Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

OBX n/a exhaust

Old 11-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OBX n/a exhaust

Not much info that I could find here...anyone actually try one of these?
I want more tone out of the exhaust and I know I'm not going to get much if any HP gains. The OBX looks pretty good and the price is certainly right for a guy on a limited budget.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OBX n/a exhaust

Originally Posted by Buck Spunni
Not much info that I could find here...anyone actually try one of these?
I want more tone out of the exhaust and I know I'm not going to get much if any HP gains. The OBX looks pretty good and the price is certainly right for a guy on a limited budget.
Link? And i recommend magna flow, you can offer some guys on ebay down to 400ish.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caseycowan5
Link? And i recommend magna flow, you can offer some guys on ebay down to 400ish.
OBX Cat-Back Exhaust 2004-2006 Chrysler Crossfire 3.2L 04-06

Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

That system has been on eBay for months. $299 plus shipping. No one wants to be first!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Cat-Back...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 11-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Looks nice and a decent price but it will be quite with that extra resonator... like the borla system.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Forum Regular

Looks nice and a decent price but it will be quite with that extra resonator... like the borla system.
I don't mind quiet - tone doesn't necessarily mean loud - & I'm looking for tone...deeper than stock with a bit of growl when you step on it. The stock sound is just too polite.
My PT Turbo sounds awesome, but it's LOUD, even with the extra baffle in & I don't want just another loud car.
I haven't heard the Borla yet but I would imagine the OBX should be similar. Given the price of the OBX I'm surprised nobody has tried it yet

Old 11-25-2012, 12:05 AM

I don't mind quiet - tone doesn't necessarily mean loud - & I'm looking for tone...deeper than stock with a bit of growl when you step on it. The stock sound is just too polite.
My PT Turbo sounds awesome, but it's LOUD, even with the extra baffle in & I don't want just another loud car.
I haven't heard the Borla yet but I would imagine the OBX should be similar. Given the price of the OBX I'm surprised nobody has tried it yet
Ya i've never heard of it but a good price, be a pioneer!

Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Forum Regular

Ya i've never heard of it but a good price, be a pioneer!
Maybe I will, but given that we just got our first snow up here in the frozen North it'll be a few months before I can do anything with it....baby is sleeping.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Forum Regular

Reviving an old question....anybody tried one yet? Apparently quite a few have sold according to one dealer - nobody here?
Birthday is coming up & wifey needs some ideas

Old 06-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

The exhaust on our cars, have been changed, using everybody's exhaust system out there, with absolutely no gains, in horsepower, all of them have a lot of games in noise, being that I run my car a lot on the track, I need power gains
I personally have used the magna flow,I even had a cat back made using 2 3/4 pipe. I would say 90% of the crossfire owners have come to a decision to remove the rear cats,, and another 40% come to the conclusion to remove the resonator along with the rear cats, removing both rear cats and resonator,could give you about five Horse power increase , none of the others can even come close to the five Horse power,but if you would like to waste money than buy the magna buy the others,and when it's all said and done take your rear cats and the resonator off and Be happy. jim

Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amx1397
The exhaust on our cars, have been changed, using everybody's exhaust system out there, with absolutely no gains, in horsepower, all of them have a lot of games in noise, being that I run my car a lot on the track, I need power gains
I personally have used the magna flow,I even had a cat back made using 2 3/4 pipe. I would say 90% of the crossfire owners have come to a decision to remove the rear cats,, and another 40% come to the conclusion to remove the resonator along with the rear cats, removing both rear cats and resonator,could give you about five Horse power increase , none of the others can even come close to the five Horse power,but if you would like to waste money than buy the magna buy the others,and when it's all said and done take your rear cats and the resonator off and Be happy. jim
Not expecting any HP gains - just want a sound with a bit more attitude than stock.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:43 PM

Not expecting any HP gains - just want a sound with a bit more attitude than stock.

Come on up to my place north of Barrie!

I will let you put my Magna Flow on and if you like it make me an offer!!

Hell of a drone in the cab of the Coupe, mine is the same car and we did not like it, I'm told its not as bad in the rag top!

Angelo
V2addict

Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Received 251 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397

Let me make a slight addition to this, I have never used the headers but did have Needswings downpipe with the elect. cut outs (no cats) now if you get the headers from Needswings, or the downpipe with The electric cut outs, you will notice a difference in power.my top end went up by 3 to 4 mph and that = about 10 to 15 HP gain. jim

Old 11-25-2013, 03:00 AM

i got one, and Im kind frustrated about low tone noise on 2-3k rpms under load, its a noticeably louder then stock, for me - about 3 times, could this be caused by bad metal seal from rear cats? it was pretty rusty, but did not have replacement at time, now ordered new one, dont know if it helps much

Last edited by kai1; 11-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by kai1
i got one, and Im kind frustrated about low tone noise on 2-3k rpms under load, its a noticeably louder then stock, for me - about 3 times, could this be caused by bad metal seal from rear cats? it was pretty rusty, but did not have replacement at time, now ordered new one, but dont know if it helps much
I put the OBX on mine about 6 months ago, it was just a wee bit droney at first, but now either I got used to it, or it has quieted down, at any rate I really like it now.
I removed nothing but the OE cat back.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:22 AM

i saw your video with obx and actually that what i would like to get, currently it is annoying drone at about 2k when apply accel, noise is like a big sub woofer overwhelming everything in cabin.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by kai1
i saw your video with obx and actually that what i would like to get, currently it is annoying drone at about 2k when apply accel, noise is like a big sub woofer overwhelming everything in cabin.
Mine is droney at exactly 2300rpm too. I don't know if the Borla that the OBX copies is droney or if it's just a deficiency of the resonator design. It's somewhat annoying at certain highway speeds but around town I actually love the noise... it's made me want a louder exhaust on my other cars just for the sound.

At any rate unless we both made the same mistake I don't think it's an installation problem.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Maybe it's just that I never get up to 2300 RPM in cruise ( isn't that somewhere north of 80 MPH ? )

Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Forum Regular

That depends on what gear you are in. I keep my rpm in the power band rang and thus out of the drone range, Around 3000rpm

Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 PM

Hello!

I'm just about to buy OBX cat-back and i've read about the earlier comments, but do you still like it or has the sounds already started to annoy you?

OBX seems to be reasonably prized for prize Limited guy like me so let's see what comes of it when it finally arrives from United States to Finland.

Quick Reply: OBX n/a exhaust