Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Old 02-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!

Originally Posted by nox1s
Whew!! I'm excited, I just ordered them yesterday!

BTW, You live in Brighton, you don't know a McGuckin or Gandolfo family do you?

Friends of mine!
I don't but I do know a McCririe family

Old 02-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
I don't but I do know a McCririe family
Installed them, worked fine for a few days. Now my left headlight flickers on, then goes off after around 10 seconds

Did you have to send your old ballasts back ??

Old 02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Installed them, worked fine for a few days. Now my left headlight flickers on, then goes off after around 10 seconds

Did you have to send your old ballasts back ??
That s!!cks

Yes I had to return them for a different problem. The vendor is pretty easy to work with. Use your ebay purchase listing to contact him. He'll give you a link with return instructions.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
That s!!cks

Yes I had to return them for a different problem. The vendor is pretty easy to work with. Use your ebay purchase listing to contact him. He'll give you a link with return instructions.
Did all of you guys get an inline fuse? Mine didn't come with one. Mine came with two ballasts, connecting wires, and bulbs. No inline fuses. My kit uses the car's harness.

I do have the radio interference, but I'm going to try a shield around the ballasts using brass screens. I'm guessing the interference is caused by the high frequency of the high voltage. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
Did all of you guys get an inline fuse? Mine didn't come with one. Mine came with two ballasts, connecting wires, and bulbs. No inline fuses. My kit uses the car's harness.

I do have the radio interference, but I'm going to try a shield around the ballasts using brass screens. I'm guessing the interference is caused by the high frequency of the high voltage. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Mine came with inline fuses and ballasts... in fact, I told the vendor that my "light out" dash light came on, and he sent me another pair of harnesses. This didn't fix it, and he sent another one.. that also didn't fix it, and I just gave up as I did not care that much..

I have 2 extra wire harnesses.. both have the inline fuses.. if you want I could ship a pair to you maybe ?? PM me..

Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 AM

Mine came with inline fuses and ballasts... in fact, I told the vendor that my "light out" dash light came on, and he sent me another pair of harnesses. This didn't fix it, and he sent another one.. that also didn't fix it, and I just gave up as I did not care that much..

I have 2 extra wire harnesses.. both have the inline fuses.. if you want I could ship a pair to you maybe ?? PM me..
Thanks, that is very generous of you! I'm not sure where I'd put them or if I need them. The kit I purchased uses the same system as the stock lights, system fuse too. I did purchase a supplimental relay system, but it worked terribly! My dash light stayed on and the lights flickered and went out intermittently. I've never had any problems with mine, except for the radio interference. Supposedly, there are a few kits that don't need the relays. Have you tried the system without the relays? I've heard a few have chosen not to use the relays.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by cgocifer
Thanks, that is very generous of you! I'm not sure where I'd put them or if I need them. The kit I purchased uses the same system as the stock lights, system fuse too. I did purchase a supplimental relay system, but it worked terribly! My dash light stayed on and the lights flickered and went out intermittently. I've never had any problems with mine, except for the radio interference. Supposedly, there are a few kits that don't need the relays. Have you tried the system without the relays? I've heard a few have chosen not to use the relays.
Oh, I thought you meant you purchased the same kit as in this thread! Sorry!!

When you say uses the same system as the stock lights, do you have ballasts or anything? I'm a little confused and also curious!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was just joined this site to find out that exact informaiton, you have helped me out a great deal. Thanks again! Cheers, Kate ON Canada

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
I bought HID's this week and put them installed them today. I specified H4 6,000k bulbs. I have OEM Xenon on my other cars and these are every bit as bright if not more so. After having Xenon on my other cars for the past six years, I could barely see the road when I bought my Crossfire a month ago. This kit has nice mounting brackets that are rubber mounted and excellent water proof connections. I have absolutely no radio interference or any other unwanted side effects. They are just like my OEM Xenon's in my other cars except the don't do the little dance when you first turn them on. The only problems I encountered was not know which wire on the original connection was negative... (It is the one with two wires) and messing with the clip on the first light. The first light took over an hour and second one was about 10 minutes. The kit arrived very quickly and a total shipped cost of only $75.98! The link below is what I went with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
chloe.jpg (68.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 04-01-2008, 01:45 PM

As far as the Kelvin scale, what is the MOST white light? From what I understand, the higher you go 8,000 & up it gets a blue? Does anyone have XFire pictures with anything 6,000 or higher?

