicator light to come on?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM

I have this kit and no it does not cause a bulb out light to come on, nor did they cause any radio interference. It has better brighter light than the factory Xenon in my other car. I was able to do the second side very quickly after learning how to do this the hard way on the drivers side.

Here is what I learned:

The level of difficulty is not changed by buying a more expensive kit.

The only modification is to cut off the rubber gasket from the new wiring. Super simple.

Do not remove the spring clip, instead figure how the wires must pass through when the spring closes and feed them through the clip appropriately.

The negative side of the new harness plugs into the original halogen connector that has two black wires.

I used two existing threaded studs to mount the chrome boxes.

I retained the original rubber boots by punching small holes and stretching the holes for the wiring to pass through. This keeps the area water proof and looking factory done.

Do not ever touch the new bulb on the glass area!

The connector can be hard to remove from the halogen bulb. One side was easy and the other side seemed welded to the old bulb.

Be sure new bulb is rotated to where it seats deep in the socket and correctly and make sure you close hook the clip correctly.

If this doesn't make sense now, don't worry. If this is hard to understand once you are looking at it or you have very large hands, you may want to consider having a pro do it for you.

This is the type of project that you don't realize how easy this could be until you have spent hours doing it the hard way. I spent and hour or more on the first side and then figured out how to spend only about 15 minutes on the second side.

If you have large hands, get it installed by a pro.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Talking Re: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I have this kit and no it does not cause a bulb out light to come on, nor did they cause any radio interference. It has better brighter light than the factory Xenon in my other car. I was able to do the second side very quickly after learning how to do this the hard way on the drivers side.

Here is what I learned:

The level of difficulty is not changed by buying a more expensive kit.

The only modification is to cut off the rubber gasket from the new wiring. Super simple.

Do not remove the spring clip, instead figure how the wires must pass through when the spring closes and feed them through the clip appropriately.

The negative side of the new harness plugs into the original halogen connector that has two black wires.

I used two existing threaded studs to mount the chrome boxes.

I retained the original rubber boots by punching small holes and stretching the holes for the wiring to pass through. This keeps the area water proof and looking factory done.

Do not ever touch the new bulb on the glass area!

The connector can be hard to remove from the halogen bulb. One side was easy and the other side seemed welded to the old bulb.

Be sure new bulb is rotated to where it seats deep in the socket and correctly and make sure you close hook the clip correctly.

If this doesn't make sense now, don't worry. If this is hard to understand once you are looking at it or you have very large hands, you may want to consider having a pro do it for you.

This is the type of project that you don't realize how easy this could be until you have spent hours doing it the hard way. I spent and hour or more on the first side and then figured out how to spend only about 15 minutes on the second side.

If you have large hands, get it installed by a pro.
If you have large hands it's probably a good idea to recruit the wife/girlfriend.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:46 PM

I just got done installing my HID kit. I see what you guys mean about having small hands...However using a pair of 90 degrees needle nose pliers, I managed to get those springs off and on in no time at all. I also went a different route and used the supplied wire grommets, I just cut a nice round hole in the original rubber plugs.
The only problem I ran into was that the original bulb broke off at the socket and fell inside the housing when I was taken it out. So I had to take out the right side headlamp to shake the bulb out of there. Taking out the headlight does make it easier to deal with the spring but I wouldn't recommend it as an alternative. Getting the headlight out and back in is a tedious job in itself.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the kit and would highly recommend it at the price. The one thing I would suggest if you're going to install it yourself is to get a tube of dielectric grease since none is supplied with the kit. I used a tab on all accessible connectors. I also wrapped the original headlight connector with electrical tape up to the sleeve that covers the red and black wires. Also for those that do not have a test light or a volt meter. The red wire from the kit connects to the single black wire in the original headlight connector, The black from the kit connects to the double black wire in the original headlight connector.

I can't wait until it get dark to test them out.

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 10-20-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:44 PM

I just got back from my ride and all I can say is WOW These HID are great.I give them an A+.

Couple things I noticed:
1) Radio reception is greatly degraded with the HIDs on. Does anyone know of a fix?
2) The bulb burned out indicator comes on for about 10 seconds after I turn off the lights. I can live with that but I need to do something about the poor radio reception.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to contact the vendor to see what he has to say.

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 10-20-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by bobs
You didn't get the bulb seated correctly. Same thing happened to me. It feels like they're seated when they're not.

Loosen the spring clip and try again.
Sure enough, the bulb wasn't all the way into the housing. After getting the bulb seated correctly the lightning is perfect now. Unfortunately, I have another problem. Last night I was finally able to install the passenger side xenon and when I turned the headlights on it was dead. I now have to ship back the bad bulb and ballast for replacement. My HID and halogen (looks retarded) combo will have to continue until i get the replacement ballast from the vendor.

Quick Reply: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!