Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

LED Tail/Stop Lights

Old 01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LED Tail/Stop Lights

Originally Posted by Yanksmell
WOW... a rear fog light??
The Crossfires lines are so clean and balanced, I would think a rear fog light would detract from the beautiful sleak sport car look.

Is there any pictures of this lens out there?

This was a feature of the European version......but wouldn't you already have known that :

Just a few minutes ago from another thread:

I know the "ZH" from the metallurgy out.

or

However, everyone has the right to be who they want to be and view the world as they wish; me, I just know the engineering of the "ZH" and am willing to share with others that place a value on respect (a logical word not an emotional word).

Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
This was a feature of the European version......but wouldn't you already have known that :

Just a few minutes ago from another thread:

I know the "ZH" from the metallurgy out.

or

However, everyone has the right to be who they want to be and view the world as they wish; me, I just know the engineering of the "ZH" and am willing to share with others that place a value on respect (a logical word not an emotional word).

Will let see if I can break this down.

The Crossfire is more Mercedes, Porsche and Audi thanChrysler.

The Crossfire is a European car not a US car. It was designed, other than suspension, as a Europeancar. The light switch has the ability toturn on either the left or right parking lights independent of each other. This is required for a car to be marketed insome European markets so a parking light can be illuminated when parked on a narrowstreet. Note the brake lights do notfunction with the ignition off, part of some of the European lighting standards.

Some African nations along with some European marketsrequire high output backup lights. Ifyou drive in Europe you will see older cars have 1 aftermarket light on therear to be legal. Many of the Europeancars have an option available where the backup light on the driver’s side ishigh output. The Crossfire HO backuplight is controlled off the CANBUS and B+ with a relay. This option is required in the many Africannations (for some reason).

When I heard it called a fog light my only response wasWOW!! and wanted a picture because a fog light on the rear of a Crossfire isnot standard and I wanted to see how a fog light was modified into the taillight lens.
Ya,I know the ZH, I was on the Control Design team of the ZH. Yes… I do know near everything about the ZHand what I do not know I can get the answer in 5 minutes with a telephone callto Auburn Hills.

Your attitude is quite distasteful and judgmental; being onthe design team, I know the ZH (your sarcasm aside).

Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya,I know the ZH, I was on the Control Design team of the ZH. Yes… I do know near everything about the ZHand what I do not know I can get the answer in 5 minutes with a telephone callto Auburn Hills.

Your attitude is quite distasteful and judgmental; being onthe design team, I know the ZH (your sarcasm aside).

You've shown me that "I/we" are the problem.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
You've shown me that "I/we" are the problem.

There is no problem and no one is a problem. Life is relative and made up of choices and consequences. I do not wish to suffer the consequences ofbeing taken to task simply for helping people with facts about the ZH so I simplymake a different choice “stop”. As thestory goes “doctor doctor I broke my arm in 12 places; so stay out of those 12 places”. This place I choose not to be. If you think you’re the problem; who wouldknow best.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

The Crossfire HO backuplight is controlled off the CANBUS and B+ with a relay. This option is required in the many Africannations (for some reason).
It's pretty obvious really, who wants to back under a giraffe.