Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Fuel Injectors / Rail

Old 05-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Injectors / Rail

Originally Posted by Cincinnati Slim
per HDDP...

"I finally got the specs on the SRT6 injectors from my SPY at Bosch I must say, they have a HUGE flow difference from the NA engine and now I have to figure out how the SC engine is regulating the flow, whether by pulse width or pressure regulator.

NA ENGINE: 17 lbs/hr at 3.8 Bar, or 55 psi/ 14.5 ohms.
SC ENGINE: 51.6 lbs/hr @ 55.1 PSI / 14.5 Ohms based on 380 kPA = 3.8 bars = 55.1 PSI

But, this leads me to wonder if the NA engine would benefit from an injector swap..."

So the SRT6 injectors are WAY TOO BIG to run on a regular naturally aspirated motor.
What I'm still looking for is the Bosch/M-Benz part number of an injector which will flow
SLIGHTLY MORE than the OEM Crossfire injector. Something which will take us from 17 lbs/hr up to 22-26 lbs/hrs of max flow. The 3.2 SOHC V6 was used in some big sedans and in a SUV application. Perhaps one of those part numbers will work. Do I need to start trolling in the M-Benz forums or does anybody around here have an answer ?

Slim
Wanted to bump this thread again.

I'm confused..............

You are all saying that the injectors on our NA Crossfires run at 17lb/hr
but as far as i understand our bosch injectors which i know are smaller than the stock slk320 actually run at approx 160cc which equates to 15.5lb/hr.

if this is true where are you getting 17lb/hr from??

Old 05-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieb
Wanted to bump this thread again.

I'm confused..............

You are all saying that the injectors on our NA Crossfires run at 17lb/hr
but as far as i understand our bosch injectors which i know are smaller than the stock slk320 actually run at approx 160cc which equates to 15.5lb/hr.

if this is true where are you getting 17lb/hr from??
What don't you understand about my original post ? The manufacturer "Bosch" representative gave me the specs directly.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
What don't you understand about my original post ? The manufacturer "Bosch" representative gave me the specs directly.
Hi HDDP,

I meant that i have presumed that the stock injectors run at 15.5lb/hr and confirmed both on the mbworld forum and here with the TVT-250+ mod that includes TVT using larger 17 lb/hr injectors.

One of the problems it seems is that our stock injectors are a smaller design than the standard bosch design so new injectors will be around 14mm taller as far as i understand. Meaning you may have to space the fuel rail slightly to accomadate.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Forum Regular

there is something good that can come of this if you do ffit larger injectors though.

it would seem that the smart car has an injection mod that requires our injectors and being that they only have 3 cylinders you could sell your old injectors to 2 cars and get some money back

apparently the smart uses our stock injectors on their brabus roadster, ultimate 101 and black star special editions.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Stock injectors are measured at 15.5 lbs/hr @ 3bar, our cars run at 4bar however. This effectively makes them a 17 lbs/hr stock, but at their upper limits. We replace with 17 lbs/hr @3bar which is about 19 lbs/hr at 4bar.

We also provide spacers and longer bolts to make everything work like stock. Injectors are a black/silver combo and blend in perfectly with the engine compartment. Unless you were looking, you wouldn't be able to tell anything has changed.

Anthony
TVT Design

Old 05-15-2008, 08:00 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple of pics of the SRT6 Fuel Rail and a replacement injector with the MB part #

Old 05-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to order the tvt tune, and later in the future some other atmosperic mods ... are the srt6 injectors a direct plug in, for the limited fuel rail?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maxwell
I want to order the tvt tune, and later in the future some other atmosperic mods ... are the srt6 injectors a direct plug in, for the limited fuel rail?
no you need to order the tvt tune with their injectors. the srt injectors are too large

Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
TVT_DESIGN

The MB part number is extremely useless in determining flow rates. You need the 020XXXXX number which is the Bosch cross reference.