Old 04-01-2008, 02:16 PM

Go with 5000k the light is much whiter. Most cars that come with HD's have about 4700k.
I had 8000k and 6000k I now have 5000k and they are much better.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by aschrager
Go with 5000k the light is much whiter. Most cars that come with HD's have about 4700k.
I had 8000k and 6000k I now have 5000k and they are much better.
Any chance you have a picture of your lights on at night? I'd like to see how the 5000k look,

Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM

I don't have any pictures but they are pure white.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:58 PM

Awesome, the look I'm going for on the front is all white. From the fogs to the lows to the markers. I've seen others talkin about replacing the corners with clear markers but is it possible to change those bulbs?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:33 PM

I just picked up a set from the same seller. He lowered his price to $71.98 shipped! heh It didn't take me long to put these in from start to finish. In fact, I was surprised at how easy these were to install with their plug-n-play application! Having automotive knowledge from working at a Chrysler dealer in parts for 6 years helped too, lol. I do have fairly big hands and the biggest hassle was pulling those clips out, as well as adjusting the bulbs in the end. These clips are similair to my eclipse so like I said earlier, I pulled them out completely, made pulling the old bulbs out and putting the new ones in a breeze. I love the output of the 5000K pattern, very OEM like, which is what I wanted. I took photos of the lights, below:

OEM halogen passenger / HID driver - Much better!

Best shot I could get from inside the car...

Not bad... Great kit! Easy install, love it!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by vipertv
I just picked up a set from the same seller. He lowered his price to $71.98 shipped! heh It didn't take me long to put these in from start to finish. In fact, I was surprised at how easy these were to install with their plug-n-play application! Having automotive knowledge from working at a Chrysler dealer in parts for 6 years helped too, lol. I do have fairly big hands and the biggest hassle was pulling those clips out, as well as adjusting the bulbs in the end. These clips are similair to my eclipse so like I said earlier, I pulled them out completely, made pulling the old bulbs out and putting the new ones in a breeze. I love the output of the 5000K pattern, very OEM like, which is what I wanted. I took photos of the lights, below:

OEM halogen passenger / HID driver - Much better!

Best shot I could get from inside the car...

Not bad... Great kit! Easy install, love it!
you notice any problems with radio interference?

Old 04-09-2008, 11:34 PM

not at all, no dash light either...

Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by vipertv
not at all, no dash light either...
sweet!

it looks really good btw.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 PM

Alright....I ran into a problem installing these HIDs. First I did everything correctly on the left side and the HID did power on. But then by accident, as I needed to do something else, I unplugged the wire harness from the original bulb line and then when I reinstalled the harness wires into the original bulb lines, I must have reversed the negative and positve lines....I suppose the capacitor on the wire harness burned out (not 100% sure yet)....anyways my bigger problem is that when I went to reinstall the old halogen bulb the headlights wouldnt light up...only on that affected side. Bulb is good. Highbeams work. Is there a fuse for the left low beam headlights? Cant find the fuse in the fuse box. What else can be wrong?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 PM

After a quick trip to the dealer to replace the wire harness (wasn't the fuse), I correctly installed the HIDs (took less than 15 minutes) and they look fantastic. Best $58 bucks Ive ever spent on the xfire.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I also got a $60 set. I love them 6000K. However they aren't quite as bright as I hoped... but still much better than halogen. Would it be possible to buy another 4300K set and use them for low beams and use my first set of 6000K as high beams?

Quick Reply: Xenon HID $75.98 Shipped!