SRT6 injectors, or any injectors meant for boosted applications, are usually way too big for an N/A vehicle.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
...are the srt6 injectors a direct plug in...?
+1 on stevieb and TVT_DESIGN

Per HDDP, whose shared intel I regard highly:

SC ENGINE: 51.6 lbs/hr @ 55.1 PSI / 14.5 Ohms based on 380 kPA = 3.8 bars = 55.1 PSI

They’ll plug…but they certainly won’t play.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
The MB part number is extremely useless in determining flow rates. You need the 020XXXXX number which is the Bosch cross reference.

SRT6 injectors, or any injectors meant for boosted applications, are usually way too big for an N/A vehicle.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:50 AM
TVT_DESIGN

51.6 lbs/hr at 3.8bar

about 40 lbs/hr at 3 bar

Old 05-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Which if I remember correctly is enough to handle a bit over 400 hp at the crank without going to 100% duty cycle.

If an N/A Crossfire were to benifit from larger injectors, I think that TVT_DESIGN is correct in going up to 17 lb injectors, another step up would be 19 or 20s. This would leave additional 'head room' without harming the idle. (NOTE: This is my opinion and not based on actual hard numbers. Feel free to break out your calculator or spreadsheet... )

Old 05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
TVT_DESIGN

We've found that 19's are the best for the majority of cars. The benefit of not going bigger is that the ecu will still adapt to these and allow the car to run even without tuning. We've had many customers do steps of tuning instead of the whole package at once.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by splinter
+1 on stevieb and TVT_DESIGN

Per HDDP, whose shared intel I regard highly:

They’ll plug…but they certainly won’t play.
Yes, that info is from Bosch USA directly. And you are correct, throwing the SRT6 injectors onto the fuel rail physically fits and will run the engine at idle in open loop... Step on the gas and it chokes. I just happened to test it with the injectors for my SRT6 engine...

Old 05-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

HDDP
Question for you on the NA system, does it ever go into open loop under full load or a fixed rate? Some FI systems have this feature to protect the engine (Too lean in closed loop) It will go to fixed rate under full load ~35% and open loop after about 20 seconds of full load.
Thanks

Old 07-11-2009, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
We've found that 19's are the best for the majority of cars. The benefit of not going bigger is that the ecu will still adapt to these and allow the car to run even without tuning. We've had many customers do steps of tuning instead of the whole package at once.
I thought I'd bring this back from the dead since i may have an injector issue with two of mine. And since a good friend of mine owns a MB dealer, he may have some of the "larger" injectors kicking around (for free) depending on what model they're for.

So my question is, does anyone know what injectors are the upgraded ones TVT mentions above? If our flow rate is 15.5 @ 3 bar, and to my understanding the SLK ones are 17 @ 3 bar, then what do the 19 @ 3 bar come out of? (or what is the part number more importantly if anyone knows)

Old 07-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Forum Regular

Mustangs, BMWs and others. Just need the same plug end and impedance as the oems. Plus you'll need spacers and longer bolts for the rail. If someone doesn't chime in with a part number I can look and see what I am running, they were off a BMW.

Originally Posted by peter_k
I thought I'd bring this back from the dead since i may have an injector issue with two of mine. And since a good friend of mine owns a MB dealer, he may have some of the "larger" injectors kicking around (for free) depending on what model they're for.

So my question is, does anyone know what injectors are the upgraded ones TVT mentions above? If our flow rate is 15.5 @ 3 bar, and to my understanding the SLK ones are 17 @ 3 bar, then what do the 19 @ 3 bar come out of? (or what is the part number more importantly if anyone knows)

Old 07-11-2009, 11:57 PM
TVT_DESIGN

We don't use OEM injectors. We use a custom injector. The flow pattern and atomization of the stock injectors was found to be "dated" compared to a lot of the newer tech available.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckNorris
Mustangs, BMWs and others. Just need the same plug end and impedance as the oems. Plus you'll need spacers and longer bolts for the rail. If someone doesn't chime in with a part number I can look and see what I am running, they were off a BMW.
message deleted

Last edited by downwardspiral; 07-12-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors / Rail